As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    As someone that's from Sweden himself...

Nuthin wrong with Cogs.
    Scandinavian Expys can pirate in anything that floats (in the case of Cogs, the Vitalian Brotherhood).

If anything Longships and Knights in full plate sharing a universe is anachronism at its worst.

anachronism at its worst would be if sweet child o' mine started playing as the sea bitch set sail

This is what Theon was singing when he saw his cog sailing into port

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Nuthin wrong with Cogs.
    Scandinavian Expys can pirate in anything that floats (in the case of Cogs, the Vitalian Brotherhood).

If anything Longships and Knights in full plate sharing a universe is anachronism at its worst.

anachronism at its worst would be if sweet child o' mine started playing as the sea bitch set sail

Theon does look like the kind of guy that would whip out an electric guitar at the slightest provocation.

"You insulted my honor as Ironborn, this is the kind of insult that can only be settled with an axe *whips out a electric guitar*"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Nuthin wrong with Cogs.

Theon does look like the kind of guy that would whip out an electric guitar at the slightest provocation.

"You insulted my honor as Ironborn, this is the kind of insult that can only be settled with an axe *whips out a electric guitar*"

P.S: "On we sweep with, with threshing oar
    Our only goal will be the Westeros!"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    Book 3 Spoilers:
    Just got to the part where Dany gets her army of Unsullied, and just destroys everything slaver-related. Really curious as to how they'll handle her whole "I speak High Valyrian trololololol" ploy, but man, that is one of the most satisfying twists of all time.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    JustTee wrote: »
    Book 3 Spoilers:
    Just got to the part where Dany gets her army of Unsullied, and just destroys everything slaver-related. Really curious as to how they'll handle her whole "I speak High Valyrian trololololol" ploy, but man, that is one of the most satisfying twists of all time.
    They will just have Arstan say "Hey don't let them know you speak High Valaryian"

it is pretty simple

CYpGAPn.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Okay I'm watching Garden of Bones now

Holy shit how did they manage to make Joffrey even worse of a person

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Started two new Sovereign games with the turn deadline set to 1 day, one public, one private.

http://sovereign.public.is/index.jsp

Private one is Arcadian Invasion??? with the password wang.

Public one is Fyndir's FAST Game and has no password.

Anyone that wants to get some quicker moving games going come join them.
    I have no idea what the turn deadline actually does to people who go past it, I'm just hoping the knowledge that it exists will motivate people to check the game more frequently and keep it moving.

Joined arcadian invasion.

jkZziGc.png
  • johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Started two new Sovereign games with the turn deadline set to 1 day, one public, one private.

I have no idea what the turn deadline actually does to people who go past it, I'm just hoping the knowledge that it exists will motivate people to check the game more frequently and keep it moving.

anywhere i can read the rules of this game? The board seems like westeros :P.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay I'm watching Garden of Bones now

Holy shit how did they manage to make Joffrey even worse of a person

I despised Joffrey in the books but he is one of my favourite characters to see in the show. Jack Gleeson is just so good at being a despicable psychopath.

Plus whenever Joffrey does something really dickish I can't help thinking of that photo of Gleeson in the tennis outfit and it cracks me up.

edit: ahh here it is. I love it so much

ienOWm.jpg

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    oh my god if there's a worse character than this overacting fire bitch with her ren-faire dye job and her cervix-to-heir missiles I haven't heard of it

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Self righteous nurse?

Fuck off and die.
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    oh my god if there's a worse character than this overacting fire bitch with her ren-faire dye job and her cervix-to-heir missiles I haven't heard of it

like those whole post wasn't just an excuse to say cervix-to-heir missiles

(brilliant)

anyway i thought she got better in the later episodes, her introduction was terrible though

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Cervix to heir missile is officially added to my lexicon forever.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm trying to imagine situations where it could be used.

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    cervix-to-heir missiles, this is gold right here folks

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    johnwing wrote: »

If there is I never found it, I've been trying to learn by doing and so far I have no idea what's happening.

• GalyGaly Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    I'm trying to imagine situations where it could be used.

