As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]lands 2: 96.5% more [chat][chat]

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Pony wrote:
    i was reading a thing earlier today

Santorum's like "Obama shouldn't have apologized for the quran burnings. Presidents shouldn't apologize for things. He should've just said it was a mistake and moved on"

jesus christ

Pony have you heard Santorum's quote about Obama wanting to remake "your children in his image" based on Obama stating that if a child wants to go to college who should be able to go. Basically Santorum ends up saying you kids shouldn't go to college because then they will become like Obama.

yeah holy shit

Santorum is like a parody of Republicans

he's like a distorted strawman that you'd see the Huffington Post present or something

except he's a real person and those are his actual statements

mind-blowing

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    No wait, I was thinking of Lukashenko. That would have been a big dubya tee eff.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    The secretive committee doesn’t reveal who has been nominated, but those with nomination rights sometimes announce their picks.

I didn't know the trollface guy had "nomination rights".

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    i was reading a thing earlier today

Santorum's like "Obama shouldn't have apologized for the quran burnings. Presidents shouldn't apologize for things. He should've just said it was a mistake and moved on"

jesus christ

Pony have you heard Santorum's quote about Obama wanting to remake "your children in his image" based on Obama stating that if a child wants to go to college who should be able to go. Basically Santorum ends up saying you kids shouldn't go to college because then they will become like Obama.

yeah holy shit

Santorum is like a parody of Republicans

he's like a distorted strawman that you'd see the Huffington Post present or something

except he's a real person and those are his actual statements

mind-blowing

I just get hours of laughing at him at the moment. But I hear that I am just like, "Why wouldn't I want my child to be a Harvard educated lawyer who helped people and eventually became president of the United States? Jesus wouldn't that be horrible. Him/Her being all successful."

u7stthr17eud.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    My morbid curiosity wants to see Santorum as president.

Preferrably in an alternate universe, though. I'd prefer to keep living in this one.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    The slashdot comments about the requirement in France for all cars to carry a breathalyser are just incredible.

yikes, are the drunk driving rates really that bad there?

Contributory factor in 27% of accidents, apparently.

The thing is, you need a fairly extensive kit of stuff in the car to drive in France anyway, stuff like hi-viz vests, an emergency triangle, fire extinguisher, etc.

If the kit comes with the car, and replacement kits with all the stuff in them are an easily purchasable commodity, this is a good idea.

It's amazing the frothing outrage this is generating in comments and such.

The line of thinking is basically: there are a lot of drunk-driving accidents, most people who drive drunk were not (or claimed not to be) aware how drunk they were. So, everyone has to have a thing that costs a trivial amount of money in their car which will enable them to check.

What's especially funny is that there are folk on slashdot who have leapt to the conclusion that they are mandating some kind of ignition lock that won't allow the car to be driven unless you pass a breathalyser test first, or they are making calculations of the annual costs of these devices based on the idea that you have to use a disposable breathalyser every time you drive.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    You know what would be really mind blowing?

If all these zany quotes and ridiculous statements ended up somehow all being fabrications, despite all evidence to the contrary. If there really was a vast left wing conspiracy dedicated to demonizing the right with outright lies.

That would blow my mind.

Psn:wazukki
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    than i'm not going to do this, okay
    o_O

Not going to do what...? I was under the impression that I was agreeing with you...?

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    axton does handsome face like superman

hes all liek mwah

obF2Wuw.png
    wazilla wrote:
    You know what would be really mind blowing?

If all these zany quotes and ridiculous statements ended up somehow all being fabrications, despite all evidence to the contrary. If there really was a vast left wing conspiracy dedicated to demonizing the right with outright lies.

That would blow my mind.

Too much organization. The Left would fuck it up some how before it got this far.

u7stthr17eud.png
    like the fact that Santorum is a real person and those are some of his real statements just

i don't know man

i feel like eddie valiant accidentally waking up in toontown

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    If Santorum gets the nomination then he's going to Beyonce the election.

(To the left, to the left)

Pony wrote:
    like the fact that Santorum is a real person and those are some of his real statements just

i don't know man

Pony remember electing Obama allowed these people to gain political power in the states.

Tea+Party.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Gonna LOL pretty hard at the government's response if Manning gets the Nobel Prize.

