As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Zen Pinball is awesome - but does anyone else actually find it to be too bright/cluttered to play without 3d on? 3d just helps separate the playing field from all the other elements so much that it's the only 3ds game I can't play with the 3d off.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Man, I've looked at 4 different videos for Bravery Default, and I've yet to see any real gameplay. Just some cutscene stuff, some AR girl ogling, and a dude walking around places.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Khayless wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Anyone pick up Dillion's Rolling Western? I'm planning on getting it after finishing RE:R and Mutant Mudds. That is of course, unless someone talks me out of it.

I've played up to the 5th village in the Rolling Western, and I'm enjoying the game so far. Despite being left-handed I'm not having any trouble with the controls, it's mainly just dragging and tapping the stylus on the screen. The game is an odd blend of tower defence and action, I've found that Dillon usually defeats more monsters than any of my gun towers. Each stage has introduced new mechanics and opponents and I hope that continues for the rest of the game.

What I really like is the complete omission of tutorials. Your sidekick gives you a quick tip at the start of each day, and you have access to a notebook which updates over time, but apart from that you're left to experiment. However I can understand how some people may see that as a negative.

Agreed; I'm really enjoying it, but I'm worried that the price tag will scare people away. Hopefully it gets a demo, as it's a really fun game, but a tough one.

You know how Skyward Sword kind of hits you over the head with virtually everything you need to do? In that regard, this is like the anti-Zelda; it's up to you to make the decisions necessary to ensure victory.

I hope Dillon makes it into the next Smash Bros. He would be awesome.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    They are doing a series of demos, the next one presumably will have gameplay.

I'm thinking something turned based.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    EVOL wrote: »
    Man, I want to play that Bravely Default demo. The developers that made 3D Dot Game Heroes are making it.

Welp looks like I'll have to download it just to make you all jelly! *trollface*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jmix849t64&feature=youtu.be

4:12 - Skyrim?

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    riversarlriversarl Registered User new member
    Agreed; I'm really enjoying it, but I'm worried that the price tag will scare people away. Hopefully it gets a demo, as it's a really fun game, but a tough one.

You know how Skyward Sword kind of hits you over the head with virtually everything you need to do? In that regard, this is like the anti-Zelda; it's up to you to make the decisions necessary to ensure victory.

I hope Dillon makes it into the next Smash Bros. He would be awesome.

Seconded! I don't see why some people are griping about the price; it's only a dollar more than Mutant Mudds and you get so much more game for your buck. The controls are responsive, the tower defence aspects are pretty balanced (reminds me a little of Locke's Quest) and I'm loving the tense moments when an enemy is just about to enter the gate. My only small gripes are the lack of a timer telling you exactly how much time is loeft on the clock, and the abundance of (short) loading screens. Still, second best eShop title after Pushmo IMO!

3DS friend code: 1547-5554-3373
  • Options
    So I saw they announced a full retail game of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3d which makes me incredibly excited. I LOVE the series and RCT2 is the one game I play frequently on my netbook. So that got me thinking - are there any good sim/management style games out there as DSiWare? I'd love a sim-whatever clone on my 3ds at all times ready for a quick round.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    There's a really great little video on Nintendo Video in the USA right now - Little Boat 3D.

Did6F.jpg

It's got a nice style to it, cute and poignant.

There's one scene where the 3D is reversed by accident, though (the return to the green mountains area), which you can fix by tilting your 3DS slightly right or left during that part. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Thinking I might make tonight the night to replace my 3DS screen protectors...the marks are finally starting to bother me.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Man, I've looked at 4 different videos for Bravery Default, and I've yet to see any real gameplay. Just some cutscene stuff, some AR girl ogling, and a dude walking around places.

It looks kind of like a spiritual sequel to 4 Warriors of Light so I imagine it would be similar to that. I think at the very least turn based is a given.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    All I know is it's supposed to have a job system and battle system like Final Fantasy V.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The new screen protectors had a large blotch on the lower right-hand side of the top screen, like an area of "tint" is missing.

Off they go to Amazon for an exchange, and in the meantime I have a 3DS with a very nasty "old" screen protector. I don't think I can bring myself to play the thing until I get the new protector in. Sigh.

