Options

Unlikely Personal Injuries

• Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Weaver wrote: »
    When I was a kid I was out shooting a BB gun at trees, from a good 30-40 feet away. Once a BB ricocheted back and nailed me right on the lower curve of my left eye socket. So I switched to scaring birds off of power lines.

Weaver we are BB gun injury buddies now.

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    I've never broken a bone, I don't think

Maybe dislocated a finger or two, but nothing broken

this is me

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    When I was really tiny and toddling around, I pulled a cup of hot coffee off a table and it poured all over me.

It required a lot of fixing, let's just say. The doctors and nurses all knew me by the time it was done, and to this day there's still a bumpy patch of skin on my arm where something fucked up in the process.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    When I was a toddler I accidentally pulled a hot iron off of the ironing board and onto my foot. I just wanted to see what mom was up to. I learned to stay out of my parent's affairs after that.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    speaking of BB gun injuries, I've spent more than one afternoon shooting an air rifle at cans, nail-infested planks, old tractors and other whatnots, listening to the ricochets pattering down into the dirt and grass around us

it's a miracle nobody lost an eye to that, but as compensation I did manage to shoot a q-tip through the webbing of my friend's hand with that gun

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    I broke my pinky finger when I was in 1st or 2nd grade. It healed funny though, so it's a little crooked still.
    I've also fractured my wrist. Doc was cool and adjusted the cast so that I could move my thumb and be able to tear through presents (december)
    Basically, I didn't know how to fall till late elementary school.
    Yukira wrote: »
    skettios wrote: »
    Being a klutz has some upsides though.
    Have gotten alright at walking-it-off and not-making-a-scene, for the most part (unless it's really bad of course)

We should get you some training wheels.

Hah, I'd probably find a way around those as well.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    I got hit in the face with a spear once, well the handle end. It was at Battle in Southern England during a Re enactment of the Battle of Hastings, I got hit by my own side just above my eye. An archer gave me first aid!

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Have gotten alright at walking-it-off and not-making-a-scene, for the most part (unless it's really bad of course)

Trip, fall, land on the wheels. No injury! Wait, this is an incline. Oh crap, oh crap. And right into a wall.

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Unlikely injuries?

Well, I had a Geometry teacher/track coach in high school who was struck by lightning three times in his life.

Twice while washing dishes.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    I broke my toe late last year by dropping one of those huge Kitchenaid stand mixers on it.

My roommate's girlfriend (who was a %@#^@) moved it but didn't secure the top.
    You ALWAYS secure the top.
    It took extra effort to move it without doing it.

So when I went to pick it up, the entire thing flopped down and fell.

Yeah...

It hurt a ton, but i didn't think it was that bad until I looked later that night and the toe had turned black.
    D:

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    neville wrote: »
    I broke my toe late last year by dropping one of those huge Kitchenaid stand mixers on it.

D:

Good god, man. Those things are heavy.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You do always secure the top on your Kitchenaid mixer, but never trust that someone else has done so. :P

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular

Trip, fall, land on the wheels. No injury! Wait, this is an incline. Oh crap, oh crap. And right into a wall.

That is fairly accurate as to what would probably occur!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

That is fairly accurate as to what would probably occur!

Just get yourself a lot of bubblewrap

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    I was 11 and on a school camp when I tripped and fell face-first into a concrete step.

The teachers put an ice-pack on my cheek and told me to go about my business.

Back at home, Mum takes me off to the doctor because the right side of my face is still swollen as shit and the x-rays reveal that I'd broken my cheekbone.

• Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    I ran full speed, face first into the last section of a chain link fence while chasing a foul ball when I was thirteen. Needed 2 stitches on the bridge of my nose and 3 in the middle of my upper lip dimple. That left a nice scar. I also bit my tongue hard enough to split it and broke the cross bar off the fence with my right knee, which is probably what started my knee problems.

No one had a mirror, but one of the paramedics that helped take me off on the neck injury board(just a precaution) had some aviators on so I was able to see myself a bit and just imagined 50% health Doom guy.

That'll teach coaches to put chubby first basemen into right field.

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Threw up so hard I bruised my esophagus or something

Kind of hurt for a few days

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    You do always secure the top on your Kitchenaid mixer, but never trust that someone else has done so. :P

Considering the place she put it, there was no way to know that it wasn't secure.
    I can't imagine how she moved it without it.

The real lesson is: If it isn't yours, DON'T FUCKING MOVE IT.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    this girl twisted my neck the other day, I'm still not even sure how

Worst BJ ever?

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Don't ever look away when using a professional meat slicer.

When you turn back around you will have an awful surprise.

That is all I'm saying.

