As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Schedule is live!

• EmpharaEmphara Registered User regular
    wonderpug wrote: »
    I think he's just asking what's good about it, because the summary doesn't give him enough to base a decision on and he's not familiar with Red vs. Blue.
    @dalaamprince If that's the case check out youtube and watch some of there previous PAX panels, there are plenty on there. But it seems like mostly they just answer some questions and show a new episode of RvB (so if you don't care for RvB, there isn't much of a point in going). The main focus of their panels is seeing the new episode/trailer for the new season of RvB.

signature.png
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Can anyone explain why I should attend the rooster teeth panel? Never been to one, the summary is dumb, and I don't follow the red vs blue thing.

This is their style of humour. If you giggle, you'll probably enjoy the panel.

Rooster Teeth meet the Kinectimals.
    EDIT: Accidentally embedded a youtube video.

PayneTrayne on
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I finished my schedule spreadsheet and thought I would share for anyone one else who is interested. I made it so if you hover over a panel the full description and panelist information will pop up.

Schedule.jpg

***UPDATED 3/12/12 ****
    I posted my versions here if you want a copy:
    .xls/Google Docs version
    .xlsx version

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Haggard HessianHaggard Hessian Registered User new member
    Where is my Blam panel and An Evening with Scott and Kris!?

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    I finished my schedule spreadsheet and thought I would share for anyone one else who is interested. I made it so if you hover over a panel the full description and panelist information will pop up.

Schedule.jpg

Google/.xls version
    .xlsx version

Wow...

That is SUPER well done.

Good Job!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Scott and kris won't be at pax east this year, from what I remember hearing.

• Haggard HessianHaggard Hessian Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

• dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    I think he's just asking what's good about it, because the summary doesn't give him enough to base a decision on and he's not familiar with Red vs. Blue.
    Yep. This.

Also I had heard someone say (probably in this thread) something like they had come a long way since red vs blue so I was intrigued by what else I could be missing if I skipped the panel. Thanks for the responses I'll check them out when I get home.

• VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    So many panels I've got to go to, I hope I'll have the time! WoW Insider Show live and the Extra Credits one will be so much fun.

• xspeedballxxspeedballx Registered User regular
    I am disappointed to not see an evening with Scott Kurtz! :(

• Sp1ffySp1ffy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Removed due to merge.

Sp1ffy on
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Yea, that's confirmed on twitter, sadly.

Exodus1 on
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So I have a question about the PA Q&A panels. I see there are two. Do people usually attend one or the other or do they usually attend both?

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So I have a question about the PA Q&A panels. I see there are two. Do people usually attend one or the other or do they usually attend both?

I think they're hilarious, so the last two years I've gone both times. Just depends how much "Mike & Jerry Live!" you're interested in seeing.

wonderpug on
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    ottoman673 wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    wheres the keith apicary panel? he said he was doing a panel again or was he denied

It appears that there is not one.

This appears to be for the best.

why he was an awesome guy, gave me free passes to get in, was very nice and honestly he had the best panel until some one ruined it, but he will still be around at pax

He consistently broke rules during his panel despite being warned, he harassed an e, and all in all violated this little thing we call Wheaton's Law. He can be funny at times, but at PAX he was just a dick. Good riddance.

his panel was ended when he crawled under a table......

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    I would be surprised if Keith Apicary is even allowed back into PAX, let alone allowed to have a panel ever again. Your opinion of "best panel" must differ from that of most PAX attendees, as well as PA/Reed staff, enforcers and BCEC security.

E6LkoFK.png

I would be surprised if Keith Apicary is even allowed back into PAX, let alone allowed to have a panel ever again. Your opinion of "best panel" must differ from that of most PAX attendees, as well as PA/Reed staff, enforcers and BCEC security.

Pretty sure he'll be back at PAX, but not sure in what capacity.

Like him or Dislike him, the main point is that funny or not everyone has to follow the rules. He did not, end of story.

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Scott and Kris are going to be in Australia; I forget precisely what they're doing there, something big though IIRC. This is also why Penny-Arcade is taking over PVP for a week, for those of you who haven't been following any of them.

I think they're hilarious, so the last two years I've gone both times. Just depends how much "Mike & Jerry Live!" you're interested in seeing.

