As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Put all ME3 discussion in spoiler tags. ALL OF IT.

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Anyone up for PC multi? Wanna widow some people some more.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    first time through I'm gonna be in kind of a rush

I'll save the proving myself until later

0BnD8l3.gif
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm also torn between going engineer or sentinel for my first time around

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    Well your problem there is a lack of vanguard.

Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

I haven't played in weeks so I have no idea what level my guy will be at, but it'd be fun

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    lez do it, Huntera

Miss me? Find me on:

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I'm also torn between going engineer or sentinel for my first time around

Gonna do my "canon" Soldier Shep the first time around for once. Usually I test the waters with a pure Paragon Vanguard, but I kind of want to fly by the seat of my pants this time.

IKknkhU.gif
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Are the difficulties still Casual, Normal, Veteran, Hardcore and Insanity?

I'll probably Veteran for my first playthrough
    Wanna get through it reasonably fast

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Only need one more for PC multiplayer.

Veteran doesn't sound too bad

that was my first run for ME2

Miss me? Find me on:

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    My FemShep Infiltrator is ready. She will save everyone in the universe, even if she has to kill everyone to do it.

Also that launch trailer?

Holy Crap.
    Hoooooly Crap.

sig.gif
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I'm in!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Updating my drivers since I heard the new nvidia drivers have mass effect optimizations

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

no veteran anymore

What's your origina name? You're not on the list

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    Elendil wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »

no veteran anymore

Dangit
    Bioware discriminating against veterans!

Guess I'll have to try my hand at Hardcore then

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Given that Taky's said it's basically Silver, I'm going to give Insanity a go from the start, and if I start raging, crank it down.

• tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular

Considering that I'm gonna be starting the game at lvl 30 and how I've had my skills honed by the multiplayer demo I feel pretty comfortable jumping right in on insanity.

I would just like to say that I cannot wait to start unleashing Novas on unsuspecting enemies.

I keep wanting to do it in ME2. It's infuriating, all those enemies there and me unable to blast them with AoE biotic force. :(

I'll probably stick to Hardcore at first

Elendil wrote: »
    I'll probably stick to Hardcore at first

Giving it to Harbinger just the way he likes it.

Hardcore.

Orca wrote: »
    I would just like to say that I cannot wait to start unleashing Novas on unsuspecting enemies.

SHEPHARD SMASH

SHEPHARD STRONGEST THERE IS

Second time around I'll have to roll Engineer or something. The idea of pimp-slapping people to death appeals to me.

• tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Apparently the Multiplayer demo goes offline monday morning.
    Hi everyone! We hope you’ve been having a great time with the multiplayer demo for Mass Effect 3. If you haven’t had an opportunity to try it out, don’t miss your chance: This weekend is the final weekend of the multiplayer preview and the servers will be taken offline on the morning (PST) of Monday, March 5. The single-player demo will continue to be available.

We also wanted to let everyone know that we’ve been listening to your feedback, and during the final weekend of the multiplayer demo we will be increasing the chances of unlocking rare race/class combinations. This adjustment to unlocks will carry forward into the main game.

Finally, for a little taste of the amazing multiplayer content coming when the game releases on March 6, make sure you check out the Integrated Co-Op Multiplayer page on www.masseffect.com, where we’ve uploaded panoramic screenshot galleries from a number of new multiplayer maps!

tayvaan on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Woo, Direct2Drive aka Gamefly sent out ME3 preorder keys, so I'm pre-loading right now.

squeee.

To buck the trend, I'll once again be playing on whatever the lowest combat difficulty is, since I can't just spacebar through the action scenes to get to the interesting and important parts.

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Lost connection on wave 10 and it won't let me rejoin games

Boooo

I am seriously aggravated

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Woo, Direct2Drive aka Gamefly sent out ME3 preorder keys, so I'm pre-loading right now.

squeee.

To buck the trend, I'll once again be playing on whatever the lowest combat difficulty is, since I can't just spacebar through the action scenes to get to the interesting and important parts.

Story mode to the rescue!

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    tayvaan wrote: »
    Hi everyone! We hope you’ve been having a great time with the multiplayer demo for Mass Effect 3. If you haven’t had an opportunity to try it out, don’t miss your chance: This weekend is the final weekend of the multiplayer preview and the servers will be taken offline on the morning (PST) of Monday, March 5. The single-player demo will continue to be available.

We also wanted to let everyone know that we’ve been listening to your feedback, and during the final weekend of the multiplayer demo we will be increasing the chances of unlocking rare race/class combinations. This adjustment to unlocks will carry forward into the main game.

Finally, for a little taste of the amazing multiplayer content coming when the game releases on March 6, make sure you check out the Integrated Co-Op Multiplayer page on www.masseffect.com, where we’ve uploaded panoramic screenshot galleries from a number of new multiplayer maps!
    Jeez.

I might as well start using all that equipment I haven't been using.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682

Jeez.

I might as well start using all that equipment I haven't been using.

Fire two rounds? Resupply pack! See a sniper? Rocket! Die in round one? Medigel!

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Batarians flee hegemony space

Exodus cluster relay jammed by batarian ships. Alliance: “Now that the comm buoys are offline, the batarians are fleeing their government.”

Guess we gotta make some room on the sofa for houseguests..

i hope race/class combos are just uncommons now

i mean

i don't want to spend 50 g's on a spectre pack only to end up with my 13th asari adept

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That is awesome

WE WELCOME THE BATARIANS WHO HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT

CYpGAPn.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    so the batarian government is basically space north korea

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Fire two rounds? Resupply pack! See a sniper? Rocket! Die in round one? Medigel!

Nah, I mean all those weapon amps and special ammo types I keep thinking I'm going to save for Gold rounds.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular

Just a note on this for people wary of spoilers. Like Halo 3, some of the panoramic shots of the new maps are potentially spoilers in that they appear to be - in part at least - slices from single player mission areas. I mean, it's light spoilers but just a heads up.

• ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    @Huntera is too cool to put his Origin name on this list.

Which means Huntera is just not cool.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    @Javen Not to put any undue pressure on you or anything, but if you don't buy the 360 version, I will be very cross.

(By which I mean I will spend an entire day in bed crying, because you like your PC better than me.)

[IMG][/img]
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I like my PC better than a lot of people

but yeah I found a gamestop nearby that's doing midnight release so I'll probably pick it up on 360

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

Yeah, yeah. I just thought it was funny cause I've lived here most of my life and didn't make the connection until yesterday even though I've been playing the game a few months.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    hey @takyris if you happen to be around I have a question it'd be cool to get an answer to

ME2 ending/Lair of the Shadow Broker
    How does ME3 handle it if you romanced another character during the main game but reaffirm your relationship with Liara at the end of LotSB? Does Liara just replace your other love interest or does it create a love triangle kind of situation? I feel like the latter might be kinda fun but if it does little to nothing then I'd rather just stay loyal to Tali.

Obviously the answer would have to spoil ME3 a tiny bit but I'd appreciate as non-spoilery answer as possible!

This discussion has been closed.