As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    All of my nightmares in a single image. Impressive.

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Maaaan...

Even when Robb
    is dead and horribly mutilated, he gets all the chicks.

Or should I say bitches?

I said this in the wrong thread, I think the costumes in this show are unbelievable. I especially loved the outfits the Iron Islander ship crews were wearing, they looked like armour-plated oilskin suits with hoods and everything.

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Indeed. Sets, props and costumes on the show have really impressed me so far.

• blixaphonicsblixaphonics the french champagne Registered User regular
    the moment i saw sandor clegane's hound helm i was sold forever on the costume-design for this show.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    What?!?! The Iron Men sail cogs? Outrage! Sacrilege!

There can be no iron price paid by a man who takes his house to sea.

Yeah, that was such bullshit. I hope it's only the Sea Bitch, and it's just an additional insult to Theon.

If all the Iron Fleet is made up of cogs, I say we get all the Scandinavians together, build some long ships and sail over and sack HBO's monasteries. And take their gold.

HBO is inland bro.
    lolwhatomg.jpg

What the fuck is that from?

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Seems to be something called the Vinland Saga.
    http://www.viedegeek.fr/article/critique-manga-vinland-saga-tome-1/

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    It's actually really good, once you get past the first silly chapter or two

Same dude wrote Planetes, iirc

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    damn it it's happening again

too many spoilers I can't click on goin maaad

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Darian wrote: »
    Seems to be something called the Vinland Saga.
    http://www.viedegeek.fr/article/critique-manga-vinland-saga-tome-1/

This manga is excellent (not to mention historically sound minus some artistic license) by the way. Not typical manga fare at all

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I said this in the wrong thread, I think the costumes in this show are unbelievable. I especially loved the outfits the Iron Islander ship crews were wearing, they looked like armour-plated oilskin suits with hoods and everything.

I haven't read the books so I don't know if they really go into describing what people wear but

I am consistently impressed at all the outfits for every person/group. They do an amazing job of setting apart different factions, and also making really baller shit for individuals to make them stand out for themselves

I'm most impressed that they make these ridiculously nice costumes and then don't even show them off.

Like if I was directing I would not be able to resist a long pan up every new faction's totally boss armor. Especially that new armor of Stannis's crew

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    At some point I was watching a video on how they made Renly's suit of armour.

Can't find it now but that thing was fucking insane, and kept mostly underneath that big old cloak.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular

Theon does look like the kind of guy that would whip out an electric guitar at the slightest provocation.

"You insulted my honor as Ironborn, this is the kind of insult that can only be settled with an axe *whips out a electric guitar*"

P.S: "On we sweep with, with threshing oar
    Our only goal will be the Westeros!"

HA!

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I looove all the costumes and sets. It is one of my favourite things about HBO shows, Deadwood and The Borgias were the same. On repeat watchings I like to pause and really take in all the details. It amazes me that they design, create and place just so much fantastic crap in the background of a scene that'll only be used once, for 3 minutes or something, and where all the viewers are going to be focussed on the characters.

That's the wonder of having a budget I guess. Man I would love to play in their props/costumes store.

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    The costumes are great, but the Stark soldiers' onion helmets don't exactly inspire confidence.

Fuck off and die.
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I'm most impressed that they make these ridiculously nice costumes and then don't even show them off.

Like if I was directing I would not be able to resist a long tilt up every new faction's totally boss armor. Especially that new armor of Stannis's crew

A pan is horizontal.

• SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    A tilt would look funny though, you'd end up looking up their nostrils.
    Kana wrote:

Like if I was directing I would not be able to resist a long ped up every new faction's totally boss armor. Especially that new armor of Stannis's crew

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
    oh shut up

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Just watched this week's, that was a great episode! Not much action but Qarth was super fancy and weird to look at, Brienne was cool, Harrenhal stuff was rad and everything with Tyrion/Bronn was just great. Tyrion had some brilliant lines ("Tell Bronn to please kill you if anything should happen to me") and his tiny litter was just adorable.

I'm also constantly amazed at how many male hotties there are in this show. I think I have a thing for grubby men in medieval outfits.

• IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    A tilt would look funny though, you'd end up looking up their nostrils.
    Kana wrote:

Like if I was directing I would not be able to resist a long ped up every new faction's totally boss armor. Especially that new armor of Stannis's crew

Ah, of course.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    tywin continues to be completely excellent

Tywin is great. And I love Charles Dance's voice. I have a dream of Alan Rickman being cast in this show so he and Dance can just talk at each other forever.

emily can never remember tywin's name so I started referring to him as "The Butcher King" and now I think that's about a thousand times cooler

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    They didn't make Dinklage do backflips and acrobatics in the first season when they were at Winterhold, so I don't see a problem not doing everything 100% by the book

To be fair, by the time you finish the books this seems so out of character for Tyrion that I completely forget it even happens.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Tywin seemed like he was smiling at Arya in this last episode.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    It looked like he approved of her thinly veiled threat

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    emily can never remember tywin's name so I started referring to him as "The Butcher King" and now I think that's about a thousand times cooler

I'm trying to think of something from the books that would lead to that reference and I don't think I have anything.

Fill me in? Am I just being forgetful?

edited May 2012
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »

I'm trying to think of something from the books that would lead to that reference and I don't think I have anything.

Fill me in? Am I just being forgetful?

When we first see Tywin in the show he's butchering an elk (deer?) carcass.

later books spoilers

there actually is a minor character who's called the Butcher King (Cleon the Great), but he won't show up in the show for another year or two

Brolo on
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    I think the part where he's butchering the deer is his first on-screen appearance in the show

thenews.jpg
    when they introduce him in season 1 he's butchering a deer the entire time he's berating jamie

which led to a joke I made about a fat little stereotypical king, all white beard and ermine robe, who blunders in during the monologue all "Jamie! My most precious son, pride of my life!" and then shoos off Tywin by like jabbing at him with his scepter all "Get out of here, you butcher! Back to your butching!"

I hope they come up with a score for that The Rains of whatever song

Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I hope they come up with a score for that The Rains of whatever song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0xu7P-zzsk&feature=related

this is not really what I imagined

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Oh, cool, that sounds pretty similar to a story Sam tells Jon in the books about his father?

Glad to know my mind is still functional, thanks. 8->

yeah I guess they applied it to Tywin because Sam's dad is kind of who cares and Tywin rules

don't hate on Randall Tarly

he's King Dick around these parts

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'd rather hear The Bear and the Maiden Fair.

A BEAR A BEAR ALL COVERED IN HAAIIIIIRRRRRR

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    A BEAR?!