In fact, I might have to just go ahead and compile a bunch of quotes from when Hillary Clinton et al were talking shit to China about Liu Xiaobo.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm so excited for BL2, and really disappointed that it isn't releasing before the summer

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular

i don't know man

he probably doesn't sincerely mean half of it, he's just really bad at being a populist

Nerdgasmic wrote: »

i don't know man

he probably doesn't sincerely mean half of it, he's just really bad at being a populist

then i'm mystified at the incompetence of his handlers and speech writers!

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    guys what should I eat

there's balogna there's bread there's toast spreadings there's waffles there's fruit and cheese

hmm

i guess i could grab fast food but i had pizza last night so i probably should eat something good

• japanjapan Registered User regular

The thing about a place like hooters serving food is that as long as they get people drunk enough chances are they won't suspect food poisoning when they get the vomiting and the cold shakes.

Pony wrote:

i don't know man

I would like you to meet Mitt Romney whose handlers believe he will sound more middle class if talks about being friends with NASCAR team owners. Because god damn it we all own a NASCAR team.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

That's halfway clever, lud.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    guys what should I eat

there's balogna there's bread there's toast spreadings there's waffles there's fruit and cheese

hmm

i guess i could grab fast food but i had pizza last night so i probably should eat something good

fruit and cheese

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    Also who the fuck eats the food at Hooters anyway?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Santorum isn't moving anywhere in the General. The dude is sincere.

Romney would go back to the center.

Santorum is right at home in crazy town.

Psn:wazukki
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

That's halfway clever, lud.

so I've improved 50%!

Take that, detractors!

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Jesus Christ...

I hope the person that posted this ad dies in a fire.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/wri/2864297147.html

"Pay is $200 for a 20,000 word story that we completely own at the end of the project, and will be ghost written and published under a pseudonym..."

edit: also...

"-Stories WILL NOT have a vampire genre."

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    hilariously enough there's a case of a dude who realized he could convert his semi-auto rifle to full auto by adding a single wire

the wire itself under law had to be classified as an automatic weapon, since the law as written at the time declared the component that made a gun an automatic weapon to be the subject of legal scrutiny not the gun itself

It was a shoelace. And the ATF has since removed the shoelace from the NFA list. Because they realized it was dumb.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I worked at a Pizza Hut once upon a time where I opened a box of green peppers to see that they were rotting, with lots of soft spots and filled with a weird milky white fluid that was thicker than water, but not pasty.

I told the manager we didn't have any green peppers. She looked at them, told me to cut around the soft spots, was out the fluid, and chop 'em up.

I started doing that for all of 10-15 seconds before throwing them all away and telling her no.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    being on the rag fuckin' sucks

Pony wrote:

i don't know man

I would like you to meet Mitt Romney whose handlers believe he will sound more middle class if talks about being friends with NASCAR team owners. Because god damn it we all own a NASCAR team.

Mitt's not even really trying to appeal to middle class americans, it's a smoke-screen

he knows where his money comes from

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

I dunno how much he'll be able to do given his inherent stubbornness and the laughability of any attempt he would make. "Contraception is an individual right which I disapprove of but which the state should permit! Ignore the five speeches I made railing against it six months ago!"

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Reactionary demagogues are just another sign of progress

As long as they don't win we'll be better for all of this

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    cass invest now in a penis

alternative reproduction systems are the way forwards

obF2Wuw.png
    Eddy wrote: »
    Reactionary demagogues are just another sign of progress

As long as they don't win we'll be better for all of this

You won't be saying that when Holy Roman Emperor Xerxes Santorum is anointed president for life

Also who the fuck eats the food at Hooters anyway?

who even goes to hooters

i am continually surprised that they still have a customer base of people who kiiiinda wanna see some titties but won't go to a strip club

cass invest now in a penis

alternative reproduction systems are the way forwards

if i had a penis I would make ladies eat things off of it

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I dnt know what Hooters you worked at, but I can honestly say I did not like the job but it was one of the cleanest kitchens ive worked in... and there was no mexicans.... maybe that's the difference, but either way, that instance is gross and that Manager needs to be fired lol I would have told corporate this, not some dumb website.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Progress:
    2k1no.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    donuts

you can get several on a wang very useful for storage when travelling

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.