Options

[Mass Effect] Put all ME3 discussion in spoiler tags. ALL OF IT.

12467100

Posts

  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Solar wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Yeah I know

    it still annoys me

    You annoy me. :x

    Seriously though, can you articulate why? Because I just do not understand that viewpoint.

    It's like me getting pissed off because Starcraft includes a multiplayer component that I've never touched.

    I dunno, it just kind of feels like the multiplayer should be seperate from the single player

    I can't really articulate why

    To be honest I wish that they had never included multiplayer in ME3, even though I'd never have played it

    Can't exactly articulate why I feel that either

    So how about BG2's multiplayer. Did that annoy you? Or how about Half Life's?

    (I'm assuming you're like me and hardly EVER play the multiplayer component of a game).

    Orca on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    it's because you have awful opinions and I hate you

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Yeah I know

    it still annoys me

    You annoy me. :x

    Seriously though, can you articulate why? Because I just do not understand that viewpoint.

    It's like me getting pissed off because Starcraft includes a multiplayer component that I've never touched.

    I dunno, it just kind of feels like the multiplayer should be seperate from the single player

    I can't really articulate why

    To be honest I wish that they had never included multiplayer in ME3, even though I'd never have played it

    Can't exactly articulate why I feel that either

    So how about BG2's multiplayer. Did that annoy you? Or how about Half Life's?

    (I'm assuming you're like me and hardly EVER play the multiplayer component of a game).

    I played the BG2 multiplayer for a while

    but then discovered that you created your entire party

    and I thought that was kind of shitty because actually I wanted to bring along the existing NPCs with the cool dialogue and character and so on.

    So I stopped doing that

    I enjoyed the HL2 multiplayer quite a bit. Counter Strike: Source as well, used to play that semi-regularly

    I am not a huge multiplayer gamer, though I do head online on occasion

    It's just in this case, I don't like it and wish it wasn't there. Dunno why, really.

  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Yeah I know

    it still annoys me

    You annoy me. :x

    Seriously though, can you articulate why? Because I just do not understand that viewpoint.

    It's like me getting pissed off because Starcraft includes a multiplayer component that I've never touched.

    I dunno, it just kind of feels like the multiplayer should be seperate from the single player

    I can't really articulate why

    To be honest I wish that they had never included multiplayer in ME3, even though I'd never have played it

    Can't exactly articulate why I feel that either

    So how about BG2's multiplayer. Did that annoy you? Or how about Half Life's?

    (I'm assuming you're like me and hardly EVER play the multiplayer component of a game).

    I played the BG2 multiplayer for a while

    but then discovered that you created your entire party

    and I thought that was kind of shitty because actually I wanted to bring along the existing NPCs with the cool dialogue and character and so on.

    So I stopped doing that

    I enjoyed the HL2 multiplayer quite a bit. Counter Strike: Source as well, used to play that semi-regularly

    I am not a huge multiplayer gamer, though I do head online on occasion

    It's just in this case, I don't like it and wish it wasn't there. Dunno why, really.

    In other words, you're being irrational and don't know why? OK then!

  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    it's because you have awful opinions and I hate you

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Orca wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Yeah I know

    it still annoys me

    You annoy me. :x

    Seriously though, can you articulate why? Because I just do not understand that viewpoint.

    It's like me getting pissed off because Starcraft includes a multiplayer component that I've never touched.

    I dunno, it just kind of feels like the multiplayer should be seperate from the single player

    I can't really articulate why

    To be honest I wish that they had never included multiplayer in ME3, even though I'd never have played it

    Can't exactly articulate why I feel that either

    So how about BG2's multiplayer. Did that annoy you? Or how about Half Life's?

    (I'm assuming you're like me and hardly EVER play the multiplayer component of a game).

    I played the BG2 multiplayer for a while

    but then discovered that you created your entire party

    and I thought that was kind of shitty because actually I wanted to bring along the existing NPCs with the cool dialogue and character and so on.

    So I stopped doing that

    I enjoyed the HL2 multiplayer quite a bit. Counter Strike: Source as well, used to play that semi-regularly

    I am not a huge multiplayer gamer, though I do head online on occasion

    It's just in this case, I don't like it and wish it wasn't there. Dunno why, really.

