As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Jante [Chat]

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of Catch .44

My bad

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    It's kind of surprising to hear that a younger woman might like Forrest Gump, assuming she isn't college Republican or something.

Jenny gets treated pretty harshly in that film, and all she does to bring that upon herself is wanting to escape an abusive household and experience the world. Meanwhile, Forrest gets to do the latter simply by being an idiot savant who blindly follows orders and never questions anything.

And then she gets AIDs and dies.

All in all, not a great image of womankind in a film that otherwise exists as entirely positive love letter to the baby boomer generation.

I liked the part where she sexually assaulted the retarded guy.

You think he didn't want to get laid? Nobody's that retarded, bro.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    calling people twats isn't nice.

that's just what a twat would say

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Whoops!

I went to reset a bank of light switches in a currently unoccupied part of the building and accidentally turned off 3/4 of the lights in the call center.

lol my bad.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    It's kind of surprising to hear that a younger woman might like Forrest Gump, assuming she isn't college Republican or something.

Jenny gets treated pretty harshly in that film, and all she does to bring that upon herself is wanting to escape an abusive household and experience the world. Meanwhile, Forrest gets to do the latter simply by being an idiot savant who blindly follows orders and never questions anything.

All in all, not a great image of womankind in a film that otherwise exists as entirely positive love letter to the baby boomer generation.

i remember reading the book. after they fuck (which i remember being described thoroughly), jenny is panting, sated and exhausted.

forrest... *puff puff*... where you bin' all mah life?

i bin' around

Organichu on
  • Options

i remember reading the book. after they fuck (which i remember being described thoroughly), jenny is panting, sated and exhausted.

i bin' around

Slluuuuuttttttttt.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

i bin' around

I like how you quoted the bits nobody cares about. This post is everything but thorough.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I bet there's some Forrest-Jenny slash out there.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

i bin' around

I like how you quoted the bits nobody cares about. This post is everything but thorough.

well i don't remember the details of the sex! i don't think i masturbated to imagery of this retarded guy plowing a hippie.

i do remember finding 'i been around' to be hilarious, though.

• Options
    I bet there's some Forrest-Lieutenant Dan slash out there.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    3 months from now I have to be an adult

I've squandered my entire youth being boring as fuck

This is early life crisis

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

You're only as old as the women you have sex with.

• Options

it's not like you have to be a boring adult. don't destroy other people's property, don't hurt people, and show up for work. you're still allowed to do dumb shit in your free time.

• Options

You're only as old as the women you have sex with.

robos i'm going to boston in april

i'm gonna need you to sign this permission slip for me

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I bet there's some Forrest-Jenny slash out there.

MYbra.png

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHs99iVpnXU

beep boop

good morning people

i'm tired because i always wake up at 745, and i got home last night at 3, so that is lame

also my leg is being cripply

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I love the number of words there. exactly 999.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular

1/4 life crisis is apparently a thing.

I think I sorta had one.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Nerd, nooooo

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    in the world of fanfiction, angst is a genre

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    "The erosion of stone monuments" is a terrible story name.

Like, maybe if you're writing some kind of research paper or something.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I mean just use "Erosion" or something at least.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    In catch-22 the book, Major Major Major Major looks like Henry Fonda, to the point where a few characters thinks he is Henry Fonda.

This was written with a movie adaption in mind; the author wanted either Henry Fonda or someone who looked nothing at all like Henry Fonda to play him.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    so girl does want to go watch football

with me

yes

this is a thing which is good

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

with me

yes

something something show her your hand of god something something

• Options

with me

yes

what?

are you implying that Tav is Maradona and that he should show his hand to her?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

with me

yes

I'll make a probing run down her left wing, if you know what I mean.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

with me

yes

what?

are you implying that Tav is Maradona and that he should show his hand to her?

actually, Maradona punched the ball. He's saying I should beat her.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    desc wrote: »
    The older I get, the more sympathetic to anarchists I get.

huh that is odd

i think i'm the exact opposite

Really?

I mean, I'm not ready to swear off democracy but if, for instance with the current discussion, we directly engaged Iran militarily

Yeah I would probably need to go find a black handkerchief pretty quick

I think it's mostly that American society as a whole strikes me as mostly devoid of value in its center, with people working away to make value or beauty between individuals. Reformism alone just hacks at the branches. I mean, I know that things change and continue to change. I get it that women's suffrage is less than a century old and that people make things happen -- it just seems that votes and parties and elections are the final formalizing stamp on what changes everywhere else, especially in peoples' heads, first.

I've lived my entire life under capitalism, so I ignore the sick or homeless dying because I have to pretend money is somehow more real than Santa Claus. If an anarchist asked me to justify this, I would have nothing to say to them.

@Desc

re: value, I'm not sure what your meaning is exactly (or maybe I'm sniffing at the edges of it but I'm not all that sure how it applies to America uniquely or especially)

re: anarchy, I think if an anarchist asked me to justify anything, I'd ask them to justify their system that inherently marginalizes and endangers the weak, the ignorant, and the defenseless.

Organichu on
  • Options
    i'm saying he should fist her, you fools

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    And then deny it ever happened

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Despite everyone having video and photo evidence

:winky:

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    omg Madeon has new stuff???

• Options
    edited February 2012

huh that is odd

Really?

I mean, I'm not ready to swear off democracy but if, for instance with the current discussion, we directly engaged Iran militarily

I think it's mostly that American society as a whole strikes me as mostly devoid of value in its center, with people working away to make value or beauty between individuals. Reformism alone just hacks at the branches. I mean, I know that things change and continue to change. I get it that women's suffrage is less than a century old and that people make things happen -- it just seems that votes and parties and elections are the final formalizing stamp on what changes everywhere else, especially in peoples' heads, first.

I've lived my entire life under capitalism, so I ignore the sick or homeless dying because I have to pretend money is somehow more real than Santa Claus. If an anarchist asked me to justify this, I would have nothing to say to them.

@Desc

re: value, I'm not sure what your meaning is exactly (or maybe I'm sniffing at the edges of it but I'm not all that sure how it applies to America uniquely or especially)

re: anarchy, I think if an anarchist asked me to justify anything, I'd ask them to justify their system that inherently marginalizes and endangers the weak, the ignorant, and the defenseless.

what if it's not an anarcho-capitalist but an anarcho-syndicalist

what then?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    the only problem I have with communism is that it doesn't work

I have more problems than that with libertarianism

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    hyperventilating over this

• Options

huh that is odd

Really?

@Desc

what then?

i'd probably tell them that i am principally opposed to responding to hyphenated political philosophies.

• Options

huh that is odd

Really?

@Desc

what then?

i'd probably tell them that i am principally opposed to responding to hyphenated political philosophies.

but you did just now. You just dropped the "capitalist".

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.