As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Stronghold Kingdoms] goes back to its roots in FireFly's latest installment!

Victory63Victory63 Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Games and Technology
The latest game in FireFly's "Stronghold" series, "Stronghold Kingdoms", has just been released on Steam and it's free to play!
The game is in the classic style of the first installment which fans most liked.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/47410/
http://store.steampowered.com/news/7428/

Build castles, kingdoms and courtyards in nearly any shape and defend your keep against other players.

Victory63 on

• Options
    MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    I play this. It is pretty fun. If any of you guys are on World 1 do a search for me. If youre nearby I can help you out. The initial resource gathering period is kind of slow.

Also, make sure you improve your arts research first thing and keep it maxed. I recommend focusing on farming to begin with, you want to be able to produce 5 kinds of food at 4x rations, including booze. Then get your decorations/entertainment. This will give you enough honor gain to get through a bunch of levels. At this point you want to focus on Military big time. You will need large armies and strong troops to for defense, and combat is one of the best sources of honor gain.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    So it's all MMO type versus?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    Victory63 wrote:
    The game is in the classic style of the first installment which fans most liked.

I'm pretty sure the original wasn't a F2P game in the same vein as Ikariam or Lord of Ultima.

It looks like it could be fun, but forum posts indicate that you'll be bored out of your mind beyond a certain point if you aren't spending cash.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    I played for a pretty decent while during the beta. I enjoyed it, but it does get boring after a while. I like a lot of their ideas, but once I had a few towns I didn't see a point in continuing.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    just tried it out for about an hour, was pretty bored, and definetly didn't want to drop any money on it. Would rather just go play stronghold 1 or crusader, or wait for 3 to finally go on sale.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Voro wrote:
    Victory63 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the original wasn't a F2P game in the same vein as Ikariam or Lord of Ultima.

It looks like it could be fun, but forum posts indicate that you'll be bored out of your mind beyond a certain point if you aren't spending cash.

You might be bored out of your mind after a while. It wont be because of the cash shop. This game has one of the worst cash shops Ive ever seen. I don't mean it too expensive, or tries to charge you for everything. I mean literally everything in the cash shop is worthless and I wouldn't buy even with infinite real life monies. Everything is useless cards, or pointless premium that provides so little in game benefit or novelty I cant understand why anyone would spend money on it.

Later on, the town building portion gets kind of dull and pointless. The combat stays pretty neat for a long while though.

Mugaaz on
  • Options
    Foomy wrote:
    just tried it out for about an hour, was pretty bored, and definetly didn't want to drop any money on it. Would rather just go play stronghold 1 or crusader, or wait for 3 to finally go on sale.

Its basically a browser game. You can't "play" this for an hour. You can make some decisions and start building some things. Then you basically dont do anything bu trade with merchants, or initiate a lot of battles, both of which dont happen till mid game.