    In other words, you're being irrational and don't know why? OK then!

    Yeah pretty much

    Solar on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    you don't have to be such a jerk about this, orca

  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    really you should be more of a jerk about this

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SilvenSilven Registered User regular
    Solar seems to be a cool dude with, just, really unpopular opinions

  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    you don't have to be such a jerk about this, orca

    Your mom's a jerk about this.

  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Silven wrote: »
    Solar seems to be a cool dude with, just, really unpopular opinions

    I know the feeling

  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Silven wrote: »
    Solar seems to be a cool dude with, just, really unpopular opinions

    Not quite as unpopular as -Tal's.

  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    probably a nicer way to say it

    really, though

    a multiplayer function that doesn't have to be touched, and does not even have to affect the main game (seriously, you never have to click promote)

    not even a reason to complain about it

    unless it's something specifically about the gameplay

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Yeah I know

    it still annoys me

    You annoy me. :x

    Seriously though, can you articulate why? Because I just do not understand that viewpoint.

    It's like me getting pissed off because Starcraft includes a multiplayer component that I've never touched.

    I dunno, it just kind of feels like the multiplayer should be seperate from the single player

    I can't really articulate why

    To be honest I wish that they had never included multiplayer in ME3, even though I'd never have played it

    Can't exactly articulate why I feel that either

    because you want your experience to be the "right" one, for everyone

  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    like seriously

    you don't like it because you want all the things you WANT to do to be the only things that anyone CAN do

  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    There is no reason to complain, no

    And I am a completionist, so I don't even need to worry about the readiness meter. It'll probably start mostly full given that I always used saves from ME1 going through to ME2 with everything done, all the items collected, quests finished and so on.

    It's not even the beginning of a bother for me

    or at least it shouldn't be

    but it is

  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    like seriously

    you don't like it because you want all the things you WANT to do to be the only things that anyone CAN do

    This argument kind of makes sense. I wonder how accurate it is.

  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    like seriously

    you don't like it because you want all the things you WANT to do to be the only things that anyone CAN do

    Possibly, maybe even probably

    Like I said, I can't really explain it

  • Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    It's a fair opinion. There's one dev who really doesn't think our games should have romances. He knows that he doesn't have to do them if he doesn't want to, but he just hates them being in there.

    Opinions!

    I play almost no multiplayer games at all -- nothing online (except SWTOR, which I play as a single-player game that unfortunately has other people running around in it), and beyond that just same-screen co-op games with my wife or kids (the Lego games, for example). I was hoping our MP wouldn't detract from the game, and was pleasantly shocked to discover how much fun it was to set up combos with my friends instead of with the power wheel. But that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with me.

  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    man

    don't even give that feeling the time of day if doesn't make sense

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    takyris wrote: »
    It's a fair opinion. There's one dev who really doesn't think our games should have romances. He knows that he doesn't have to do them if he doesn't want to, but he just hates them being in there.

    Opinions!

    I play almost no multiplayer games at all -- nothing online (except SWTOR, which I play as a single-player game that unfortunately has other people running around in it), and beyond that just same-screen co-op games with my wife or kids (the Lego games, for example). I was hoping our MP wouldn't detract from the game, and was pleasantly shocked to discover how much fun it was to set up combos with my friends instead of with the power wheel. But that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with me.

    YES THEY DO

    edit: what's your opinion on ice cream taky, I must know

    Orca on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I just love that what Shepard was able to solo, a team of the Alliance's best almost failed at.

    Does anyone have a link to that "worst possible import" run of ME2? The one with only Morinth and Kasumi alive (as they're least likely to feature heavily, due to being a secret character and DLC) and all the worst decisions made?

    Taky confirming that they were aware of that thread and actually using it as a base template for minimum possible support in ME3 makes me feel all tingly inside.

    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Shepard's gonna take the Reapers on alone.

    I'm going to have to try that as a playthrough sometime. Anybody have a link to a worst-possible ME1->ME2 save?

  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Later today, I will post the most amazing action scene ever written.

    Are you actually transcribing this or are you just getting excerpts off of the internet?