This. If you enjoy them, I'd say go to both panels. If you hardly know them or what they're like, go to at least one of them and find out for yourself; I had no idea what Penny-Arcade actually was, let alone who Mike and Jerry were, when I first started attending PAX back in '06, but I've got to the point where I have to attend the Q&A's just because of the entertainment value. But this is also why I run a team that films these things, so people that do end up missing them can watch them later. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Scott and Kris are going to be in Australia; I forget precisely what they're doing there, something big though IIRC. This is also why Penny-Arcade is taking over PVP for a week, for those of you who haven't been following any of them.
    Exodus1 wrote: »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

dear boston: scott and i will regrettably be in australia during PAX East, for our engagement with the melbourne symphony orchestra. boo.

no need to give me attitude just because i loved his panel , i under stand why he doesn't have a panel but still nathan (the guy who plays keith) is still one of the nicest guys i have ever met and i just hope hes aloud in.

also even though we have a disagreement what panels do you think i should see since i missed 2 gems last year, the music panel and the video game roadshow one

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    NOOOOO!!! The LRR panel is at the same time as the saturday concerts...this ruins the entire weekend for me (not really).

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    as a funny side note, i went onto youtube and had my fave auto play / shuffle and keiths panel video just poped up i kid you not

• BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Also there is an alarming lack of Story Time with Wil Wheaton. This is obviously just a typographical error.

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    It's possible that Wil won't be making east again this year (he wasn't there last year either).

E6LkoFK.png

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    It's possible that Wil won't be making east again this year (he wasn't there last year either).

i'm pretty sure he said a while back on twitter that he wouldn't make it because he also will be preparing to travel to australia. i'd look it up and link it, but it was quite a while ago.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • AredubyaAredubya Registered User regular
    Coldbrew wrote: »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

dear boston: scott and i will regrettably be in australia during PAX East, for our engagement with the melbourne symphony orchestra. boo.

So much sadness. Late Night with Scott 'n' Kris was the highlight for me last year, no question. However, this does free me up to attend the Sat night concert, which I have not done the previous two PAX Easts. Alas, I shall miss thee, Blamfolk.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Psykus wrote: »
    gespo89 wrote: »
    gespo89 wrote: »
    SmallLady wrote: »
    Someone mentioned to me that there has been a spreadsheet posted in past years. Will that happen again?

I do know community members in the past have taken the website schedule and turned it into a spreadsheet and or google calendar. So many some awesome people will do that again! :D

I'll start on a public Google Calendar for this, PM me if you want to help and I can add you as a contributor so we can work together on completing it. This would be super handy on smartphones where the calendars have Google integration.

Day 1 completed. Will work on the rest at another time. You can add this calendar to Google Calendar with the bottom button and it will automatically update with any changes I or anyone else make. Each event is color coded by which theater it takes place in.

Gah, I started working on a calendar for this before I noticed others were too. I wrote a quick program to parse it out and haven't double checked everything but it's accurate from a glance.

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=jakivfh7je16imojbu8s1ium1o@group.calendar.google.com&amp;ctz=America/New_York

Yours looks good, I compared it with my first day and they're identical apart from the color coding. I would propose killing mine, then if you want I can go in and work on color coding your events for the theaters? Makes it a lot easier to read.

That's fine with me. I haven't been able anything in the Google API to do it so it looks like we'll have to do it by hand. You should have edit access now.

On a side note, I ran a quick conflict check and the outside of the already mentioned Taking The Long Road and The Indie Rant, everything else checks out.

Color coding finished! I was bored this morning, and with all the events already entered from you, it was just a straightforward click-a-thon.

Hopefully my color scheme will make sense to anyone else. I mostly just used colors with the same first few letters as the theater name:
    • Main Theatre - Red like the PAX East logo.
    • Arachnid Theatre - "Apple" green
    • Naga Theatre - "Navy" blue
    • Wyvern Theatre - "White" / gray
    • Cat Theatre - "Cyan" / turquoise
    • Manticore Theatre - "Mango" / orange
    • Merman Theatre - Light blue (mermen/mermaids live in the water?)

Awesome, it's much more readable with the colors. Thanks.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • SilverEternitySilverEternity Registered User regular
    I am super (super!) excited for the Education through Play panel. That panel and the conversations that followed were the best experiences I had at PAX Prime (although everything else was awesome as well).

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    gigabrain wrote: »
    NOOOOO!!! The LRR panel is at the same time as the saturday concerts...this ruins the entire weekend for me (not really).

