As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Put all ME3 discussion in spoiler tags. ALL OF IT.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    We also wanted to let everyone know that we’ve been listening to your feedback, and during the final weekend of the multiplayer demo we will be increasing the chances of unlocking rare race/class combinations. This adjustment to unlocks will carry forward into the main game.

holy shit they listened to my whining!

0BnD8l3.gif
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Holy shit man
    stasis bubble is so nice
    A phantom? Stop! Hammertime!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    The satellite dish map looks gorgeous

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    We also wanted to let everyone know that we’ve been listening to your feedback, and during the final weekend of the multiplayer demo we will be increasing the chances of unlocking rare race/class combinations. This adjustment to unlocks will carry forward into the main game.

WAT.

sig.gif
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I like my PC better than a lot of people

but yeah I found a gamestop nearby that's doing midnight release so I'll probably pick it up on 360

Good.

But I am still going to sniffle a little bit, since you apparently treasure your machine over your flesh-and-blood frie - whoops, I lied, I'm full out weeping now.

That's embarrassing.

[IMG][/img]
  • KanaKana Registered User regular

Does that include guns?

Because Joey the Turian Sentinel still needs a big shiny revenant to spam booleets

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

WAT.

only the adjustments will carry forward, not the equipment.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sorce wrote: »

WAT.

only the adjustments will carry forward, not the equipment.
    Ah, okay then. The chance of unlocking something will be improved/carried over, not the actual things being unlocked.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    That would rather defeat the point of a demo now.

Plus, it's confirmed we're getting three enemy factions in Multiplayer right?

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    That would rather defeat the point of a demo now.

Plus, it's confirmed we're getting three enemy factions in Multiplayer right?
    at least

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Hmmph. My paragon bar was maxed out, and I was wearing the death mask, but it still wasn't good enough for the, "Do you have any idea how many humans I've sacrificed?" line in shadow broker.

I hope I didn't permanently damage that woman's arm.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Picking the class bonus to give you 100% Paragon/Renegade gave me access to those options.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Mine was maxed out too, and I had the same drawback

s'alright, the free paragon option was still cool

despite the loss of my heavy ammo

ME3 Morality
    Looks like that sort of thing wont necessarily be a problem in a few days. :D

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    How does ME3 Morality work?

edited March 2012
    For some reason my mixed alignment characters haven't had an especially difficult time passing those checks. Supposedly it's a combination of level and potential points from the areas you've been to, but I did the Shadow Broker check after visiting all the later areas and could have cleared it (but didn't because the intimidate option is lame). I was probably only level 24 or so at the time though. I also did the "I'm a Spectre. Start talking." check in Thane's loyalty mission, and I don't think I touched that one until level 28 at least.

Elendil on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Taky did a detailed blog post on it over on the ME blog. It's actually super great.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    I also did the "I'm a Spectre. Start talking." check in Thane's loyalty mission, and I don't think I touched that one until level 28 at least.

I never take that check, why take the fun out of it

PNk1Ml4.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I made all my favorite intimidate options

and charm

all at the cost of the ammo thing in Shadow Broker

fair trade-off

Miss me? Find me on:

-Tal wrote: »
    I also did the "I'm a Spectre. Start talking." check in Thane's loyalty mission, and I don't think I touched that one until level 28 at least.

I feel the opposite

kelham is really not terribly impressed by all the punching

but if you take aside and tell him that you can shoot him right there and no one can touch you

and you just look at him and he believes you

well

that is just neat

I feel the opposite

kelham is really not terribly impressed by all the punching

but if you take aside and tell him that you can shoot him right there and no one can touch you

and you just look at him and he believes you

well

that is just neat

the line Thane drops as you stroll out of the interrogation room is worth the lack of punching

plus, my Shepard just don't fuck around

Miss me? Find me on:

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Taky did a detailed blog post on it over on the ME blog. It's actually super great.

Alrighty.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I always tried to take the "good cop" role in that scene, but Thane lacked balls! I did it a couple times, but if I kept picking the paragon options, Thane would bug me about how we're running out of time, so I'd always play the Spectre card.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I was never bothered by the ammo thing in Shadow Broker

because my two classes to date are sentinel and engineer

hee hee zap you with space magic

Hobnail wrote: »
    I always tried to take the "good cop" role in that scene, but Thane lacked balls! I did it a couple times, but if I kept picking the paragon options, Thane would bug me about how we're running out of time, so I'd always play the Spectre card.
    if you take the middle option at the good/bad cop dialogue, you get a whole bunch of charm/intimidate options

i was blown away when i found out

i'd always hated how that scene played out for my paragon sheps

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well son of a bee sting

double bad cop every time

point the gun at the lawyer every time

can't trust a guy who's voiced by Harbinger

PNk1Ml4.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I have begun my ME3 preload.

I am

So excited.

IKknkhU.gif
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I have to finish my playthroughs. I am still debating on whether to preorder this.

we were chatting about this in-game

ME3 mp speculation
    With the potential of DLC character kits, I think it would be cool if they released a playable phantom kit. Sure, space swords, whatevs. Also: ninja flips and cloaking.

Miss me? Find me on:

• biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular
    Dat trailer!

I am going to kill all the reapers, save all the people, and spill all the drinks.

Order to be determined.

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Darn you, internet release date checks!

I shake my tiny fist at you in impotent nerd rage!

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    so I started playing a Vanguard... zomg awesome.
    biotic charge, shotgun.
    biotic charge, shotgun
    biotic charge, NOVA.. shotgun shotgun.. win

yeah I know vanguard with a shotgun?? but, my canon! whatever. might try pistol instead.. better cooldown. right now only using shotgun, 1 weapon, cooldown 144% bonus is :^:

yeah, uh

Miss me? Find me on:

with the new trailers and preloading and shit it feels like the game is due out in hours not days

not going to make the weekend any easier

Little late to the platform party, but PC gaming master race here as well.

Preloading apparently grants easy access to all the game's cinematics

so, uh, spoilers are going to be really heavy the next few days

PNk1Ml4.png

Ugh. This thread will be the only Mass Effect-related space on the net I trust.

• ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    Anyone up for some PC fun?

biggitio wrote: »

Ugh. This thread will be the only Mass Effect-related space on the net I trust.

They... can not be... stopped. They can... not... be stopped!

Miss me? Find me on:

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Preloading now.

Yaaay

I'm not gonna be able to finish my ME2 game in time, I might try that 360 game importer thing.

This discussion has been closed.