As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    b1rdman wrote: »
    This is one of the many reasons I love Sonys online agendas better than Nintendo. The account system and PS+ are literally perfect at this point. At least for my needs. I don't feel like I'm wasting money and I feel more entitled to my games than iTunes purchases. Nintendo still makes me think twice before digitally purchasing a game no matter how much I want it.

Hopefully, the NNID system will make the transition easier going forward. But we won't know for sure for a couple of years.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • ShatterShockShatterShock Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I took the plunge on 3D Super Hang-On, as that's not a game that you see ported very often (The last time I played it was in...Shenmue?), and I like how customizable the game is. You can map the gas, brake and turbo to any of the face and shoulder buttons, the screen size is adjustable (with two cabinets), you can control the bike with the D-pad, circle pad or gyros and of course, you can turn on and off the 3D. If they put this game on sale, it should be a no-brainer for fans of retro racing games. Here's hoping for 3D OutRun!

ShatterShock on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Sigh Shenmue
    A rather fun game where I wasted a lot of time playing that gashapon {I do not know the English word for it gumball machine toys I think?} for a forklift one

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Weird that a lot of content in Mario DX will be unobtainable/unusable, unless they unlock it automatically or provide an alternate way of seeing it.

Some awards are only unlocked by playing multiplayer with someone else or using the IR link on the GBC. A lot of awards are printouts for use on the Game Boy Printer. I hope they put in a virtual printer or something!

Instead of VC, they should adapt it into a regular eShop title and allow you to use the printouts as Miiverse content, similar to stamps.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Looks like the eShop and all other Nintendo online services are working again.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Yay. Mario 3 for me. :D

• HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Looks like the eShop and all other Nintendo online services are working again.

Updated pokemon X first thing this morning! Now i can trade and stuff! Yay!

kx3klFE.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    We sincerely apologize for the connection problems in the Nintendo eShop. We understand this is taking longer than expected, but we can assure you that providing a solution is our top priority. We are determined to make sure everyone can enjoy all that Wii U and Nintendo 3DS have to offer. In an effort to manage the high volume of traffic and ultimately improve your experience, we are temporarily taking the Nintendo eShop services offline between the hours of 4 p.m. - 4 a.m. ET. Thank you so much for your continued patience. We will keep you updated.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    yay the eshop finally works again. Now to spend like 150 dollars on games since best buy is selling points cards on sale and that's as good as I'm going to get on nintendo's games.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I hope the maintenance means we get Pokébank soon. I don't want to have to keep playing Pokémon Showdown in order to use old pokés.

RockinX on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    I hope the maintenance means we get Pokébank soon. I don't want to play on Pokémon Showdown in order to use old pokés.

Yea, i'm waiting on pokebank before i get back into Y again. been taking a break for other games but the bank will do bad things to my free time once again.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Yay! Got a WiiU for Christmas "for the kids" and haven't been able to attempt a Wii transfer due to the eshop being down. I'm just glad I got it updated and set up Christmas Eve before it went down. I hope this doesn't lead to families returning consoles because they think they are broken.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Yay! Got a WiiU for Christmas "for the kids" and haven't been able to attempt a Wii transfer due to the eshop being down. I'm just glad I got it updated and set up Christmas Eve before it went down. I hope this doesn't lead to families returning consoles because they think they are broken.

It definitely would have been nice if Nintendo could have at least found a way to have you get a "Sorry, eShop is down due to high volume" instead of Error Code 88483 (or whatever number it was). I think people would have been much more understanding.

I wonder how the Wii U did this holiday season actually...

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Eshop still not working here. Just tried to connect to get the transfer software. :-(
    Ugh, one day is understandable Nintendo, two is acceptable due to Christmas, three is getting a bit ridiculous.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Going to be down between 4pm and 4am Eastern. Apparently still haven't "found a solution", which is a little ominous.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I ended up getting my dad a 2DS for xmas and he loves it. So far loaded it with Tetris original and some Pinball games. Any other suggestions for a guy who likes simple games like the aforementioned?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »
      I ended up getting my dad a 2DS for xmas and he loves it. So far loaded it with Tetris original and some Pinball games. Any other suggestions for a guy who likes simple games like the aforementioned?

Just buy him every Game Boy and NES VC game :)

Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
      haha pretty much. He used to play Jaws from NES all the time when we had that when I was a teen.

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
        edited December 2013
        Mario Picross.

Hell if you're in North America you can register his stuff on a CN account and get him that game for free.

Xenogears of Bore on
        3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
        edited December 2013

Which pinball games? There are a lot of good ones out there.

Zen Pinball 3D, Marvel Pinball 3D, and Star Wars Pinball (all by Zen Studios) each give you four tables (SW only three) and online scoring.
        Kibry's Pinball Land and Revenge of the Gator are great Game Boy VC offerings from HAL.
        Challenge of the Ancients is DSiWare and an interesting table.