We've worked out a deal with somebody to get the LRR panel on film, so try not to feel too bad if you end up missing it. :P
    We'll try to get it posted online as soon as we can afterward.

NSw0gum.png
  • ScorpiusScorpius Registered User regular
    There was slight confusion about when the Gamer Assembly panel would be. If you heard from me that it would be on Saturday (like all the RPG Superstar listeners), sorry, it's on Friday. There are about 4 different panels where you can ask "Fix my game" style questions for tabletop gamers, so the mistake is understandable.

On that same note, if you attend Fix Your Tabletop RPG with the RPG Doctor and the Gamer Assembly, feel free to broaden your questions. I've freelanced with Kobold Quarterly, TW has done editing work, and we'll have a character artist with us.

• StrangeStaticStrangeStatic Mass.Registered User regular
    What happens at these Panels? They discuss everything, and you ask questions? Do you get to meet them/pictures/autograph? I didnt go to any panels last year.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/strangestatic
    What happens at these Panels? They discuss everything, and you ask questions? Do you get to meet them/pictures/autograph? I didnt go to any panels last year.

There's a description of each panel on the schedule (with a couple of exceptions). The point of the panel is to listen to (and maybe participate via q&a) the panelists discuss whatever topic is at hand. They are intended to be either informative or entertaining (and many times both!). Some have Q&A, some don't. For the most part pictures/autographs are discouraged during panels.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/panel+discussion

• Chaotic IgnoranceChaotic Ignorance Registered User regular
    Awww, there's no top ten games panel. This would have been the year for Round Five.

• ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular

There's a description of each panel on the schedule (with a couple of exceptions). The point of the panel is to listen to (and maybe participate via q&a) the panelists discuss whatever topic is at hand. They are intended to be either informative or entertaining (and many times both!). Some have Q&A, some don't. For the most part pictures/autographs are discouraged during panels.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/panel+discussion

Furthermore, some panelists will hang around near theaters after their panel to do such things. Last year, I managed to win an iPod Touch at the Game Scoop Live! panel, which I then had signed by Daemon Hatfield, Greg Miller and Ty Root after their panel. Good times.

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Sp1ffySp1ffy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hey folks,

This is the PAX East schedule rendered in a grid layout by day and theatre. Clicking the panels will add/remove them from your personal agenda at the bottom of the page.

I have the utility hosted here: PAX Schedule Utility

The code is available on my Github profile too: https://github.com/mtangolics/PAXScheduleUtility

Feel free to fork it and make it prettier/more efficient/etc. If people end up using it and want additional features/fixes, I can try to implement them but I make no guarantees. =)

Notes:
    Personal schedule does not persist atm, so copy and paste it elsewhere if you want to save.

Edit: Guess this got merged, removed unnecessary info.

Sp1ffy on
  • ultragoregrindultragoregrind Registered User regular
    *Very* cool!

• cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular

Be aware and prepared that it seems like a LOT of time is spent praising, giving life stories, or offering gifts to the two and less so much questions being asked. Or that's what I've gotten out of it anyways. Still, very funny.

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular

Schedule.jpg

Google/.xls version
    .xlsx version

You're a good guy. This is a much better format then just a list of panels.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Crazy DaveCrazy Dave Registered User new member
    Touchdown:

Nathan Barnatt aka Keith Apicary Talks Talking Classics

Arachnid Theatre
    Saturday 1:00pm - 2:00pm

For the first time out of character Nathan Barnatt (Keith Apicary) talks about getting arrested, kicked out of conventions, crashing G4, other characters, making his viral dance videos, his Keith TV pilot with Adult Swim and whatever else you want to know. Throw in some acrobatics and stunts and you have the craziest panel to ever live. If he doesn't get kicked out again.

Panelists include: Nathan Barnatt

http://east.paxsite.com/schedule.php

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I am set.

• EmpharaEmphara Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    @CrazyDave Where on earth are you seeing that? There's only one panel on Saturday from 1:00pm - 2:00pm and it's the "Epic Games: Past, Present and Future" panel and it's in the Naga Theatre not Arachnid... Also, if you ctrl+f search "Keith Apicary", "Nathan Barnatt", "Classics" "Talking Classics" "G4" or anything else like that you come up with either nothing or unrelated panels that don't have him on them... Unless I'm seriously missing something that doesn't seem to be on there.

Emphara on
    signature.png