As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heya! It's me Imoen!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    My memory is failing me - I know there wasn't party banter in BG1, but did your party members ever fight each other due to alignment differences?

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Rolo wrote: »
    My memory is failing me - I know there wasn't party banter in BG1, but did your party members ever fight each other due to alignment differences?

I'm pretty sure some did.

Dux on
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Yes. If you had Jaheira/Khalid in your party with Montaron/that crazy mage guy they'd get snippy with each other.

Also I remember Montaron/crazy guy getting pissed off with me being too good and suddenly attacking me, while we were halfway through a huge dungeon. That was pretty annoying.

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Also the good dwarf and the evil dwarf hated each other.

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Yeah if Jaheira and Khalid found out who Montaron and Xzar worked for they would fight each other

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yup, in my first ever game Jaheira and Khalid killed Montaron and Xzar.

Which made BG2 funny.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I remember getting pissed off with Montaron after he complained about some quest, and he threatened my character. So I killed him. Then the other dude got pissed off, and I killed him too.

Then I decided to just roll with it and killed off everyone I could find in Beregost.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I think Minsc/Dynaheir had some conflicts with someone too... Edwin maybe?

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Hurrah, the game and tutu is installed on my netbook properly. (turning on 3d acceleration was NOT a good idea.)

Now to play it.

• TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I think Minsc/Dynaheir had some conflicts with someone too... Edwin maybe?

That sounds correct.

Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I remember reading one dude's playthrough report of running through BG2/ToB with 6 sorcerers. Timestops everywhere. Brutal boss battles reduced to minor speedbumps in seconds flat. Cheese all over the place.

I don't know why, but it just always makes me smile to think of it.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    omg I love Minsc so much

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I love the main screen music:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U88zyFLzIXQ

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    yes stig!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited March 2012
    honestly, I love the Dovahkiin song from Skyrim but I love this even more

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    I waste about 80% of my brain storing every single sound / song from BGII

sig.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

In my mind that song goes "DUN DUUHNNNNNN, DUN DU- *click*"

it's more of a "k'thok" than a click, really

sig.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    on the note of this kind of game, just finished reading the mask of the betrayer LP on the LP archive again

holy shit that is one hell of an evil ending

0BnD8l3.gif
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    "I'LL TEST YOUR METTLE WITH COLD STEEL!"

that was the best enemy shout in the game, actually no, in any game

• ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I cannot count the number of times I thought "but cold steel is metal"

this game probably did a lot for my English skills

e: also I think you're forgetting AH SUUURVE THE FLAYMIN FEEST

Arang on
    thenews.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think we can all agree that Khalid had the lamest lines.

"If none are better!"
    "My heart's really not in this."

God man up you dork.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Khalid's whole thing was being a giant puss, though

I still wish Jaheria'd died over him

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote:
    TheStig wrote: »

In my mind that song goes "DUN DUUHNNNNNN, DUN DU- *click*"

I have the soundtracks to all of the Infinity Engine games due to buying all of them from gog.com and I listen to all of them a lot

JtgVX0H.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    "I'LL TEST YOUR METTLE WITH COLD STEEL!"

that was the best enemy shout in the game, actually no, in any game

anything shodan says ever

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Look at you, Pipthefair: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Edit / Also come on. So many better examples. Even in the infinity engine. Especially in the infinity engine!

Vhailor: When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it. None may stand against it. It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence. Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them. It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods. Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

The Nameless One: I see.

Vhailor: No, you do NOT see. Pray you NEVER will.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    on the note of this kind of game, just finished reading the mask of the betrayer LP on the LP archive again

holy shit that is one hell of an evil ending

mask of the betrayer is so damn good, but I never tried to do the evil ending, on account of it being evil and me being a goodie two-shoes pansy. might have to check that LP out.

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Also the best quote from planescape torment is the real answer to "what can change the nature of a man?"

but as what is essentially a summary of the entire plot, it's a pretty big spoiler

it's such a great answer though

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I like anything Ravel says, and Trias. Also Morte.

Ok everything.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    For a game that didn't have a whole lot of voice acting, the people they did have for PS:T are pretty astounding:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187405/

• DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well, something's happening in 23 hours.

http://baldursgate.com/

Darric on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh man, exciting!

Really hoping it's something cool.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Next time I play these, I am fucking modding out all the traps.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I installed BG1.

I haven't tried it yet though.

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I wish that character icon of the dwarf with the bowler hat was visually represented in the game, like, on your character

bowler hats are the best

Dongs Galore on
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Next time I play these, I am fucking modding out all the traps.

look at this scrub, doesn't even have the location of every single trap in the game memorized lmao

sig.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Wait you mean your constant rolling wall of five summoned creatures didn't disarm those traps for you?

Didn't one of the guys tweet something about using an iMac for "something"? If this turns out to be a polished iOS port then that might sell me a new iPad right there.

re: traps - never did figure out how to get past that wall-crusher in Spellhold.

it can't be disarmed, you have to let it kill a summon

Horn of Valhalla, Spider Statue, Efreet Bottle, Wand of Monster Summoning, etc are all useful for this if you don't have any summoning spells memorized

sig.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Though really if you are playing a party that can't summon stuff

then

well

what is wrong with you