As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heya! It's me Imoen!

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    We are excited to announce the first stretch goals for Project Eternity!

1.1 million, Base Goal – Achieved!
    Base game includes three races, five classes, and five companions. We have ideas for these, but we want to hear your opinions on what you'd like to see. Stay tuned to Kickstarter, our website, and our forums to join in on the conversation.

1.4 million, New Playable Race, Class, and Companion!
    Expands your options for character creation and adds a companion of the new class.

1.6 million, a Mac Version of Project Eternity and The Story Grows!
    We've listened and we’ll make a Mac version of the game at this tier. We're also going to add a new major storyline along with new quests, locations, NPCs, and unique loot (special histories everyone?).

1.8 million, New Playable Race, Class, and Companion!
    The options grow for your main character and the roster of your motley crew expands with the addition of a new companion from the selected class.

2.0 million, Player House!
    Get your own house in the game that you can customize, store equipment in, and where your companions hang out, or, as the elves say, "chillax".

2.2 million, a new Region, a new Faction and another new Companion! And, dare we say it... ? LINUX!
    Great news, everyone! For the Tarball Knights of Gzippia out there, we'll be adding Linux support!
    Also, the world of Project Eternity grows in a major way with the inclusion of a whole new faction and the territory it holds. This adds new NPCs, quests, magic items, and hours of gameplay. And yes, you got it, another companion.

2.4 million and beyond! Coming Soon!

We've been listening to your feedback, and have the following announcements:

* DRM Free: We are looking into it! Please check back for updates.
    * Digital Only Tiers are coming!
    * PayPal is coming asap. Please be patient!
    * New $5k Tier. We are looking into a new $5k tier since it sold out so quickly! We are looking into equivalent alternatives.

Thank you fans!

Obsidian

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    This and DoubleFine are the only 2 kickstarters I've done. Threw $20 at it.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    OK the one million bucks thing was pretty cool

But now this is just them going, "oh shit we got 1 million pretty easy, let's get MORE MONEY"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Explain

cuz at the moment I'm assuming you don't know how kickstarter works

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    OK the one million bucks thing was pretty cool

But now this is just them going, "oh shit we got 1 million pretty easy, let's get MORE MONEY"

well...yeah

that's kind of the whole point, innit

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Well, I admit when I wrote that I hadn't looked at the site, and seen that the 20 dollar level is a digital copy of the game. I was assuming it was a more bullshitty type of reward, which I've seen before on kickstarter and been thoroughly annoyed at. So, I rescind my bitching, mostly.

Although on a separate point, I hope the 1k level pledgers all name their NPCs super stupid names. Please kind adventurers, you have to rescue my son Goku! The evil bandit king Sexy Furtimes has kidnapped him!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    edited September 2012
    I agree on the latter name, but the first one is awesome, especially if it is someone's son who is reffered to as son Goku.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
    So I went to prebuy the BG remake, and everything on their site says it comes out November 30th

I thought it came out tomorrow?

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    So I went to prebuy the BG remake, and everything on their site says it comes out November 30th

I thought it came out tomorrow?

It was supposed to come out today.

But it got delayed.

zkHcp.jpg
    Whaaaatttt poooppppp

I already paid for that shit

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Whaaaatttt poooppppp

I already paid for that shit

Till November.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So you're saying you wouldn't have preordered it if you knew it was delayed?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I don't mind the delay. I mean I've already got so many other damn games to play it's not a big deal if one gets delayed.

Druhim wrote: »
    So you're saying you wouldn't have preordered it if you knew it was delayed?

Probably not. I was really looking forward to playing it. :(

• WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    It's not like it's cancelled.

So project eternity got funded, 4.2 million or just about.

sirtoons.png
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    5 Long days.

zkHcp.jpg
    Buying it for android whenever it's available sometime in December(I guess that means January or later??)

sirtoons.png
    So if you got this for the PC, like I did, it launch at around 1pm Central time tomorrow, the 28th

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Did they give a mac date for this?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Well it currently says Ipad and Mac OS in November, so uh...who knows? I would guess sometime early next year

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    next november clearly

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    From Twitter, 8 hours ago: @TrentOster The iOS build is not approved. We've found a crash bug and had to re-submit, which pushes us to the back of the line. I'd guess next week.

Legba on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Dang!

Oh well, I've got so much else to play anyway.

edited November 2012
    Twitter, 21 minutes ago
    @TrentOster: We have to restart the iPad submission process again. We've got a couple more showstoppers. First we have to fix, then test then re-submit

But the Windows version is out! Anyone tried it yet?

Legba on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm downloading it right now but I have effectively no bandwidth on my connection for no reason that I can determine

current rate: 20 k/s

so I'll let y'all know how it is sometime after new year's

I have it. Its fun! The improvements really help and it feels weird having all this screen space opened up

edited November 2012
    okay so I was able to finish downloading and start playing. it's good! the new cutscenes look a lot nicer than the old 3d ones, the UI is clean but perhaps a little too heavy-handed with the gilding. so far I'd have to say the most improvements were given to the inventory screen, which now shows stuff like THAC0, damage done, and gives a breakdown of what is subtracting from your AC.

downside: because it's still the Infinity engine it has some graphical issues with newer cards. specifically, you need to turn off v-sync and triple buffering if you normally use them. also I'm having issues with the sound. for whatever reason a lot of voice gets clipped after about half a second or doesn't play at all; I'll see if there's a fix but I doubt it.

Shorty on
    edited December 2012
    Guys, I'm playing this on my iPad right now!

I don't remember there being this many classes available...

Legba on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Well they added all of the 2 classes to 1 I believe

And like a couple new kits I think?

I've rolled up like three characters so far without leaving Candlekeep, because I just can't decide on what to play.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I guess I had better get this then

Also Legba roll a wizard

1hp at the start

play balls deep

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Ugh I wish I had a device that could play this

Fuck, the last time I played this I had the 2nd edition books next to me and now I remember why. I just rolled a pretty awesome half-elf fighter/Druid, put two points in scimitars, two points in sword and shield mastery, and then once I got into the game I realised that the only shield I'm allowed to wear is a buckler. God damnit.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    fighter/druid can wear every shield

Woo! Yeah I just realised I was being silly about the interface. For some reason it won't let you put a shield on if you have a two-handed weapon in one of your quick weapon slots. Surely they should be load outs? Oh well, old school game.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    yeah you should be able to use a regular shield like Jaheira does

you sure it's not something else affecting your ability to equip the gear?

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Legba wrote: »
    Woo! Yeah I just realised I was being silly about the interface. For some reason it won't let you put a shield on if you have a two-handed weapon in one of your quick weapon slots. Surely they should be load outs? Oh well, old school game.
    Yeah, they couldn't handle that back in 1998.

they've released a few patches since this came out, and now I can categorically say that if you think there is any point at which you might conceivably want to play BG again (or if you haven't already, in which case what the hell is your problem) then you should go and buy this right now