Also you can probably find Pinball Hall of Fame used at Gamestop or wherever. It's not as robust as the console versions (only seven tables IIRC) but some of the best tables ever made. Not sure how the "hold the 3DS upside down" thing would work with a 2DS (I'm thinking "not at all") but I believe it can be played in the normal orientation as well.

Vyolynce on
        nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
        AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
        I'd be careful with the Pinball games on a 2DS. I find Zen Pinball's offerings to be kinda confusing with 3D turned off.

FU7kFbw.png
        I'd be careful with the Pinball games on a 2DS. I find Zen Pinball's offerings to be kinda confusing with 3D turned off.

I could see that. Their tables tend to be pretty busy.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
        Still, there's a demo, so try before you buy, of course.

FU7kFbw.png

This is basically why I opted for the Wii U version of Zen Pinball.

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
        Fuck me, Ducktales is on sale for $7.49. Way to reopen that wound Capcom.

FU7kFbw.png
        Vyolynce wrote: »

Which pinball games? There are a lot of good ones out there.

Zen Pinball 3D, Marvel Pinball 3D, and Star Wars Pinball (all by Zen Studios) each give you four tables (SW only three) and online scoring.
        Kibry's Pinball Land and Revenge of the Gator are great Game Boy VC offerings from HAL.
        Challenge of the Ancients is DSiWare and an interesting table.

Also you can probably find Pinball Hall of Fame used at Gamestop or wherever. It's not as robust as the console versions (only seven tables IIRC) but some of the best tables ever made. Not sure how the "hold the 3DS upside down" thing would work with a 2DS (I'm thinking "not at all") but I believe it can be played in the normal orientation as well.

I gave him Zen Pinball 3D (I was worried about the 3D from the description but he's enjoying it) and Metroid Pinball from my collection since I don't play it anymore. Ooooh Star Wars Pinball. Forgot about that.

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
          So did Mario 3 hit the eshop before the eshopocalypse occurred? I has Christmas money to spend!

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
          edited December 2013
          So did Mario 3 hit the eshop before the eshopocalypse occurred? I has Christmas money to spend!

I don't see it on any of the US eShops which sucks.

Anyone have the list of what was released this week? I haven't seen a 3DS list yet, though I noticed Steamworld Dig is on sale and grabbed that sucker before I forget again (I missed it last sale because I have terrible memory :P). And I think they released GBC Mario Tennis on 3DS VC. That's all I noticed browsing the shop tho.

Speaking of eShop - saw this mentioned elsewhere and figured I'd pass it along. Best Buy has all eShop money cards on sale for 20% off ending tomorrow (12/28), plus a deal where if you spend over $100 you get a $15 gift card. I stopped by today and grabbed 2 $50 cards and a $35 card for $108 - $15 gift card. So essentially $135 worth of eShop bucks for $93. Not too shabby. With the shared shops and the fact that I'm buying more full games digital now anyways, it's money I would have eventually spent at some point anyways. So a good deal.

Warlock82 on
          Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
        • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
          Hmm. A couple days ago I got in on the deal, bought two $50 cards for $80, along with some other items that pushed me over $100, and I got no gift card.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
        • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
          Hmm. A couple days ago I got in on the deal, bought two $50 cards for $80, along with some other items that pushed me over $100, and I got no gift card.

I dunno, I specifically asked the guy at the register and he gave me the gift card. Maybe they forgot?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
          http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_US/index.html

allc.png

So apparently everything should be back to normal.

Nintendo Console Codes
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA
          Still going down at 4pm Eastern tonight according to NOA twitter. Progress, but not yet finished.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
        • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
          Apparently TVii got updated with new sports-related stuff (sounds like fantasy football type things) and the ability to scribble on the screen or something.

I thought it was going down 4pm yesterday. Gah.

FU7kFbw.png
        • Raziel_pmRaziel_pm Registered User regular
          Warlock82 wrote: »

I dunno, I specifically asked the guy at the register and he gave me the gift card. Maybe they forgot?

The register guy must not have been paying attention to his screen. I did the whole $145 for $101 yesterday and purposely asked the guy if it got me the gift-card on the first transaction. The screen didn't tell him until after the first transaction for the $100 was complete.

Your sig was too large. Maximum sig size is 500x80. - Jacobkosh.
          I thought it was going down 4pm yesterday. Gah.

It was/did.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
          And now it's down until tomorrow :(

Nintendo Console Codes
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA
        • DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
          Monster Hunter still works, and really isn't that all that matters?

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
        • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
          Dritz wrote: »
          Monster Hunter still works, and really isn't that all that matters?

eshop only. Would suck it MH was on sale.

Definitely buying the 3DS version digitally next time it goes to 20 or lower. It's hilarious; I was kicking myself for getting Tri Ultimate for 30 on the eshop the same day I bought WW:HD knowing that I'd probably hate it and not play it like the previous three or four MH games I bought. But then playing with a friend who is also an incredible noob at it it suddenly clicked about a month ago and now I'm obsessed.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
        • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
          skeldare wrote: »
          And now it's down until tomorrow :(

Are you sure? My wife said she was just on Miiverse.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
          Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
        This discussion has been closed.