As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heya! It's me Imoen!

• Agent PropagandiAgent Propagandi Registered User regular
    10 hours to go. I should probably finish/start BG2 at some point but goddamn I hated that first dungeon.

Steam | Origin: AgentProp | Website
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    yea, that's why there's a mod to skip it :\

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    and it's one hell of a mod

basically the greatest mod ever

oh and you can replace BG2 with at least half of Bioware's games in Agent's above post and it would still work

they suck at making intro levels that are playable more than once or twice

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    everytime I read this thread title, it comes out as

"HEYA, ITSA MEA IMOEN!"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    that should be removed with most modern versions. the intended place to get it is in a random house in west baldur's gate you have to fight some dudes.

Are you fucking kidding me? I swear I must've spent like 3 hours just clicking around these fucking trees. Ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuck.

It's part of the reason I've never finished the game.

sig.gif
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Something on the site indicates something will happen in 7 hours or something.

So this either has to be an iPad port or something, an HD remake or a full sequel right? The latter two are pretty damn exciting prospects.

sig.gif
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I'm hoping for a Baulder's HD collection of BG1 and 2.

Goodbye free time. I hardly knew thee

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    everytime I read this thread title, it comes out as

"HEYA, ITSA MEA? IMOEN!"

you forgot a question mark

Wonder if they do a BG3 if it'll still be on AD&D or if they'll move up to 4th edition...

sig.gif
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    i just saw this today

words cannot describe what the fuck is going on inside me right now

Diarrhea

b1ehrMM.gif
    do you really think Wizards would let them license Forgotten Realms without making them use the newest ruleset?

Yeah I was just thinking that.

sig.gif
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Was cleaning out my storage last weekend, and I found a box full of old giant sized computer boxes. Also in there, the spiral bound baldurs gate 2 book.

Ah memories.

Once I finish ME3, I think I will have to try that mod that combines BG1 and 2.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I think one of the best improvements from BG1->BG2 was being able to hold Tab to highlight all interactable objects.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Aretè wrote: »
    Was cleaning out my storage last weekend, and I found a box full of old giant sized computer boxes. Also in there, the spiral bound baldurs gate 2 book.

Ah memories.

Once I finish ME3, I think I will have to try that mod that combines BG1 and 2.

I thankfully still have all of those cool old manuals. I miss that stuff.

For modding up BG1 and BG2, I recommend this guide: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/baldurs_gate_series/baldurs_gate_2_essential_mods/page1

It's for installing Baldur's Gate Trilogy. Some people prefer Tutu, but I like BGT. That guide also has a quick comparison of the two:
    BGT or EasyTutu?
    This guide uses the BGT mod, but you may have noticed another mod that exists to utilize the BG2 engine for BG1 - EasyTutu. If you're unclear about their differences, here's what you need to consider:
    BGT:
    - BG1 is bridged to BG2 via a very short additional scripted scene. However, it's pretty clear at that point that one game has ended and another is about to start.
    - The NPCs' stats are carried over to BG2. Whatever level and whatever stats they had at the end of BG1, when (and if) you meet up with them again in BG2, they will still carry those same stats. This is another feature to maintain continuity throughout the 2 games.
    - No need to import your character into BG2 after BG1 - BGT does it for you.

EasyTutu
    - Only updates BG1 to use the BG2 engine - they're still kept as separate games.
    - You must import your saved game from BG1 over to BG2 when you're ready to start a new game.
    - BG2 will be unmodified (i.e. the NPCs' stats will be whatever was programmed into the game, any progress they had in BG1 won't be reflected here).

Having it be one seamless game is nice, but I really like it for the fact that it carries over NPC stats.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    this is the part where I mention that @Zonugal is a prince among men for giving me this during secret satans:

61cdyz2nxbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Go with Baldur's Gate Trilogy. I'm working a save through that right now, and it is so satisfying to take your character from a level 1 pansy to a level 25 god.

Thetheroo on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    It's probably Baldur's Gate Basketball League 2013. They'd be announcing the game during March Madness to generate hype.
    Think NBA JAM and Blood Bowl, only set in the Forgotten Realms universe, and the game being basketball.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    It's probably Baldur's Gate Basketball League 2013. They'd be announcing the game during March Madness to generate hype.
    Think NBA JAM and Blood Bowl, only set in the Forgotten Realms universe, and the game being basketball.

pre-ordered

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Mordenkainen's Mystical Dunk

Bigby's Dribbling Hand

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote:
    this is the part where I mention that @Zonugal is a prince among men for giving me this during secret satans:

61cdyz2nxbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Let it be known, I am great!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    We already knew that, Z.

Interesting how the Baldur's gate series is suddenly at the top of GOG's best seller list. For all we know that website is just a way to get people excited about the old games.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It wouldn't really make sense for them to have a countdown just to say, "hey, you should play these old games!"

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah that would be very silly

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    We already knew that, Z.

Interesting how the Baldur's gate series is suddenly at the top of GOG's best seller list. For all we know that website is just a way to get people excited about the old games.

It's always been fairly high, hasn't it?

I think so. Of course, I was looking because I haven't been able to find my old discs so I wanted to see what the prices were.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    Also I don't get how it's interesting that it's even higher during a time when everyone's talking about and anticipating what this announcement will be. That seems like exactly what one would expect to happen.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    Also I don't get how it's interesting that it's even higher during a time when everyone's talking about and anticipating what this announcement will be. That seems like exactly what one would expect to happen.

Yeah, GOG is pretty smart about their marketing. It wasn't being featured until the hubub began (they were running their newer games added to the catalog).

I've heard rumors a while back about a Guild Wars style of instanced multiplayer game being developed for the Forgotten Realms universe. Thought that was going to be Neverwinter, but maybe also this?

Druhim wrote: »

Well, no I guess I got interpreted wrong, what I meant was that it's "fun to see that..." as opposed to "it's surprising that..." Also, I'm sure they have something real to announce, and the extra sales of the old games are just a happy side-effect.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think that is Neverwinter, yeah.

Whelp, whatever it is I'm excited. Any love for Forgotten Realms is ok in my book.

Unless it's a CCG or something.

It's actually a MMOFPS with CCG and F2P elements.

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Not to imply anything, but how do you live up to your own standards? Pestering strangers about their mental state doesn't seem very well adjusted to me.

From memory, probably mangled that

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    44 minutes.

DUN DUN DUNNN

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    AGH 10 MINUTES

The sight is breaking from the hits.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

FIVE MINUTES AAAAAAAAAAH

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    the music on the site stopped working so i've got the theme music looping on youtube

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

2 minutes!