As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    They also made Sansa an even bigger bitch than the books, which is astounding considering. (I'm on episode 6)

I am curious how you came to this conclusion

Watching any scene with her in it? But in particular the scene with the Septa where she pulls the Mean Girls act.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I will say that the scenes with Dany in the show are pretty great (they were kind of boring in the book)

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    I haven't checked other sites but I think if we get another useless Ros scene next episode people will be pretty pissed.

Highlighted for emphasis. I don't mind Roz scenes when they're not a waste of time. First ep this season? Very neat way to start the atrocity small and then reveal the full scale of it all. You could make the case for a couple of the other scenes, maybe, but they're weak ones. They only exist, in my mind, so that we have a viewpoint for when Barra is murdered, but why couldn't that use the Law & Order cold open method of unnamed-characters-who-happen-to-be-in-the-area?

And then this last episode...okay I'll shut up now.

Just...a point, that's all I want. If there is a point, it's either not there or it was so tiny it went straight through my skin, skull, brain, and out the other side and I didn't even notice.

Yeah, nothing at all against the Ros scene in the first ep this season, it fit in perfectly.

The scene last week just felt like they were forcing Littlefinger and Ros onto the screen.

• Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    I will say that the scenes with Dany in the show are pretty great (they were kind of boring in the book)

Daenerys scenes were my absolute favourites bookwise!

• Options
    I LOVE Dany scenes in the books...

DWD Spoilers:
    Until DWD. I really, really don't need soooo many chapters of her debating who she should fuck, especially because the guy who she REALLY wants to fuck looks like a complete tool in my head. Really, blue Trident beards are now "hawt"? That sounds like some crap the sweaty, boney emo kid you went to high school with would do after he failed to grow out of his "fight the system!" mentality on account that he isn't smart enough to do anything better with his life.

And THEN, we get the absolutely fantastic Barristan chapters only after she flies away on a dragon and I'm left thinking "holy crap, we could've tossed out a couple of pointless chapters of Dany getting all wet over some dude with a ridiculously un-awesome beard and replaced them with some Ser Barristan.

Don't get me wrong, there were some great Dany DWD chapters... but she also had a few of the absolute worst in the book, right there with Bran wankin' off in a cave to a bunch of mystical booshitbooshitbooshit. But then again, maybe it's just in comparison to some of the other content in the book. Theon and Victarion both have excellent chapters (Theon's being hands down the best in the book, if for no other reason than I want to see what Roose and Ramsay do next, and Wyman Manderly!), Davos has some excellent chapters until he unfortunately vanishes until book six about halfway through book five, Jaime continues to be awesome, as does Arya, and Jon Snow turning into a hardass, cutting off Slynt's head while Stannis nods his approval in supremely awesome fashion, hanging out with a giant, and then getting ninja-stabbed by a bunch of turncloak shitheads is fantastic... am I missing anyone? Did the Damphair have a chapter, because it was probably better than some of Dany's. Even super-depressing Tyrion at least was interesting, if depressing. Oh, and Griff, despite being super-homo for Rhaegar, had an absolutely fantastic chapter with their invasion groundwork.

I guess Dany beats out Quentyn "Why Did GRRM Even Waste Time On Me?" Martell. Grats asshole, you spend the entire book finding your way to Meereen, just to get pointless killed and contribute fuck all. I could've had more Davos or Theon, but noooo, instead some guy I don't even care about spends the entire book plotting and planning for zero payoff. Really, his plan to kidnap a pair of dragons didn't work as planned? They burned him to death. Gee whiz, didn't see that shit coming.

Seriously, Quentyn contributes nothing to the story. Maybe it'll play a factor in the later books, but right now all I see is some chubby little brown guy who existed as pointless filler.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    I LOVE Dany scenes in the books...

DWD Spoilers:
    Until DWD. I really, really don't need soooo many chapters of her debating who she should fuck, especially because the guy who she REALLY wants to fuck looks like a complete tool in my head. Really, blue Trident beards are now "hawt"? That sounds like some crap the sweaty, boney emo kid you went to high school with would do after he failed to grow out of his "fight the system!" mentality on account that he isn't smart enough to do anything better with his life.

And THEN, we get the absolutely fantastic Barristan chapters only after she flies away on a dragon and I'm left thinking "holy crap, we could've tossed out a couple of pointless chapters of Dany getting all wet over some dude with a ridiculously un-awesome beard and replaced them with some Ser Barristan.

