As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Understood. Hence the apology. We're all mixed in here together and we're going to get differing opinions.

Kind of curious that if there are maps specifically not suited to 64 man play, why people are playing them with 64 players...Isn't that just creating more problems?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Metro is awful with 64 people in it. People play it for the points. People play it because vehicles scare them. People play it because they're dumb.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Today is first day of rented servers on the Box...And there are an insane number of metro 24/7 servers. I think it's a shitfest with 24 players. I can't even imagine what it becomes with 64. Metro is the only map I don't enjoy playing.

Mulletude on
  • Options
    KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Today is first day of rented servers on the Box...And there are an insane number of metro 24/7 servers. I think it's a shitfest with 24 players. I can't even imagine what it becomes with 64. Metro is the only map I don't enjoy playing.

give it a while. I think most of us enjoy playing so take the complaints for love. it's just difficult when one game is balanced for completely different experiences. I assume the servers are 24 player only? a bunch of the maps just become a shit fest with 60+ players and laser accuracy.

Kogareru on
    GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I really don't mean to be condescending but you haven't experienced Metro until you've played it at 64 players, back at full USAS strength with accompanying 320s and SMAW/RPGs.

Michael Bay couldn't fucking handle it.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    AuberonAuberon Registered User regular
    I really don't mean to be condescending but you haven't experienced Metro until you've played it at 64 players, back at full USAS strength with accompanying 320s and SMAW/RPGs.

What, like this (look at that suppression)?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5dH8Z0k0w4

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I'd love to be playing this, except most of the time when I try to join a game it sticks at "Joining server" until I restart my browser several times, and when I finally get into one, the game crashes when I die. So that's fun. Was able to play plenty fine at launch and a few months after.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    No explosives Metro isn't too awful. The main problem then is just how unbalanced the map is. Unless RU is just completely brain dead they're guaranteed a win, even without explosives.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I'm coming back to Battlefield after leaving BC2 for BLOPS and MW3. Why is it people forget they have a spot button? In BC2 you couldn't spawn with out being spotted. Yet no one seems to do it here. Makes using the Mortor a bit annoying since I have no half the time where they are located.

• Options
    trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    ....Why is it people forget they have a spot button? In BC2 you couldn't spawn with out being spotted. Yet no one seems to do it here.

First few months of BFBC2 weren't too hot with the spotting, but after a while it became more like the norm. Same with smoke nades as well, at first I never saw them, but by the time I left it was rare that there wasn't someone running with them

McGough_EA.png
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm coming back to Battlefield after leaving BC2 for BLOPS and MW3. Why is it people forget they have a spot button? In BC2 you couldn't spawn with out being spotted. Yet no one seems to do it here. Makes using the Mortor a bit annoying since I have no half the time where they are located.

The spot mechanic does not appear through objects, unlike BC2. People are probably spotting, but it's not in your direct line of sight so you can't see the markers.

Also the heavy brake in jets is the best thing for ASM or Rocket Pods. Plus Metro is fun now, on Rush. Suppress the whole damn subway so your buddies can plant the charges. It's awesome.

• Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Warcry wrote: »

The spot mechanic does not appear through objects, unlike BC2. People are probably spotting, but it's not in your direct line of sight so you can't see the markers.

Also the heavy brake in jets is the best thing for ASM or Rocket Pods. Plus Metro is fun now, on Rush. Suppress the whole damn subway so your buddies can plant the charges. It's awesome.

Right, the dorito disappears from your HUD when you lose line of sight but they're still lit up on the minimap. Always keep an eye on the minimap.

I think this is the reason for people not spotting that much in BF3. In BC2 as soon as you saw someone you'd spot because you knew it would help you to keep track of him even when he was darting in and out of cover. In this game it isn't that much of an help for the spotting player (even though it's still a tremendous help for the team) so people don't spot. That's my theory at least.

Also, they finally fixed that fucking bug where you needed to keep spotting on Q for it to work with a quick tap. I can finally spot shit!! I will celebrate this by still not spot things because its so hard-coded in me that it doesn't work =P

Movitz on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    870 with flash suppressor and flechette is awesome

that is all

• Options
    Technicus RexTechnicus Rex All your base.Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    wakkawa wrote: »
    I highly doubt that.

Actually, since its only one building I bet shit is less likely to be blown up.

The Karkand maps have way more destructibility than the originals.
    DICE already said that in the CQC maps a TON of shit is destructible. I bet you can tear down everything but the outer walls and some "main" stuff.

I wont be satisfied until every building can be completly demolished. Imagine a tank heavy map that starts each round as a small village and by the end its just a flattened expanse of rubble, even better for effect when just one or two random buildings remain and you are left wondering how did they not get destroyed. =]
    lol I havnt played BF3 since ME3 came out but I'll have to fire it up to check out these new maps.

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazi's. You can't trust people. - Super Hans.
  • Options
    Klyka wrote: »
    wakkawa wrote: »
    I highly doubt that.

Actually, since its only one building I bet shit is less likely to be blown up.

The Karkand maps have way more destructibility than the originals.
    DICE already said that in the CQC maps a TON of shit is destructible. I bet you can tear down everything but the outer walls and some "main" stuff.

I wont be satisfied until every building can be completly demolished. Imagine a tank heavy map that starts each round as a small village and by the end its just a flattened expanse of rubble, even better for effect when just one or two random buildings remain and you are left wondering how did they not get destroyed. =]
    lol I havnt played BF3 since ME3 came out but I'll have to fire it up to check out these new maps.

What you want sounds a lot like some maps in BC2 and it's boring as shit when there's nothing to hide behind at all. That's the reason I never play more then 500 ticket servers in BF3. But to each his own and so on.