Edit: Looks like I'm two days out of my return window...fantastic. Shooting off an e-mail to amazon now.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    So I just pre-ordered Kid Icarus: Uprising,
    the clerk told me that I could only pick up the 3DS classic on launch day, what the hell? How am I supposed to wait?
    I assume this isn't just me.

• Options
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    So I just pre-ordered Kid Icarus: Uprising,
    the clerk told me that I could only pick up the 3DS classic on launch day, what the hell? How am I supposed to wait?
    I assume this isn't just me.

Pick up. :lol: It's a code. Nintendo just hasn't given them out yet.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    G0DG0D Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hot off the presses. Digital presses that is.

Club Nintendo Rewards Featured Games

Art Style: CUBELLO Wii

Mario's Picross Nintendo 3DS

Radar Mission Nintendo 3DS

100 coins each

Available Until Mar 31

The 3DS titles are GameBoy VC games, and I can't say I know what cubello is, looks puzzley.

G0D on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    About time it had something I was interested in. Picross shall be mine.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Aww, I was hoping they'd have Art Academy 2 this month.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    I'll probably do Picross. I don't have any VC titles on the 3DS except the 3d Xevious so it would be a good one to try out. I loved the DS version and the Picross 3d. I have to pick up Tetris sometime too - I keep forgetting - GB Tetris is my favorite version. I get a bonus from work tomorrow - probably be a good day to grab a few more games actually.

• Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    I hope the Club Nintendo reward of Mario's Picross means that NoA will be releasing Picross e on the eShop at some point in the near future. I have my doubts that NoA would be that forward-thinking, but who knows?

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - MAR. 1, 2012

March 1, 2012

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop
    Crush™3D (demo version) – Over 50 levels of mind stretching puzzles spread across four stunning environments, each recreating a specific aspect of Danny's inner world. This demo is now available on Nintendo eShop. (For Nintendo 3DS™)

Nintendo eShop
    Metroid™ – Packed with high-tech weaponry, creepy tunnels and hideous alien creatures, the first installment in the immensely successful Metroid series introduces us to the slick, cybernetic bounty hunter Samus Aran. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo eShop and Nintendo DSiWare™
    Aahh! Spot The Difference – Demonstrate your powers of observation in this engaging "spot the difference" game. Complete 40 challenging levels in four unique scenarios by spotting the differences between the upper and lower screen. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™)

Also new this week:
    Aya and the Cubes of Light (demo version) (WiiWare™)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit:
    http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/downloadz3FN8s7e.php

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Does this mean an update for the Ambassador Program peep's Metroid as well? It could very well benefit from that!

• Options
    Crap - I need Metroid. I guess I'll give it a try and see how dark the nes games really are. It's a shame when the shady emulators on the DS cartridges look better than the official ones. The same thing happened with the Wii TG16 and NES games - the official ones were dark, hackers had better looking graphics.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Woohoo, Metroid update for me!

Also, cannot wait to try the Crush3D demo. The idea behind the game really intrigues me.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Just to give an update that nobody cares about, Amazon's shipping me a replacement screen protector for arrival on Saturday.

Here's hoping the application goes off without a hitch this time.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    For a second I thought this was a 3D Classics version of Metroid :P Oh well. Personally still not the biggest fan of the original Metroid. Zero Mission was a great remake of it though.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Really interested in trying out the Crush 3D demo.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Can somebody confirm if this means Metroid has a save state feature now?

• Options
    Taya wrote: »
    Can somebody confirm if this means Metroid has a save state feature now?

Yes

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Went to download the Metroid update, noticed there were updates for DKjr and the NES Zelda games as well. Are those new, or did I just fall behind?

Still no Crush demo.

EDIT: I don't know what those updates even did. Metroid update is what I expected. Those other games seem to be the same as before.

Dirty on
  • Options
    All the NES games had updates a week or so ago. Only those released to the unwashed masses (Mario and now Metroid) have save states though.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Dritz wrote: »
    All the NES games had updates a week or so ago. Only those released to the unwashed masses (Mario and now Metroid) have save states though.

They did? Last I checked all I got was an update to Super Mario Bros. But I haven't been online today.

