As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Simcity] Where discussion of water pollution and power grids is normal.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    I wasn't planning on getting this game. "The cities are too small!", I told myself. "EA is the devil, and Origin their portal to microtransactional hell". "There's no way this can capture the magic of old Sim City games". I was firm in my convictions to wait it out.

Then I watched 10 hours of Sim City live streams. Then the download was only $45 on Amazon.

Then somehow Origin was reinstalled on my system.

What is going on???
    No idea how much MP I'll play, but in case I do end up jumping into some mega community with PA folks, my Origin tag is Carb0nFire

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    damnit jdarksun, i posted before your original post and you have not added me! Why do you hate me so? *sob*

ps-adeptpenguin

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    16, but yeah.

There were 17 people on the list when I looked at it?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    damnit jdarksun, i posted before your original post and you have not added me! Why do you hate me so? *sob*

ps-adeptpenguin
    Fixed!

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    I am so excited for this game now after watching those live streams (topical - LOL at Origin dropping them near the end of Green City's stream).

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Are these streams saved somewhere?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    You can see them on the letsallbemayor.com website, just go to the bottom right and pick which city and it will load that city's stream.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Awesome.

Got everyone added so far.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I am roklam on Origin. I added a bunch of peeps already

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    The staggered release is going to kill me, I know on the 5th when I see my friends list pop up with people playing and I have to wait for the 7th I will die a little on the inside.
    And it is even worse for those in the UK.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    diannaochong on origin. I've never *used* origin before, are there groups like steam? I hate adding people that I dont know in real life if I cant corral them into groups.

edit: AHAHAHHAHAHAHA got to the part in the stream where origin goes down and makes them force close. You just see the stream screen go black.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    The staggered release is going to kill me, I know on the 5th when I see my friends list pop up with people playing and I have to wait for the 7th I will die a little on the inside.
    And it is even worse for those in the UK.

Australia. We have to wait until the 8th. Once again, it apparently takes 3 days to flip all the bits upside down to be compatible with our southern-hemisphere intertubes.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    diannaochong on origin. I've never *used* origin before, are there groups like steam? I hate adding people that I dont know in real life if I cant corral them into groups.
    Origin is like XBL without meta tags. It's terrible.

• Options
    We are going to make at least one private full size region right? Anyone want to be the designated guy to make it?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Is there anything on origin that says what time it's supposed to go live on tuesday? I'm looking but not seeing anything.

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm game for probably the second region, as getting the bits into the EU takes until the 8th too.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    So, there's a thread on the official forums where a guy got to like 230k population in about 2 hours, buuut because he had to neglect education to do it, his workers caused a meltdown in the nuclear power plant and wiped out a quarter of his city, and that section wasn't instantly recoverable due to lingering radiation.

Nice to see that a rush strat is actually a gamble.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'll be interested in running a region, though to call it a competitive official region might not be a good idea as real life takes me away from games for blocks of the calendar occasionally.

I have an idea for a Turtle speed only region. Anyone else crazy enough to be interested in that?

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I'd eventually be interested in making a "competitive" region. Are we talking like against each other, or our region is a team? If our region is a team, we should probably wait until we figure out the metagame better so we do have like a couple people screwing the pooch because they weren't effective enough (read: me)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wow, the regions thing looks pretty neat.

ooh, discovery delta looks awesome, that gets my vote for a pa region

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, in the last beta there was a leader board that I didn't waste any of my limited time to look at. But it was there!

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I'd be down for some multiplayer. I'm PRETTY SURE my Origin name is Extreaminatus.

I'll double-check when I get home from work in the morning.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Jdark, put me in your glorious spreadsheet!

Origin ID = Hardtarget24
    (which is bullshit since Hardtarget is also my EA name but for whatever reason origin defaulted to one of my other EA personas, grrr)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    DockenDocken Registered User regular
    heya definitely sign me up for this: docken is also my Origin ID.

We might consider also specifying where in the world we are in the spreadsheet?? Just in case we want our fellow city builders logging on at roughly the same times as us?

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    antherem wrote: »
    9 PM: "Well, OK, I'll try this out for a bit."
    11:50 PM: "Simcity server shutting down in 600 seconds." "WAIT NO I JUST GOT A COLLEGE"

Did I miss it or is there not a terrain raise/lower tool? It seemed difficult-to-impossible to build roads going up the side of the mountain in the mining town area, even if i made cool switchback curvy roads. Also, you can make cool switchback curvy roads.

wait until you get the same message in single player retail

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Oh hey, are we doing an Origin list for MP region shenanigans? Thow me in too!

Um, as soon as I get home and look up what my Origin ID is :?

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Origin ID : Dusda.

<3

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    In another example of the UK getting robbed and plundered (if only there was a single word to describe that) the digital deluxe version is £65 on Origin. By todays exchange rate that is $98. The Limited edition is £45. Yet over on Amazon, you can pre-order the hard copy Limited Edition for £35.

What. the. fuck?

• Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    I'll add my origin name tonight when I get home. Wasn't planning on getting the game right away, but the deal from amazon was too good to pass up.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Broke down and pre-ordered this on Amazon (yay Amazon fun bucks I got for my birthday last month). Dunno what my Origin name is, as I login with my email and the site welcomes me by my real name.

EDIT: When I go to the screen to download the client, it informs me that my Origin name is Nightslyr.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Origin name - DigitalSyn

I am in EST timezone.

DigitalSyn on
    Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Yep. Origin name is now Extreaminatus.

• Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Yep. Origin name is now Extreaminatus.

Unable to find you good sir. Might take a while for Origin to update though.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    Can't find @Extreaminatus or @Nightslyr, but I added everyone else.

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Wow, the regions thing looks pretty neat.

That atoll map speaks to me.

• Options
    @jdarksun
    Docken wrote: »
    heya definitely sign me up for this: docken is also my Origin ID.

We might consider also specifying where in the world we are in the spreadsheet?? Just in case we want our fellow city builders logging on at roughly the same times as us?

Sounds like a good idea to me, if it's not too much trouble, just adding a column for time zone/country. Heck, I'll do it if I'm giving glorious editing rights. :)

And if I'm not to be doing it, but the idea is adopted, let it be on record I am in MST.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    I'm GrimmyTOA on Origin as well as here. Eastern time zone.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Can't find @Extreaminatus or @Nightslyr, but I added everyone else.

Are you InkSplat on there? I'll try friending you.

This discussion has been closed.