As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Jante [Chat]

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Too late, nerd, I am already shunning you.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    We need to send Iran one of those FTD money boquets, but with like, billion dollar bills instead of hundreds. And a card that says "Look, baby, we screwed up, how can we be together again."

nibXTE7.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Now I'm imagining a wold wherein Persians had 60 years of freedom and democracy and we became the twin pillars of democratic buddy-buddyism.

Us over here with our voting, them over there.

Travel and commerce between both countries becomes commonplace as the surrounding middle east region sees an egalitarian possibility in their midst rather than us yelling about shit while we throw bombs around.

the US and Persia at first like the two new partners in a cop movie but in the end we saved each other a few times and overcame our initial misunderstandings to walk away from an explosion in slow motion together.

Well, that was depressing to imagine.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Geo-caching is cool.

You need to start doing some of those weird real world riddle hunts. EACH RIDDLE LEADS TO ANOTHER CLUE.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Until at the last clue, I am there holding a gun. One bullet in the chamber.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Geo-caching is cool.

You need to start doing some of those weird real world riddle hunts. EACH RIDDLE LEADS TO ANOTHER CLUE.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfI2l1IHHwY

I knew Ron Swanson would love riddles. That was a great episode but all parks and rec episodes are awesome these days.

Shun shun shun

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    desc wrote:
    Now I'm imagining a wold wherein Persians had 60 years of freedom and democracy and we became the twin pillars of democratic buddy-buddyism.

Us over here with our voting, them over there.

Travel and commerce between both countries becomes commonplace as the surrounding middle east region sees an egalitarian possibility in their midst rather than us yelling about shit while we throw bombs around.

the US and Persia at first like the two new partners in a cop movie but in the end we saved each other a few times and overcame our initial misunderstandings to walk away from an explosion in slow motion together.

Well, that was depressing to imagine.

This isn't impossible but requires some major changes with the current regime. You know kind of like the Green Revolution was trying to implement. The more you read Khomeini himself his idea was a bit to Utopian to function. But also like any country that has a single ruler or autocracy set up corruption occurs. And that happened pretty heavily in Iran.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Would it be weird to pay for an expensive dinner with cash? My bank card apparently will only authorize up to $1000 dollars per day. I'm debating if I should just go get a cash advance and take the money out ahead of time.

When I say "cash" I mean primarily $100 bills.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Shun shun shun

Un-shun. How's your day going? Shun.

Drez wrote:
    Would it be weird to pay for an expensive dinner with cash? My bank card apparently will only authorize up to $1000 dollars per day. I'm debating if I should just go get a cash advance and take the money out ahead of time.

My dad does this all the time since he doesn't like using credit cards. He has an easier timing tracking cash.

u7stthr17eud.png
    So I was okay with Occupy movements, but the one in my town just set up camp in one of our local parks and made it a shithole. Their permit is not being renewed and expires Feb. 29.

Mazzyx wrote: »
    Drez wrote:

My dad does this all the time since he doesn't like using credit cards. He has an easier timing tracking cash.

Alternately, you could remove the $1000 limit on your debit card at your bank, I think.

So I was okay with Occupy movements, but the one in my town just set up camp in one of our local parks and made it a shithole. Their permit is not being renewed and expires Feb. 29.

I have my issues with the movement. But I do think that getting thrown out has lead to some changes and made them a better movement if they can regroup come spring and warmer weather. One of my friends is big into the movement here in Denver. They do a lot of teaching and work with the homeless at the moment.

u7stthr17eud.png
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Shun shun shun

Un-shun. How's your day going? Shun.
    I am at work and it is still many hours until UFC Japan.

:C

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg

I have my issues with the movement. But I do think that getting thrown out has lead to some changes and made them a better movement if they can regroup come spring and warmer weather. One of my friends is big into the movement here in Denver. They do a lot of teaching and work with the homeless at the moment.

Yes. Their camping over the winter has done nothing to promote or inspire. Also they basically just had a bunch of homeless people and addicts glom onto them and steal shit.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    so aaron slept over

and as a result

for the first time all week i didn't have nightmares

so aaron slept over

and as a result

\o/

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg

Yes. Their camping over the winter has done nothing to promote or inspire. Also they basically just had a bunch of homeless people and addicts glom onto them and steal shit.

Yeah, listening to him about some of the issues with their organization system makes me just shake my head. The anarchist keep trying to grab power, enjoy the irony. There is a section that just wants to go back to camping to get their message across. There are those who want to alter it to a political movement aka the liberal tea party. Sounds like every mixed revolutionary group, the moment they lose a target to focus on they all fall upon each other.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    so aaron slept over

and as a result

awwwwwww

ftOqU21.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Our Occupy movement is a bunch of unwashed hippies who are destroying local businesses that are dependent on tourists. I was really hoping the lot of them would drown during the floods a few months back, but that doesn't seem to have been the case.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Ugh. Fuck.

So my day is ruined.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Ugh. Fuck.

So my day is ruined.

what happened

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Hey, what was that video someone posted yesterday, I think yak films? It was 2 people dancing in a subway and there were EMTs

Tav wrote:
    Our Occupy movement is a bunch of unwashed hippies who are destroying local businesses that are dependent on tourists. I was really hoping the lot of them would drown during the floods a few months back, but that doesn't seem to have been the case.

Hippies much like rats are hard to kill.

u7stthr17eud.png
    edited February 2012
    Drez wrote:

Alternately, you could remove the $1000 limit on your debit card at your bank, I think.

No, it's a pay card thing. Which I am migrating from to my real bank account. I don't have any control over their stupid goddamn limits. Like $400 ATM daily limit. What the fuck is that about?

Drez on
    Tav wrote:

Hippies much like rats are hard to kill.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzj6EeFi_7U

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Ugh. Fuck.

So my day is ruined.

what happened
    girl bullshit if i had to guess.

also, where my l4d bitches at

or SoaSE bitches. Whichever, I ain't picky i just want to get some multiplayer gaming on. Haven't done that with any of you punks in forever.

your day ain't ruined. play some vidjagames with your mates.

Organichu wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    The older I get, the more sympathetic to anarchists I get.

huh that is odd

i think i'm the exact opposite

Really?

I mean, I'm not ready to swear off democracy but if, for instance with the current discussion, we directly engaged Iran militarily

Yeah I would probably need to go find a black handkerchief pretty quick

I think it's mostly that American society as a whole strikes me as mostly devoid of value in its center, with people working away to make value or beauty between individuals. Reformism alone just hacks at the branches. I mean, I know that things change and continue to change. I get it that women's suffrage is less than a century old and that people make things happen -- it just seems that votes and parties and elections are the final formalizing stamp on what changes everywhere else, especially in peoples' heads, first.

I've lived my entire life under capitalism, so I ignore the sick or homeless dying because I have to pretend money is somehow more real than Santa Claus. If an anarchist asked me to justify this, I would have nothing to say to them.

With fronds like these who needs anemones?

Doot doo, Doot do Doot doo

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    TL DR wrote: »
    Hey, what was that video someone posted yesterday, I think yak films? It was 2 people dancing in a subway and there were EMTs

it was the one they just filmed recently probably

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSS6RP-8ebg

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Man, Finding Nemo needs to hurry up and come out on bluray.

I think is still one of yak's best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am4ppRMiCxA

2:05
    dat beat switch

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    do you want to play ME3, winks

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i hope my computer didn't catch AIDS from me going on Isohunt the other night.

Nova_C wrote: »
    Man, Finding Nemo needs to hurry up and come out on bluray.

Once it does, you'll have less trouble finding Nemo

on Blu-Ray.

This discussion has been closed.