As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    So... Cave Story or Cave Story 3D? Which is superior?

I kinda need to know this too.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    So... Cave Story or Cave Story 3D? Which is superior?

I kinda need to know this too.

I don't know which is superior, as I've only played the eShop version. But this: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/7v8XhypWihjvc3KetCABGOskZ5qW6WO0

and the sample 3D screenshots on the eShop were enough to convince me.

I'm playing through it a second time right away, which I NEVER do. Turns out I missed the Bubbline the first time! This gun is awesome!

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Make sure you save Curly.

Actually, that's a good question, can you still get Curly's Underwear, or did Nintendo axe that?

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    I can't seem to find decent gameplay video of Liberation Maiden or Crimson Shroud. Grrr.

Here's some footage of Liberation Maiden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMOPIL2j9eE

Jump to a few minutes in.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Awesome! Thanks, @RainbowDespair.

Yeah @Houn, that's part of why I'm playing it again. To rescue Curly, and get the Spur.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    So, Liberation Maiden is sorta like Kid Icarus without the shitty ground sections? I can get behind that.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    When I heard Liberation Maiden was a shmup, I figured it would be a typical scrolling shooter, and dismissed it (never been a fan of that style of game). But now that I see what it's really like, I'm very interested.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    That Liberation Maiden video was awesome. Day one download....of course, knowing what day would be nice. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    ‘Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion’ coming to Nintendo 3DS eShop

This is at launch.
    On Wednesday morning, Disney Interactive announced that Disney’s “Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion” for the Nintendo 3DS will be available for digital download off the Nintendo 3DS eShop when it releases on November 18 – it’ll also be available in stores.

“Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion” will be the first third-party retail game available for download.

During E3 2012, a number of third-party Nintendo 3DS games, “Castlevania: Lord of Shadow – Mirror of Fate”, “Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream, Drop, Distance”, and “Scribblenauts Unlimited”, appeared on a presentation slide which detailed eShop retail downloads.

Of the titles listed, only “Epic Mickey” has an announced eShop release.

Starting on October 18, however, Nintendo will offer additional retail 3DS games on the eShop. Joining “New Super Mario Bros. 2”, “Art Academy” and “Crosswords Plus” will be “Super Mario 3D Land”, “The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D”, “Mario Kart 7”, and “Starfox 64 3D” – each title will be priced at $39.99. Future Nintendo-published titles are also planned to be released on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

“Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion” will be released on November 18, exclusively for Nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    http://nintendo3dsblog.com/revealed-the-download-size-of-first-party-retail-titles-on-the-eshop/
    For those planning to download the major, first-party titles via the eShop when they become available, here’s a list of the download sizes you’ll have to take into consideration:

Animal Crossing: Jump Out – 8,192 blocks (1 GB)
    Mario Tennis Open – 4,096 blocks (512 MB)
    Mario & Sonic at the London Olympics – 4,096 blocks (512 MB)
    Mairo Kart 7 – 8,192 blocks (1 GB)
    Super Mario 3D Land – 4,096 blocks (512 MB)
    Star Fox 64 3D – 5,120 blocks (640 MB)
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 4,096 blocks (512 MB)
    Pilotwings Resort – 1,024 blocks (128 MB)

Just keep in mind, these listings were pulled from the Japanese website, so it’s not a suggestion that Animal Crossing is coming out this year. You’ll still have to wait next year for that one.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Well, that settles it. I'll be needing a bigger SD card before Animal Crossing comes out.

Have they said anything about Harvest Moon being on the eShop?

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I've already swapped my 2GB for an 8GB Class 6. Once prices of 32GB Class 6 or better go on sale, I'll probably pick up one of those as well.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Got a 32GB class 10, won't have to worry about space for a long while.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    New releases for this week:

Nintendo eShop
    Mario Golf™ (4.99) – The stakes are high in the race to become the Grand Champion of golf. Four Club Champs stand in your way, and you'll have to defeat them all to get a shot at playing the most famous golfer in the land. (For Nintendo 3DS)

LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ (demo version) – Embark on a heroic quest to destroy the One Ring and relive the epic events of The Lord of the Rings motion picture trilogy, all with the humor and excitement of LEGO play. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo eShop + Nintendo DSiWare
    Robot Rescue 2 (1.99/200 Points) – Your mission is to navigate a cadre of codependent robots through an evil computer labyrinth that's brimming with deadly traps. At certain points you'll need to repaint your robots by stepping on a special tile in order to change their color. (Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi)

Also new this week:
    Crazy Kangaroo (Nintendo eShop - 3.99)
    Nurikabe by Nikoli (Nintendo eShop - 4.99)

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    After playing the demo, I can say I really don't like Lego Lord of the Rings.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    All I hear about it is that it has a beautiful ring animation in there somewhere.

