As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Alarm Clock Software

AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Games and Technology
I am having a hell of a time getting up in the morning, and I need a quick fix to get some MP3s blaring to wake me up.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, figured I'd get the best responses here. Technology, right? :D

Akinos on

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DarkPrimus on
  • AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Er, yes, I saw those, but the last program I randomly dl'd after a google search crashed a lot.. Wondering if anyone has any experience with reliable one. :)

(Though maybe you know that list to be reliable?)

Akinos on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Citrus Alarm Clock is what I use, and it works great.

It even has a failsafe where it'll use the Windows "ding" over and over again until you wake up and turn it off/turn your speakers off, if it can't load up the music.

FyreWulff on
  • TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If you are using windows, just set the task scheduler to open your mp3 player in the morning.

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

• TroubledTomTroubledTom regular
    edited March 2007
    This might be worth getting eventually as a replacement to your regular alarm clock:

http://www.nandahome.com

TroubledTom on
    Wii friend code: 8704 3489 1049 8917
    Mario Kart DS: 3320 6595 7026 5000
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm quite sure I use this:
    http://www.download.com/Alarm-Clock/3000-2350_4-7087271.html?tag=lst-0-2

Nothing like waking up to the last mission of Ace Combat 4 in the morning blasting in your ears.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I've had nothing but good luck with Banshee Screamer alarm, and I believe it was in the linkey on the second post. It can do mp3's and wake your upstares neighbor with it's default alarm.

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    is there a program that will start my computer at a certain time when it's shut off? I got a couple of hubs and devices that have a lot of flashing lights that keep me awake at night so I just power down my system.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • AtomicBananaAtomicBanana Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Nocren wrote: »
    is there a program that will start my computer at a certain time when it's shut off? I got a couple of hubs and devices that have a lot of flashing lights that keep me awake at night so I just power down my system.

I would say *most* semi-recent pc's will have an option in the BIOS to boot up at a certain time of day. Some are even cool enough to do different times per day of the week. If this is a no go, there is another more complex option available if you have another pc somewhere that you don't turn off (or another device capable of it). Do a google on 'wake on lan' and see if you can get that working :)

AtomicBanana on
    isonline.AtomicBanana.gif Atomique+Banana.gif
  • misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Nocren wrote: »

Just put post-it notes over the blinking. That's what I did, because my systems have processes running that need to go overnight for my business. Worked like a charm.

misbehavin on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I use my mobile phone. 60% of the time, it works everytime.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    I use my mobile phone. 60% of the time, it works everytime.
    You work in marketing, don't you?

Kreutz on
  • Death_ClawDeath_Claw Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm quite sure I use this:
    http://www.download.com/Alarm-Clock/3000-2350_4-7087271.html?tag=lst-0-2

Nothing like waking up to the last mission of Ace Combat 4 in the morning blasting in your ears.

:) Now I´m here wondering why my alarm clock doesn´t run away and hide when I don´t wake up...

Death_Claw on
    steam_sig.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I use a program called "Alarm Clock" on my Mac. I also use my DS from time to time.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    College Alarm Clock is a simple masterpiece. You can have it beep (modifiable frequencies), play a CD, or open any file in its default manner. You can set up different alarms (times and types) for each day of the week. It's also free.

SithDrummer on