As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]lands 2: 96.5% more [chat][chat]

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    mrflippy wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Maybe I should just throw all this stuff in a table and have it work instead of dicking around with CSS.

Don't you dare, Don't do it goddamn it.

Tables are lazy, and shitty.

CSS is frustrating. Why should I have to spend hours and hours trying to get something aligned in the center of a container?

What are you trying to align in the center? Text? Image? Another container?

Have you considered doing auto margins, text-aligns, or even direct relative positioning if it doesn't expand based on window resolution?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    if i see this fucking ron paul video that starts with the WTC going down one more fucking time I am going to flip.
    Ron Paul and his supporters are such fucking jokes.

But I guess it's going to see that the crazy conspiracy theorists/horrible racists have found someone to rally around.

I just don't get the amount of stupid required to think that he's a legitimate candidate.

The worst thing is that a lot of people who generally think intelligently support him hands down.

with Ron Paul it's really easy to get an incomplete picture of him

for example, libertarian neckbeards love him because he (ostensibly) is a libertarian like them!

they might not realize, for example, that he's racist or kind of insane beyond just being libertarian

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Lived for a few years without a dishwasher. Fucking hated that. Also no dryer for my clothes. Air drying clothes in a humid climate is balls.

Yeah. Apparently the dorkbutts at home depot never installed the dryer vent tube properly and it hand been venting into the basement without my knowledge. Fixed that this weekend too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Axton is so fucking handsome doggs

I am in love <3

he took a black man's job you racist monster

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    if i see this fucking ron paul video that starts with the WTC going down one more fucking time I am going to flip.
    Ron Paul and his supporters are such fucking jokes.

But I guess it's going to see that the crazy conspiracy theorists/horrible racists have found someone to rally around.
    I just don't get the amount of stupid required to think that he's a legitimate candidate.

The worst thing is that a lot of people who generally think intelligently support him hands down.
    That's because a lot of people think he's a Libertarian, when in reality he's just a right-wing Republican who incidentally happens to support drug legalization and cutting the military.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    There is literally no room in my kitchen for a mechanical dishwasher. :(

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

try fitting a magical one then?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    bowen wrote:
    Lived for a few years without a dishwasher. Fucking hated that. Also no dryer for my clothes. Air drying clothes in a humid climate is balls.

Yeah. Apparently the dorkbutts at home depot never installed the dryer vent tube properly and it hand been venting into the basement without my knowledge. Fixed that this weekend too.

We actually just had to replace our washing machine here. So the machines themselves are designed for really short dwarves. This way they can sell you a stand for 200 dollars. A fucking stand which is a nicely coloured piece of metal to place your washing machine on so the door is at a human level not at your fucking knees.

Yeah we didn't buy it, but still how is that for a racket?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    r-r-r-repost
    Im going to start playing Chrono Cross [chat] edition

The cast is here and every character is available. Im not going to promise to recruit them all as you have to play through the game 3 times to do so. Alas I will make an effort to get as many as possible and use them during at least 1 boss fight

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/cc/characters.shtml

Quote this and post the name of who you want. Im going to keep this up for a couple days before I start the game so no one misses out.

As Inquisitor has chosen Pierre, Nikki and Guile will not be used this play-through so I don't suggest you choose them.

The chosen are below
    21st                 Glenn
    Spool32              Norris
    Elendil              Greco
    Robos a go go        Starky
    Nerdgasmic           Funguy
    Inquisitor           Pierre
    Eddy                 Karsh
    Gooey                Turnip
    Zampanov             Fargo
    Ludious              Orcha

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    r-r-r-repost

The cast is here and every character is available. Im not going to promise to recruit them all as you have to play through the game 3 times to do so. Alas I will make an effort to get as many as possible and use them during at least 1 boss fight

Quote this and post the name of who you want. Im going to keep this up for a couple days before I start the game so no one misses out.

As Inquisitor has chosen Pierre, Nikki and Guile will not be used this play-through so I don't suggest you choose them.

The chosen are below

dibs on Fargo!

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Axton is so fucking handsome doggs

I am in love <3

he took a black man's job you racist monster

:(

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    r-r-r-repost

The chosen are below

I called Orcha a day ago you monster

• Options
    bowen wrote:

We actually just had to replace our washing machine here. So the machines themselves are designed for really short dwarves. This way they can sell you a stand for 200 dollars. A fucking stand which is a nicely coloured piece of metal to place your washing machine on so the door is at a human level not at your fucking knees.