    Because I need to know who to feel sorry for not just having to actually read that book, but then read through parts of it AGAIN to transcribe it.

    Regardless, you're a hero for sharing these excerpts with us.

    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I've finally got the Matlock. It is super

  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    takyris wrote: »
    It's a fair opinion. There's one dev who really doesn't think our games should have romances. He knows that he doesn't have to do them if he doesn't want to, but he just hates them being in there.

    Opinions!

    I play almost no multiplayer games at all -- nothing online (except SWTOR, which I play as a single-player game that unfortunately has other people running around in it), and beyond that just same-screen co-op games with my wife or kids (the Lego games, for example). I was hoping our MP wouldn't detract from the game, and was pleasantly shocked to discover how much fun it was to set up combos with my friends instead of with the power wheel. But that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with me.

    Yeah it's just a silly feeling, really

  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    when I do my "failshep" run I'm not going to kill everyone on the suicide mission because I feel like it's too easy to totally fuck up your run that way. I gotta ruin the galaxy in style!

    what I am going to do is skip any recruitment and loyalty missions that I'm allowed to, and then once i'm in the collector base do everything I can to keep everyone alive in spite of my awful decisions. Obviously I'm still going to lose a few people but the way my brain thinks about it I am coming by it more honestly than if I were deliberately trying to kill everyone

  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Later today, I will post the most amazing action scene ever written.

    Are you actually transcribing this or are you just getting excerpts off of the internet?

    Because I need to know who to feel sorry for not just having to actually read that book, but then read through parts of it AGAIN to transcribe it.

    Regardless, you're a hero for sharing these excerpts with us.

    He's reading the book.

    Because he's the hero Penny Arcade deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A man with the machinegun.

  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    To be fair

    I wasn't wowed by the idea of multiplayer until I tried a few rounds

    now I'm totally sold on it

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    that's not fair at all!

    a lot of people put a lot of work into the multiplayer, and a lot of other people like it a lot

    saying "I wish this feature wasn't in there because man I dunno I just kinda do" is pretty petty!

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    that's not fair at all!

    a lot of people put a lot of work into the multiplayer, and a lot of other people like it a lot

    saying "I wish this feature wasn't in there because man I dunno I just kinda do" is pretty petty!

    Probably

    True though

  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    a pretty penny for people with petty prederelictions

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Here's what I was talking about, it's a guide rather than a save so I guess it'll have to wait for Gibbed's ME3 editor :P

    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/1165725

    Anyone know how to show only Bioware posts in the the BSN?

    Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    now I'm not gonna play any multiplayer with you, solar

    I mean I wouldn't anyways because you hate good things

    but now I won't on my end

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    now I'm not gonna play any multiplayer with you, solar

    I mean I wouldn't anyways because you hate good things

    but now I won't on my end

    O-okay?

  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Legions loyalty mission-
    Hmm. Blew them up for my main playthrough. Something always rubbed me wrong about the reprogramming, beyond the ethical concerns. I adore the Geth, but there's got to be something more to that virus than a simple switcharoo, unbeknownst to Legion.

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    -Intentionally gave the undercover reporter, Moirall, the wrong password

    Wait, what is this?

  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Orca wrote: »
    -Intentionally gave the undercover reporter, Moirall, the wrong password

    Wait, what is this?

    it was a thing in ME1, I can barely remember it

  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    RE: Worst possible playthrough

    My fantasy DLC is going through the repercussions of the worst possible playthrough
    (Earth has fallen but cerberus has expanded throughout the galaxy with reaper tech)

    and then at the end it cuts to that one depressed volus on noveria snapping out of a fugue and shakes his head

    "nah, that's too fucked up, even for me"

  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Orca wrote: »
    -Intentionally gave the undercover reporter, Moirall, the wrong password

    Wait, what is this?

    Samara's loyalty mission
    It's one of the assorted deed you can do to try and attract Morinth's attention


    There's an undercover reporter doing an expose on a gang

    but unbeknownst to her the gang's onto her and have Plans


    her partner's much too frightened to go pull her out, he drafts you to pass the bug out code along

    Seriously on
This discussion has been closed.