Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[FTL] Faster Than Light - Advanced Edition and iPad Version coming 2014!

196979899100102»

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    watched the video for captains edition and the first fight has a ship firing multiple mini-rockets at you. :neutral_face:

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663 if anyone is interested. motherfucking battlestations. BATTLESTATIONS.

Deaderinred on
  • fedaykin666fedaykin666 Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's definitely harder. The main strategic change I would suggest is that the defence drone is far less absolute protection- missile barrages, cloaked missiles and cloaked mines go straight through a level 1 defence. The mini-rocket drones look scary but only do crew and system damage + breaches (0 hull damage), so not necessarily a major disaster.

My ship best screen for the kestrel had a vanilla victory at a score of 3900 or so and a CE sector 8 loss at over 5000.

Still, when you encounter some such nasty combo, the golden rule of suggesting to Chewie that he should punch it works as well as it ever did.

steam_sig.png
    Elvenshae
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I don't think I have ever escaped a fight. I either fly through the debris left by their destroyed ship, part ways amicably or die.

PSN: Fawst0083
    DeaderinredcB557
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried a full pacifism run?
    I got the achievement for getting to sector 5 without fighting, but I'm sure you could make it all the way to the boss without killing anyone. Beating the boss would be another matter.
    (My definition for a pacifist run; you can shoot all you like, but no killing anyone besides the final boss (including destroying a manned ship))

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    fedaykin666
  • fedaykin666fedaykin666 Registered User regular
    I have seen a no upgrade run with mantis B. http://www.twitch.tv/darktwinge/c/3424448 That guy's final duel with the boss with the initial Mantis B systems is awesome.

I've never tried a pacifism run, but if you're allowed to accept surrenders and destroy automated enemies, that seems doable. If you're not allowed to shoot period, it would be more of a crazy challenge. Maybe something for DarkTwinge XD

In other news, I just arrived in CE final sector with a pretty strong Vortex B, but one minor issue of still having only the 1 guy. Should be interesting :) There is a scripted event with extra borders as well as the usual teleporting guys in phase 3, so my level 2 doors, level 3 med-bay, system repair drone and anti-personnel drone are going to be used extensively.

I guess it's pretty hopeless, but I like to play it out if there is some reason for optimism.

steam_sig.png
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Simply put, Matt and Justin rock.

steam_sig.png
    ElvenshaeIoloEtiowsaDeaderinred
  • tuxkamentuxkamen Registered User regular
    Yes.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
    cB557LorahaloElvenshae
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    thats... that's next week.

EtiowsacB557ebotasticLorahaloDracomicronElvenshae
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    new thread?

steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    Let me put it this way: at some point soon, this thread is not going to cut it.

cB557Elvenshae
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Wait, the advanced edition has C ship layouts? I didn't know that.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    @cardboard delusions, how about it? New thread for the advanced edition release?

:)

Elvenshae
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    EEEEEEE. So excited.

But why isn't next week NOW? Wait, if I freeze myself...

Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    I knew I didn't need any free time next week anyway...

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Damn... I start class next week too. This is not going to end well for me.

steam_sig.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    And just like that, FTL is going to worm its way back into my life.

steam_sig.png
    f3rretElvenshaecB557
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Honestly, I'm still working on some of the achievements for the original version. Damn getting to the secret sector with a Rock ship...

Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: Saint_XLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    @iolo and the rest of you savages...

new thread

cardboard delusions on
    W4jQZR5.jpg
    ShimshaiElvenshaeIoloSumanai
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: Saint_XLRegistered User regular
    @geth close the thread?

W4jQZR5.jpg
    Kroenen
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    thats... that's next week.

OMGWTFBBQ WOOOOOTS. Kinda funny after 150 hours playing I FINALLY unlocked the damned crystal ship heheh so it is really good timing to give me new stuff to do.

Dracomicron
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Wait, the advanced edition has C ship layouts? I didn't know that.

Yes all existing ships have a C deckplan option. I believe all the C deck plans have clone bays instead of med bays although that can be swapped at stores I believe.