As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. ALL OF IT. DON'T ARGUE ABOUT DLC

19495969798100»

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    Pff, at least I am not Ashley "Space Hitler" Williams.

Fair point. She's the worst.

You know what's worse? That fucking meme.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Dashui wrote: »

She's basically a Hitler of Hanoi.

That is, a Tower of Hanoi that is made of Hitlers. If you weren't following.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    well, you can't boost readiness at all in single player though

readiness is multiplayer/ios only

Is this true? I thought you could boost it by doing N7 Missions and side quests in ME3 single player? I haven't played for very long so I haven't seen this myself.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    SmallCaveGamesSmallCaveGames Registered User regular
    Sneakman wrote: »
    I've bought a few Spectre packs in ME3 multiplayer and they do give you Gold unlocks almost every time. I unlocked a Krogan Soldier, Drell Adept, Quarian Engineer, the Claymore and the Revenant in the few packs that I got last night. I also got a perk that lets me carry 3 Medi-Gels instead of 2. So yeah, there seems like there is better stuff in the more expensive Spectre pack. I also bought some Veteran packs, and they only had silver unlocks, like mid-tier weapons and upgrades.

What's a shame is that you can actually get repeats of the rares.

Am I correct to assume that gold-framed items are rare? Anywhere to find a list of the common/uncommon/rare items?

• Options
    HyperneticHypernetic Registered User regular
    `
    I've bought a few Spectre packs in ME3 multiplayer and they do give you Gold unlocks almost every time. I unlocked a Krogan Soldier, Drell Adept, Quarian Engineer, the Claymore and the Revenant in the few packs that I got last night. I also got a perk that lets me carry 3 Medi-Gels instead of 2. So yeah, there seems like there is better stuff in the more expensive Spectre pack. I also bought some Veteran packs, and they only had silver unlocks, like mid-tier weapons and upgrades.

Am I correct to assume that gold-framed items are rare? Anywhere to find a list of the common/uncommon/rare items?

Getting a repeat of a weapon is actually a good thing, each time you get a duplicate of something it ranks it up once increasing it's effectiveness (for example a weapon will do more damage, weigh less, and have more spare ammo the higher rank it is. Weapon mods will be more effective the higher rank they are as well)

• Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular

This is the worst part of the booster pack model. I don't mind having random unlocks, but don't let me unlock the same thing twice!

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

Repeats give you more colors for your classes, and level up your weaponry if you get repeat of those. They're not wasted. Not as good, obviously, but good for leveling up the damage.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    Yeah, those aren't repeats, they are upgrades.

• Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »

Yeah, I agree... never really understood how this meme became so sensationalist to begin with. Sure she's prejudice against aliens, but she didn't cause the genocide of an entire species or anything. She's a far cry from being anything close to a Nazi or Hitler.

Besides, she's pretty hot. :winky:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    well, you can't boost readiness at all in single player though

readiness is multiplayer/ios only

Is this true? I thought you could boost it by doing N7 Missions and side quests in ME3 single player? I haven't played for very long so I haven't seen this myself.

war assets are the only thing you get in single player, readiness isn't affected at all

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    because for some reason, people on the internet call anything bad "Hitler" or as "bad as Hitler" which becomes more and more annoying when it was Hitler that actually enacted genocide on your people and there are still members of your family alive who were affected by it (or ones that are dead because of it).

BUT HEY IT'S FUNNY RIGHT? LOL HITLER.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    New thread time! Remember to include the standard warnings in the title.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.