Don't get me wrong, there were some great Dany DWD chapters... but she also had a few of the absolute worst in the book, right there with Bran wankin' off in a cave to a bunch of mystical booshitbooshitbooshit. But then again, maybe it's just in comparison to some of the other content in the book. Theon and Victarion both have excellent chapters (Theon's being hands down the best in the book, if for no other reason than I want to see what Roose and Ramsay do next, and Wyman Manderly!), Davos has some excellent chapters until he unfortunately vanishes until book six about halfway through book five, Jaime continues to be awesome, as does Arya, and Jon Snow turning into a hardass, cutting off Slynt's head while Stannis nods his approval in supremely awesome fashion, hanging out with a giant, and then getting ninja-stabbed by a bunch of turncloak shitheads is fantastic... am I missing anyone? Did the Damphair have a chapter, because it was probably better than some of Dany's. Even super-depressing Tyrion at least was interesting, if depressing. Oh, and Griff, despite being super-homo for Rhaegar, had an absolutely fantastic chapter with their invasion groundwork.

I guess Dany beats out Quentyn "Why Did GRRM Even Waste Time On Me?" Martell. Grats asshole, you spend the entire book finding your way to Meereen, just to get pointless killed and contribute fuck all. I could've had more Davos or Theon, but noooo, instead some guy I don't even care about spends the entire book plotting and planning for zero payoff. Really, his plan to kidnap a pair of dragons didn't work as planned? They burned him to death. Gee whiz, didn't see that shit coming.

Seriously, Quentyn contributes nothing to the story. Maybe it'll play a factor in the later books, but right now all I see is some chubby little brown guy who existed as pointless filler.
    Hey man someone has to fail miserablely in a GRRM book. I'd rather it be the new guy.
    Plus he kind of reminded me of early sansa in a too idealistic kind of way, so while I felt bad when he got fried, it was good kind of bad.

Instead of with jon where I was like "JON pay attention to the politics! This is series about politics! DON'T BE EVERY OTHER STARK IN THE SERIES."

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Victarion is an even bigger badass than Stannis.
    When the fire priest told him healing his hand will put him through pain like he has never experienced, and then he just laughed through the entire procedure, I was like damn.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Already calling dibs on Victarion avatar

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I was very pleasantly surprised with Victarion's
    chapters. Just badass shit all day.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    NeoToma wrote: »

Right?
    He's a challenger for Anton Chigurh's title of "Ultimate Badass", some of the most fantastic chapters in the book.

Loved him fighting in full fucking plate on his longboat, simply because he doesn't fear what Davos said any man fighting in plate on a ship should fear. Was sad he roasted all those perfectly fine whores though... but now they can feast forever in the watery halls of the Drowned God, waiting for the day they can bang Theon and his new eel-dick.

Now, I know what you're wondering: What's an eel-dick?

Something you wish you had... or maybe not. It really depends on how eel-like of a quality you want your dick to have.

Comradebot on
  • Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular

Right?
    He's a challenger for Anton Chigurh's title of "Ultimate Badass", some of the most fantastic chapters in the book.

Loved him fighting in full fucking plate on his longboat, simply because he doesn't fear what Davos said any man fighting in plate on a ship should fear. Was sad he roasted all those perfectly fine whores though... but now they can feast forever in the watery halls of the Drowned God, waiting for the day they can bang Theon and his new eel-dick.

Something you wish you had... or maybe not. It really depends on how eel-like of a quality you want your dick to have.

Are we limited to a single eel-dick? Because I feel if your dick is going to have eel qualities, why limit yourself to having just one?

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    JustTee wrote: »

Right?

Are we limited to a single eel-dick? Because I feel if your dick is going to have eel qualities, why limit yourself to having just one?

Well, multiple eel-dicks starts running into Japanese cartoon territory...

But, I guess, you're allowed a second eel-dick if you've gained the favor of the Drowned God. If you were to give him some Mammoths or some shit, that might get you a second eel-dick.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Ladai wrote: »
    "pyoo pyoo! buuuurrrrssssh!"

*whatever the onamatopeia for tiny horsies galloping is*

*in a high, squeaky voice* "Charrrge."

And then, after making double-sure no one can see him, he cries a single tear, which falls on the table. "Battle called on account of rain," he mumbles.

Oh, your helmet is so big...

sig.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So it is officially renewed for a 3rd season

which is pretty much a given at this point but still

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

That is all I could have hoped for

• Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular

Oh good, so (book 3 spoilers):
    Red Wedding will definitely be a big god damn deal. I can't think of any show, book, or movie series that does something that catastrophic to its cast of its "main" characters. I seriously can't even begin to contemplate what's going to happen when that episode airs. I'm simultaneously extremely excited for, and absolutely dreading, that episode.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    JustTee wrote: »

Oh good, so (book 3 spoilers):
    Red Wedding will definitely be a big god damn deal. I can't think of any show, book, or movie series that does something that catastrophic to its cast of its "main" characters. I seriously can't even begin to contemplate what's going to happen when that episode airs. I'm simultaneously extremely excited for, and absolutely dreading, that episode.