• Options
    I

If only I had the moneys. BC2 was the first battlefield I didn't play on PC. I'm just happy I get a close approximation of the experiance.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular

They're trying to get you to be useful by getting out of the mortar.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options

They're trying to get you to be useful by getting out of the mortar.

Since MAV boosting up on top of the Hotel building on Karkand became a thing I've had some excellent trolling rounds using the mortar (god knows you can't kill for shit with it) so it had its uses. I heard that you can't MAV boost any more now though.

• Options
    Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    [quote="Movitz;22696175"Since MAV boosting up on top of the Hotel building on Karkand became a thing I've had some excellent trolling rounds using the mortar (god knows you can't kill for shit with it) so it had its uses. I heard that you can't MAV boost any more now though.

[/quote]

You can still MAV boost. It isn't as easy as it once was, but still doable.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Clearly the simple fucking solution is to make friendly units intangible to the MAV. This would also mean that the MAV didn't fucking die every time someone ran in front of it, which is annoying when trying to guide it through certain doorways.

Warcry on
  • Options
    Doorways are my bane in this game. At least a third of my deaths are a result of awkward Three Stooges moments where I get stuck in a doorway with someone else and we both get gunned down.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I spent the first half of every match C4ing doorways

I consider it a public service

override367 on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

You know what would be a good public sevice also?

On seine and bazarr- missle the crap out of the third story of buildings near points.

I can then park a completely safe MAV up there and we all benefit.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    mojojoeo wrote: »

On seine and bazarr- missle the crap out of the third story of buildings near points.

I just missile every building I can on every map. Yeah, I'm that guy.

• Options
    Blendtec wrote: »

Flowchart it up.

Step 1) Is there a teammate in that building?
    Step 2) Do I have a weapon capable of destroying walls?
    Step 3) If yes, fuck that shit up.
    Step 4) If no, complain about suppression.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

You gotta love that high-quality French architecture. Half of my Seine kills come from raining debris down on the poor orange doritos in the street.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    If 64-player Metro were a woman, I'd take her home and make sweet, sweet love to her every night.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

Flowchart it up.

Step 1) Is there a teammate in that building?
    Step 2) Do I have a weapon capable of destroying walls?
    Step 3) If yes, fuck that shit up.
    Step 4) If no, complain about suppression.

4 made me laugh harder than it should have.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Fairchild wrote: »
    If 64-player Metro were a woman, I'd take her home and make sweet, sweet love to her every night.

You have poor tastes in women...

Lt Muffin360 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Good golly gosh.

I wish I had tried the AN-94 sooner. Loving this gun to bits but I will be damned if the iron sights aren't the worst things ever. Need to unlock some new sights for this thing pronto.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I keep getting kicked for Punkbuster violations. Worked fine last night, tried to play a game today, nothing has changed since, never hacked. Anyone else have this problem?

"Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Blendtec' (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (IGNORING QUERIES) #9006"

Blendtec on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Good golly gosh.

I wish I had tried the AN-94 sooner. Loving this gun to bits but I will be damned if the iron sights aren't the worst things ever. Need to unlock some new sights for this thing pronto.

High five. I saw the light with this gun the other day. Anything 4x and greater + the 2-round mode puts prosnipers and hill humpers down like a boss with no scope glare. I was skeptical at first, but for medium- to long-range fights it's the best. I really need to listen to people's recommendations more.

Except for the A-91. That gun sucks.

• Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    oh Hey,
    I keep getting kicked for Punkbuster violations. Worked fine last night, tried to play a game today, nothing has changed since, never hacked. Anyone else have this problem?

"Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Blendtec' (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (IGNORING QUERIES) #9006"

teh googlez seem to suggest reinstalling punkbuster and restarting your compooter

• Options
    In the early days the A-91 was easy to get and
    Fairchild wrote: »

You have poor tastes in women...

I can't hear you over the sound of her awesomeness.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Good golly gosh.

High five. I saw the light with this gun the other day. Anything 4x and greater + the 2-round mode puts prosnipers and hill humpers down like a boss with no scope glare. I was skeptical at first, but for medium- to long-range fights it's the best. I really need to listen to people's recommendations more.

The AN-94 is decent. Sadly it is set for the 2-round burst as a default and that is quite annoying. While the full auto is kinda slow, it improved with the patch.

The A-91 was great. It now has extra horizontal recoil, so it kinda lost its medium-to-long range performance. It still behaves well in close quarters but it feels like the SiG 553 now.

A few of the carbines feel like R6: Vegas 2 assault rifles. Bleh!

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Good golly gosh.

The AN-94 is decent. Sadly it is set for the 2-round burst as a default and that is quite annoying. While the full auto is kinda slow, it improved with the patch.

The A-91 was great. It now has extra horizontal recoil, so it kinda lost its medium-to-long range performance. It still behaves well in close quarters but it feels like the SiG 553 now.

A few of the carbines feel like R6: Vegas 2 assault rifles. Bleh!

Did

did you seriously just condemn the AN-94 for being set to 2-round burst and then recommend using it on full-auto

what in the fuck are you doing

And no, the A-91 did not get changed in the patch. The values are exactly the same as they were in the beta, essentially. The foregrip got worse.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Haha, I didn't even contemplate the fact that I could possibly change firing modes on the AN-94.

*edit* Not that I would even want to mind you. The burst is perfect to me.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The AN-94 is a semi-auto that happens to fire 2 rounds per trigger pull. Anyone who says otherwise is derp.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    No, I mean it should be on full auto by default. 2-round bursts are not good in crowded places.

Man, I'm a fan of the gun. I'm just saying it is not M16A4.

Edit: How do you say "derp" in Russian? :)

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    It has a higher rate of fire on burst mode...and the recoil comes after the second round is fired so both hit the same spot...

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png