Also Mario Golf GBC is a great game and a herald for an amazing game; Mario Tennis GBC.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

I love the series in general and would probably love this game as well, but there's no way I'm ever getting a handheld version. They cut way too much out.

• Options
    Yeah, it seems like LEGO handheld versions are never very good.

I unexpectedly received Pokemon White 2 last night. Has anyone played the Dream Radar eShop game? Is it worth spending money to capture more Pokemon?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Wow. I need to pick up Liberation Maiden.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Download the Lego demo just for the Ring loading screen.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I unexpectedly received Pokemon White 2 last night. Has anyone played the Dream Radar eShop game? Is it worth spending money to capture more Pokemon?

That depends on if you want Pokemon with dream world (hidden) abilities or not. It also has alternate forms for the genie Pokemon. If you don't care about that, then save your $3. Personally, I bought it.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »

That depends on if you want Pokemon with dream world (hidden) abilities or not. It also has alternate forms for the genie Pokemon. If you don't care about that, then save your $3. Personally, I bought it.
    Not only that, when you turn your genies to their original forms, they will have their DW ability.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    so i have the 4gb card taht game with my 3DS XL, which is great but if i start buying retail eshop i'll obviously have to replace it
    SO
    how does that work, can you redownload stuff? Does nintendo finally get this whole online thing now?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    so i have the 4gb card taht game with my 3DS XL, which is great but if i start buying retail eshop i'll obviously have to replace it
    SO
    how does that work, can you redownload stuff? Does nintendo finally get this whole online thing now?

Yeah, you can redownload everything, but you really want to copy it over if you can.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    agoaj wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    SO

Yeah, you can redownload everything, but you really want to copy it over if you can.

Yeah, it stores all your swapnotes, progress in Mii Plaza (puzzles/Find Mii), saves, etc for downloaded games. It's simple though, just copy it to a computer and copy it back to a new card.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options

When I first heard about it, I only heard "new LEGO demo on 3DS". I forgot Lego LOTR was even a thing and assumed it was for LEGO City. Talk about disappointment.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »

When I first heard about it, I only heard "new LEGO demo on 3DS". I forgot Lego LOTR was even a thing and assumed it was for LEGO City. Talk about disappointment.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that. Looks like the best use of the Lego license in years.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Any opinions on Mario Golf? I know the GB Mario Tennis is highly regarded, is this similar?

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I've heard it is; I'm looking to pick it up, that's for sure.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that. Looks like the best use of the Lego license in years.

So will Lego City 3DS actually have a city? Batman 2 3DS didn't, which would have been a major letdown if I hadn't had the sense to get the full version anyway.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

So will Lego City 3DS actually have a city? Batman 2 3DS didn't, which would have been a major letdown if I hadn't had the sense to get the full version anyway.

We've only seen footage of the Wii U version, so who knows. I would hope so though.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Just FYI, Liberation Maiden only has like 5 levels.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jothki wrote: »

We've only seen footage of the Wii U version, so who knows. I would hope so though.

Honestly, the open world stuff in LBM2 felt like an afterthought. The real meat of the game was the linear levels that were separate from it. Since the whole point of city is the open world, dropping it would be no simple task. Also, the 3DS version of LBM2 was the same as the DS version. City on 3DS doesn't have the DS holding it back.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 7 and Starfox 64 3D all available as digital downloads starting today for $39.99 each (ugh). Also, motherfucking NES Gradius on the eShop for $4.99. First ever NES game I ever played....definitely downloading that today.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Also, Ghosts 'n Goblins NES is coming next week to eShop.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Are they giving any incentive to buying digitally? I remember reading somewhere that Japan got double club N points and a copy of donkey kong

edit: a little googling makes me think that was for NSMB2 only. Not sure if I'm willing to take the fully digital leap with Nintendo just yet

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    RE: 3DS digital downloads, I am saving it more for multiplayer games that I will want to play on a frequent basis. Animal Crossing, Pokemon, etc. That way it saves up my physical slot for my single player flavor of the season. I understand peoples hesitation and I don't think there are proper incentives to make the full leap, but I do think that there are upsides to it and I am really happy that they are offering it.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    RE: 3DS digital downloads, I am saving it more for multiplayer games that I will want to play on a frequent basis. Animal Crossing, Pokemon, etc. That way it saves up my physical slot for my single player flavor of the season. I understand peoples hesitation and I don't think there are proper incentives to make the full leap, but I do think that there are upsides to it and I am really happy that they are offering it.

Yes, this exactly.

Simply having them available digitally is a great thing, even if I'm not going to take much advantage of it at the moment. It opens the door for sales and incentives later on.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I HATE not having physical copies, especially since companies are never willing to make it appealing from a customer standpoint, steam withstanding, but having built in AC is too awesome to pass up.

This discussion has been closed.