I wonder how closely seasons 2 and 3 will map to their book counterparts, or if they'll extend it out through additional seasons.

• Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    Haven't read the books, but the series is the tits. Got hooked last week over spring break.

smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    I think that won't be until the fourth season at the earliest

heard they were taking two seasons to cover Clash

f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    Lockout wrote: »

You heard wrong. They're probably gonna do that with Storm.
    The Red Wedding is gonna be the season 3 finale. It has to be.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Specifically, the few things I heard might be shuffled concerning the end of season 2 are
    Jaime escaping/losing his hand might happen sooner, and Ramsay torching Winterfell to the ground might be pushed to season 3. But I still wouldn't call that stretching Clash over 2 seasons.

sig.gif
  • Options
    From what I remember, they haven't cast
    Meera or Jojen
    yet, have they?

• Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

Having the last episode of season 3 be the Red Wedding would just wreck people, might piss some people way too off. Maybe have have Joffrey's death and Tyrion getting arrested for it as the finale.

NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular

Having the last episode of season 3 be the Red Wedding would just wreck people, might piss some people way too off. Maybe have have Joffrey's death and Tyrion getting arrested for it as the finale.
    if people have stuck around through Ned Stark's death then they should know what's possible

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Ubik wrote: »

if people have stuck around through Ned Stark's death then they should know what's possible
    Ned Stark's death wasn't the season finale though.

• Options
    with just a bit of fudging both of those could happen at the same time

• Options
    Rolo wrote: »
    Meera or Jojen
    yet, have they?

Not that I know of.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Rolo wrote: »
    Meera or Jojen
    yet, have they?

Not that I know of.

Neither have they cast Reek.

EDIT: or the Walders.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular

yeah, looking at the episode titles for the rest of season 2, you're right

f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Ramsay torching Winterfell to the ground might be pushed to season 3.

What? No way. That's a season finale episode if I ever saw one.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited April 2012

No,
    joff's death would be a good way to end it. People would actually quit the show in droves if RW was the finale. Not even really comparable with Ned's death, it's waaaay worse. Especially since we're spending more time with Robb in the TV show than in the books.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    yeah people won't be quitting the show for stuff like that

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    They could be mean and do all the tension and build up as a season finale, make you wait.

Storm of Swords Spoilers.
    As in, Grey Wind being left outside, acting distressed, some vague hints such as shots from behind the musicians showing the crossbows, but end the episode before anything bad actually happens.

Open the next season with a brief recap of the buildup for newcomers, and to remind old hands of where we got to, then Red Wedding.
    Episode title: A Nice Day For A Red Wedding

:rotate:

• Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    They also made Sansa an even bigger bitch than the books, which is astounding considering. (I'm on episode 6)

Sansa is infinitely better on TV than in the books since she doesn't betray her father on the show

• Options
    edited April 2012

book 3
    Ending the season on the most depressing possible note with no hope in sight or satisfying moments for the fans? Yeah I can see non-readers actually not coming back for a new season, rather than just threatening to like they did when Ned died. Either way, it doesn't matter, because they won't end it like that. Ending S3 with Joffrey dying and Tyrion dropping the cup sounds pretty likely to me.

Starting Season 4 with the RW would be pretty kind since in that same season we'd be seeing the deaths of Joffrey and Tywin, which didn't come remotely close to filling the void in my soul left by the RW, but does bring some satisfaction.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    ok that was like

the grossest episode

definitely my least favorite

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    haha roz is such a bad character

• Options

book 3
    Ending the season on the most depressing possible note with no hope in sight or satisfying moments for the fans? Yeah I can see non-readers actually not coming back for a new season, rather than just threatening to like they did when Ned died. Either way, it doesn't matter, because they won't end it like that. Ending S3 with Joffrey dying and Tyrion dropping the cup sounds pretty likely to me.

Starting Season 4 with the RW would be pretty kind since in that same season we'd be seeing the deaths of Joffrey and Tywin, which didn't come remotely close to filling the void in my soul left by the RW, but does bring some satisfaction.

Honestly I can see them doing it like The Wire.
    Have the worst things happen in the second to last episode and then fall out and reshifting in the actual last episode. Wasn't the episode where Ned died the penultimate episode as well?

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

book 3

Honestly I can see them doing it like The Wire.
    Have the worst things happen in the second to last episode and then fall out and reshifting in the actual last episode. Wasn't the episode where Ned died the penultimate episode as well?

Yup.

• Options
    I really enjoyed Varys and Balon in this episode.