Dig the new icon with a NES in it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Although I never played Crush PSP, I definitely heard about it, and really dug the idea of a plane pressing 3d puzzler. Later I would play Super Paper Mario, and utilize first hand a bit of the plane pressing idea, and I liked it. So today I downloaded the Crush3D Demo, and I can say that I think its a winner. There are only four puzzles on display here, and they're obviously some beginner stages, but they do a good job of introducing the mechanics and forcing you to use your head, even if it's just a teensy-tiny bit. Collecting marbles, not only navigating the level, is the key to victory. You only need half the level's marbles to open the path to the next level, but it seems collecting them all nets you new robes. There are trophies and what I think are comic books to collect in each level as well. I'm not sure what the trophies do, but the comics would seem in the full game to unlock new levels. Good as the puzzles are however, the cutscene on display here is rather lacklustre, all you get is the diorama-in-a-shoebox 3D flat scene an inch 'behind' the screen with the two, rather charming, character's text floating somewhere slightly above it. The actual 3D in the game looked solid through my eyes, no double vision stuff, and a decent feeling of depth. I played through the demo a few times just to see what the hint system was all about, and as easy as the levels were, it was essentially a step-by-step to get through the level, though on more difficult stages I would hope this to be a tad more subtle. But all in all a good demo, if I weren't broke as a joke I'd consider picking up this game.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I know this is kind of late, but I'm really disappointed in Nintendo's decision not to publish The Binding of Isaac on the eShop.
    I wonder if there's enough support to start a movement ala Operation Rainfall for it?

Ov3rcharge on
  • Options
    I know this is kind of late, but I'm really disappointed in Nintendo's decision not to publish The Binding of Isaac on the eShop.
    I wonder if there's enough support to start a movement ala Operation Rainfall for it?

No offense, but petitions rarely do anything. The thing about Operation Rainfall was that the games themselves were already on the Wii it was just for localization/publishing, and there's not even any proof that the movement even had any sway in bringing the games over. Besides, it looks like Team Meat is moving on anyway.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

No offense, but petitions rarely do anything. The thing about Operation Rainfall was that the games themselves were already on the Wii it was just for localization/publishing, and there's not even any proof that the movement even had any sway in bringing the games over. Besides, it looks like Team Meat is moving on anyway.

Hilariously BoI would have been perfect as a handheld game, I guess Nintendo doesn't like money.

• Options
    Eh no big loss for me, I really didn't like that game, seemed ugly and awkward when I played it.

• Options

Nope.

Actually Nintendo saved him a lot of time and money by answering him before he tried to get it ESRB rated (as would be necessary). It's highly likely it'd be rated AO, and all three major platforms have a standing policy not to allow any AO games on their platform.

Then he'd have to edit the game anyway, probably bringing it in line with what Nintendo would've wanted in the first place.

He's approached Sony now but nobody's going to take him up on it.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    It's really not surprising that a game with the themes and imagery used in Binding of Isaac was rejected by Nintendo. Ninty may be more open to mature games than it used to be, but the company is still pretty conservative as these things go. Not to mention that turning down a third-party game for e-shop publication (which probably happens to a lot of games--the Team Meat guys just like to talk about stuff like that) is a different issue from refusing to bring over a first/second party game that's already been translated into English.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It's really not surprising that a game with the themes and imagery used in Binding of Isaac was rejected by Nintendo. Ninty may be more open to mature games than it used to be, but the company is still pretty conservative as these things go. Not to mention that turning down a third-party game for e-shop publication (which probably happens to a lot of games--the Team Meat guys just like to talk about stuff like that) is a different issue from refusing to bring over a first/second party game that's already been translated into English.

Nintendo is no worse than any other company these days. Sony is actually probably more restrictive.

Remember that crappy game BMXXX? Censored by Sony in the US, not censored by Nintendo. And they're happy to have games like No More Heroes and MadWorld even on their family friendliest platform.

And remember Sony's Little Big Planet, delayed to remove Islamic chants.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    It just wouldn't have been worth the potential PR nightmare that could happen. I can see it already: Fox News reporting that NINTENDO PROMOTES BLASPHEMY or some other tripe like that.

This discussion has been closed.