On her latest trip to North Korea, Hilary Clinton threatened Kim Jong-un with her cervix-to-heir missiles.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • blixaphonicsblixaphonics the french champagne Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    johnwing wrote: »

If there is I never found it, I've been trying to learn by doing and so far I have no idea what's happening.

they've got a facebook group that answers quite a lot of questions and has a little FAQ section in the 'about' area, if i recall correctly. also if you leave your mouse on basically anything on the board it tells you what's up.

added note: if i'm the only one who knows what's going on, this should be easy. of course now my hubris will be undoing. nooooooo....

here we go: http://www.facebook.com/webofthrones/info

nice little break-down of the basics for anyone who's new to the game.

blixaphonics on
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    All I know is in the one game I'm in where some combat is happening my ass is getting firmly kicked, and I don't know how to make it stop.

Fucking Stags.

i swear there should be a time-zone setting for this game where the rules of space and time are bent so everyone is able to put their orders in at roughly the same time.

in fact i will suggest that to the creator and see if he has any ancient artifacts capable of changing the rotation of the sun, just to make that possible. i assume that would achieve the necessary results and not create world-ending tidal waves and etc. it'd almost be worth it to get through an entire game in a couple of days before the tsunami hit.

also on a more actual 'game of thrones' related topic: brienne is ridiculously attractive in this show. something about women in armour who are taller than me. i've been reading the D&D boards and everyone is bitching about the jon snow/dany storylines... do they not understand, y'know, plots building up to stuff? perhaps not, actually.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Brienne is pretty much spot-on for how I pictured her, although she's not supposed to be attractive at all.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    Brienne is pretty much spot-on for how I pictured her, although she's not supposed to be attractive at all.

Bad guys have got most of the sexy dudes as is, I'm okay with the good guys getting a comely Brienne.

[IMG][/img]
    Be interesting to see how they do (Feast spoilers)
    her face being half ripped off by Biter

on that note, Tyrion's wounds from the battle of the Blackwater too. I imagine it's hard to make it look like an actor has no nose, even with the quality of make-up these days.

Probably just going to put a scar on it, if they do anything.

Dagmar Cleftjaw fell a little short of how disfigured he was supposed t be as well.

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular

Nuthin wrong with Cogs.

Val Hallen, Nordic god of rock nods approvingly.

Val_Hallen_by_D_MAC.jpg

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Well, how did they handle Davos' short fingers?

I doubt the dude had half a hand before they got a hold of him.

[IMG][/img]
    Davos wears gloves, you don't see his fingers often.

They just haven't shown his hand clearly, as far as I've noticed

Well, how did they handle Ned Stark being decapitated?

I doubt Sean Bean was already decapitated before they got a hold of him

Hrmmm...
    I guess CGI's always an option, if conventional makeup isn't.

Open wounds are feasible, though I dunno if it's possible to make it look like somebody's lost half their nose with it.

I dunno. Worst case scenario, Dinklage gets to keep his nose.

[IMG][/img]
    Hunter wrote: »
    Well, how did they handle Ned Stark being decapitated?

I doubt Sean Bean was already decapitated before they got a hold of him

Well, let's be fair here, Sean Bean has suffered many a death.

[IMG][/img]
    They didn't make Dinklage do backflips and acrobatics in the first season when they were at Winterhold, so I don't see a problem not doing everything 100% by the book

• GalyGaly Registered User regular
    Book 2 spoiler everbody is talking about:
    It would be a crime to disfigure a face as handsome as Dinkelage's, even for the sake of the story.

I bet it's just a temporary wound that heals up early in season 3.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Aww but then they'd lose the greatest line in the series.
    You have the wrong man! I'm a different dwarf with a hideous facial scar!

sig.gif
    this latest episode sucked due to lack of #THE_JOFF

i could live without
    noseless tyrion
    in season 3.

but only if it meant saving FX/CGI budget for
    dead robb stark with grey wind's head.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    One thing they could do for Tyrion
    give him a prosthetic nose. Just this big ugly metal thing that he has to wear at all times after that point.

sig.gif
    edited May 2012
    i could live without
    noseless tyrion
    in season 3.

they've already leaked images of that scene
    xua70.jpg

Brolo on
    Rolo wrote: »
    i could live without
    noseless tyrion
    in season 3.

they've already leaked images of that scene
    xua70.jpg

that is literally just as i imagined it. if HBO just suddenly did a flash-cut to a still image of that picture i'd be pretty satisfied. also a nice way to cut costs a bit.