...actually I will add, don't use them on only four hours of sleep, either.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    i broke my elbow trying to catch a football, because i got all disoriented looking over my right shoulder trying to find the ball in the sun on my blind side and tripped over my big dumb feet

but i'm not a bitch so i continued to play catch and after i caught another ball the jolt down my arm convinced me something was wrong, so i continued to catch one handed. and then drove myself to the hospital.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I've had stitches on my eyeball

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Dislocated my kneecap doing the can-can

then while lifting the exercise bike into place to fix that I blew my back. It's taken over 3 years to get over those, mostly through weightlifting

Couldn't even leave my leg out straight in a way that would have weight in the center, had to be supported at all times in some minor way for 2 years

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    Ledneh wrote: »

No.

No no no.

NONONONONONONO

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    oh yeah, one time I got a fish hook through the ear!

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I never had any broken bones, but I did get a loose tendon in my knee from falling on the gym floor playing dodgeball in elementary school. I had to wear a cast for the entire summer until it healed.

My younger brother was the one to always end up with injuries. When he was a toddler my step dad at the time had him sitting on his workbench in the garage. When his back was turned, my brother got his hands on the nailgun and got a nail stuck in his head just underneath the skin.

During my time in college him and my other younger brother got into dirtbike racing. My mother would always be a complete wreak worrying that they would hurt themselves at the races. With no injuries to speak of, two days after the first season was over, my brother trips and falls down the stairs, breaking his arm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    coughed myself in to a hernia once when i was sick

also, my dick fell off.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I was walking around the garage when I was

I'm gonna say 8?

My brother was sitting on the ground, doing some electronic stuff i guess

I stood on his soldering iron. Instant 2nd degree burns on the sole of my foot.

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Awko wrote: »
    Ledneh wrote: »

No.

No no no.

NONONONONONONO

Blinking was distinctly awkward for a few days after that, I remember that much

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I once got poison oak all over my junk once from walking off into the bushes to piss.

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Awko wrote: »
    I was 11 and on a school camp when I tripped and fell face-first into a concrete step.

The teachers put an ice-pack on my cheek and told me to go about my business.

Back at home, Mum takes me off to the doctor because the right side of my face is still swollen as shit and the x-rays reveal that I'd broken my cheekbone.

School first aid is shit.

a cousin of mine, a year back, apparently ran into a wall. She was going so fast she could not stop in time. A wall. Obviously she was in pain but my aunt and mom told her to knock it off and took her to my home (it was nearer by and my aunt needed to pick some stuff up). I get home 45 minutes later, see her on the bed, nursing her arm, and have the situation explained to me. I turn back to her and say, "She broke her arm". I just knew.

"Nah, shut up she is just being a baby"

2 days later she is diagnosed with a hairline fracture in her forearm.

DONT RUN INTO WALLS.

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    Arang wrote: »
    speaking of BB gun injuries, I've spent more than one afternoon shooting an air rifle at cans, nail-infested planks, old tractors and other whatnots, listening to the ricochets pattering down into the dirt and grass around us

it's a miracle nobody lost an eye to that, but as compensation I did manage to shoot a q-tip through the webbing of my friend's hand with that gun

i had a BB richochet right into my eyebrow once

and one time my friend pumped up his BB gun for a good 30-40 minutes and then pointed it at me and pulled the trigger
    cue screaming and bleeding and him thinking there wasn't anything loaded in it (there was a pellet loaded in it)

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I kicked a kettle full of boiling water over my foot at a music festival. Instinctively yanked off the scalding hot sock, which took most of the skin off my big toe with it. Was quite annoying as it meant I couldn't really go into the crowds after that in case someone trod on my foot, so had to watch all the bands from way back.

Also as a kid stabbed myself in the fleshy side of the foot with a dart. Didn't hurt that much but got a surprising amount of blood on my friend's cream coloured carpet!

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I was changing the LCD screen on an iMac a few weeks ago... was joking with someone from corporate about how rookies keep zapping themselves on the non-shielded power-supply because they forget to unplug the unit before working on it.

Plugged it in, turned it on, screen was a little dim. Shut it off and immediately reached back to check the cable without thinking.

Fucking OUCH

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    DakataDakata Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    When i was 4 my sister was on an exercise wheel and wouldn't let me on it.

I attempted to stop it with my leg by sticking it in the spokes.

That didn't end well.

Dakata on
    "Life is a storm my young friend, you will bask in the sunlight one moment be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes."
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Are you a gerbil?

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    where on earth do human scale exercise wheels represent a Thing people do

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    where on earth do human scale exercise wheels represent a Thing people do

Everywhere but America. The clue was in the word 'exercise'.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    When I was really tiny and toddling around, I pulled a cup of hot coffee off a table and it poured all over me.

It required a lot of fixing, let's just say. The doctors and nurses all knew me by the time it was done, and to this day there's still a bumpy patch of skin on my arm where something fucked up in the process.

My brother did the same but with a pan full of grease. It melted the skin and shit on his arm and for the rest of his life he had this wild scar on his arm that looked all melted and swirled and stuff. I thought it was pretty cool, actually

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I did this a week or two ago.

It's mostly healed.
    Picture76.jpg