That's why I got a top loader.

But I feel your pain with the dryer.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Maybe I should just throw all this stuff in a table and have it work instead of dicking around with CSS.

CSS is frustrating. Why should I have to spend hours and hours trying to get something aligned in the center of a container?

Have you considered doing auto margins, text-aligns, or even direct relative positioning if it doesn't expand based on window resolution?

I'm trying to get divs centered vertically inside of another div. I think I just need to take a break and come back and look at it later.

• Options
    Kalkino wrote: »

try fitting a magical one then?

Or get a portable one, assuming your drains aren't super old.

• Options
    bowen wrote:
    bowen wrote:

That's why I got a top loader.

But I feel your pain with the dryer.

Parents house and the laundry room kind of sucks for top loaders. I kind of want my top loader back. I had one in Japan that was just awesome. Lack of dryer still sucked. Of course I bet if I ran the microwave and a dryer at the same time it would of shorted out my electricity.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    The slashdot comments about the requirement in France for all cars to carry a breathalyser are just incredible.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Things you only hear in Starcraft: "Where the hell did I put that tumor?"

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I'm trying to get divs centered vertically inside of another div. I think I just need to take a break and come back and look at it later.

Okay, this is not so terrible, but the important question is...

is this in a fixed position, or are your margins relative to the size of the browser window? Cause if you are making a fixed 960px wide page layout (or something like that), and the placement of this div is going to be uniform, really look at using margins around your object to simulate centering.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    japan wrote: »
    The slashdot comments about the requirement in France for all cars to carry a breathalyser are just incredible.

yikes, are the drunk driving rates really that bad there?

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Echo wrote:
    Things you only hear in Starcraft: "Where the hell did I put that tumor?"

Either that or a pathology lab.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    france is crazy

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I AM A TURNIP
    I AM A TURNIP
    I AM A TURNIP
    LOOK AT ME MOVE

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    gg6yd.jpg
    Afghanistan blaming is now apparently a thing. Got to blame an entire country for the deaths of US soldiers. Said deaths mean we should never apologize for anything ever.

• Options
    Zampanov wrote:

Well when you consider wine a water substitute....

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular

At all.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    come on Echo, think of the scientists you're offending

you racist monster

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    i was reading a thing earlier today

Santorum's like "Obama shouldn't have apologized for the quran burnings. Presidents shouldn't apologize for things. He should've just said it was a mistake and moved on"

jesus christ

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

Contributory factor in 27% of accidents, apparently.

The thing is, you need a fairly extensive kit of stuff in the car to drive in France anyway, stuff like hi-viz vests, an emergency triangle, fire extinguisher, etc.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Pony wrote: »

Santorum's like "Obama shouldn't have apologized for the quran burnings. Presidents shouldn't apologize for things. He should've just said it was a mistake and moved on"

jesus christ
    I'm curious as to the difference between saying something was a mistake, and apologizing for it...?

Also, I really just want to give this cat a hug. That is pretty adorable.

Thanatos on
  • Options

The thing is, you need a fairly extensive kit of stuff in the car to drive in France anyway, stuff like hi-viz vests, an emergency triangle, fire extinguisher, etc.

If the kit comes with the car, and replacement kits with all the stuff in them are an easily purchasable commodity, this is a good idea.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Pony wrote:

jesus christ

Pony have you heard Santorum's quote about Obama wanting to remake "your children in his image" based on Obama stating that if a child wants to go to college who should be able to go. Basically Santorum ends up saying you kids shouldn't go to college because then they will become like Obama.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Tymoshenko? Really?

• Options
    than i'm not going to do this, okay

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

jesus christ

apologize but be a dick about it

• Options

hahahaha what

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Pony wrote:

jesus christ

Pony have you heard Santorum's quote about Obama wanting to remake "your children in his image" based on Obama stating that if a child wants to go to college who should be able to go. Basically Santorum ends up saying you kids shouldn't go to college because then they will become like Obama.
    And that parents should be able to make their kids in their own image. Because adult progeny aren't people, apparently.

This discussion has been closed.