As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    emp123 wrote: »
    My favorite support guns were the 45 rounders.

While I like the stopping power of the starting Russian support gun, I much prefer the accuracy of the American one. I dont know if either of those are actual things or if thats just in my head though.

They both deal assault rifle damage (25-18.4). The RPK also has less vertical recoil and a smaller first shot recoil multiplier.

Plus, you know, a bugged 200 round magazine that reloads in 3.0 seconds or 4.0 empty.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    I have had this on the 360 for a bit but have been seeing some of my console bros playing this I'm going to give this game another shot.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Yes, johnny! Shoot man's with me. I think mech wolf has it too.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

While I like the stopping power of the starting Russian support gun, I much prefer the accuracy of the American one. I dont know if either of those are actual things or if thats just in my head though.

They both deal assault rifle damage (25-18.4). The RPK also has less vertical recoil and a smaller first shot recoil multiplier.

Plus, you know, a bugged 200 round magazine that reloads in 3.0 seconds or 4.0 empty.

People badmouth the starting weapons all the time, or at least ignore them simply because they think they are inferior. The funny part is that they are just about the best all around guns in the game. Before the patch the AKs kind of sucked a little next to the M4/16/27 but post patch, they are the poster children for playing battlefield. Afterwords the guns get more specialized and better for some people's play style. That is developed not bestowed, however.

The fact that the RPK is the best support gun, hands down, right now is hilarious because I almost never get killed with it. I still get killed more with the PKP, post patch than the RPK. That first gun stigma really hangs around, even if they are statistically the best guns in the game.

Edit: I have more to say. Stay tuned

I think I have finally come to terms with what happened after the patch. All of the chaos from the changes fucked with my poor little stoner brain a little too much. I have been realizing more and more that this patch made the game far more nuanced and subtle. Gone are gigaOP combos like AEK, Silencer, Forgrip. Sure we still have the mass, but overall you have much more balance. It took me a while, but I think I have found my niche on most maps now. Firestorm is no longer fun for me. The changes to the guns and the new FUCKASS of suppression make it far harder for me to run and gun between the 3 middle flags, you poke your head out and you are instantly unable to hit a target 50 meters away. Most maps I feel it has improved, though. Bazaar is like this magic new world again.

That_Guy on
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular

Like I said, I havent used it since the patch but before it felt like the M27 was more accurate but less powerful while the RPK was the other way around. However, checking Battlelog, apparently Im more accurate with the RPK and I killed faster with the M27 despite missing so...

ITT we learn feelings are bullshit.

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Turns out 1500 ticket gulf is just way too much fucking gulf.

Ramming snipers on the towers is always fun though/

• DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    What is the MASS bug?

• heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    So the other day i upgraded my processor, motherboard, ram, and got an ssd, now i cant play battlefield...it just gets stuck in joining server if i try to play mp and initializing if i try campaing...any tips?
    i have windows and bf3 on the ssd...

i5-2500k
    mobo as rock z77 extreme 4
    saphire hd 6870
    ocz agility 3 60gig ssd
    ram corsaire xms3 8 gig

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Daemonion wrote: »
    What is the MASS bug?

Heavy barrel affects the damage. More drastic in the G3.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    heckels wrote: »
    So the other day i upgraded my processor, motherboard, ram, and got an ssd, now i cant play battlefield...it just gets stuck in joining server if i try to play mp and initializing if i try campaing...any tips?
    i have windows and bf3 on the ssd...

i5-2500k
    mobo as rock z77 extreme 4
    saphire hd 6870
    ocz agility 3 60gig ssd
    ram corsaire xms3 8 gig

You might have a problem if you've got your CPU overclocked. I've got an i5 CPU and the game hitches like crazy for some inexplicable reason if I have it overclocked. That's the only thing I can think of.

• heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    Nope everything is stock and I don't have amy problems cept battlefield won't start...like before when I clicked on bf3 it would run origin and open battlelog...now it just runs origin...

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    What is the MASS bug?

Does this work on most guns?
    Me and Johnny were playing a game last night and some dude was basically 1-shotting us at any distance with an M26 DART and it was super frustrating.

• GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    Yes, it works on any AR that has a Heavy Barrel. It is quite aggravating, because I enjoy Conquest on Operation Metro but now at least 3-4 people a match are abusing the glitch.

It was amusing last night when I sent a guy a message saying "lol glitch" when he killed me all the way down a hallway in one shot with it, after which he stopped using it.

Also, my battlelog still isn't giving me progress on B2K unlocks, and I got plenty of revives and heals last night...

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    What is the MASS bug?

Does this work on most guns?
    Me and Johnny were playing a game last night and some dude was basically 1-shotting us at any distance with an M26 DART and it was super frustrating.

Meant to increase accuracy at longer ranges and increase recoil. I don't think it's supposed to affect damage, just accuracy.

DietarySupplement on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    It turns each individual pellet (of which there are 12) into one of the rifle's rounds as fired from the rifle. You essentially have a 12-barreled G3 or whatever you've got it attached to when you use the glitch.

u4OkoEI.png
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Also, my battlelog still isn't giving me progress on B2K unlocks, and I got plenty of revives and heals last night...

According to your battlelog you don't have B2K. On your profile look next to your age and there should be a B2K. I don't see one on yours.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    furlion wrote: »

According to your battlelog you don't have B2K. On your profile look next to your age and there should be a B2K. I don't see one on yours.

Yeah, I've been looking all over for that (I saw people with that B2K on the forums). I bought it on XBL, so I don't understand why it isn't working for me. Stupid EA with their stupid stuff...

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I am good at planeing

PLAAAN.png

Check out that landing, USAF recruiters if you're reading this I'm available

override367 on
    The best use for an F-35 in both BF3 and real life!

New birgirpall video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ugFEy1pOCQ

u4OkoEI.png
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I am good at planeing

PLAAAN.png

How'd you manage that without exploding from getting within a hundred feet of some of those invincible telephone poles and light posts? I swear if it weren't for that I'd be a good pilot.

My iPad came in today and is waiting for me at home.
    Diablo 3 has open beta this weekend.

But no, I want to shoot stupid people with BFbros on 360 all night (and maybe tomorrow morning, too). I am going to be lighting up the surround sound and turning it up to 11 (more likely 22 or 33, 11 is pretty quiet). Dug, Mink, Johnny, Other bros I expect to see you all there, I'll be getting started around 6 or so PST.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    I am good at planeing

PLAAAN.png

How'd you manage that without exploding from getting within a hundred feet of some of those invincible telephone poles and light posts? I swear if it weren't for that I'd be a good pilot.

It was actually pretty goddamn ridiculous, I was hovering next to the house on the other side, a helicopter bumped me and the nose of the plane went through the wall, I killed a sniper inside with the plane's cannon, and then when I tried to ascend (with the nose still inside the building) it flipped and landed like that and I hit E and the flipping plane launched my like a catapult

I am good at planeing

PLAAAN.png

Still trying to get the hang of BF coming from MW, but MAN does this game look good. That much I can appreciate already.

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    So wait, the planes aren't supposed to be put into the buildings?

steam_sig.png
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    No they're supposed to go into helicopters and people. duh

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    I dunno how I'm supposed to get my jet into a helicopter when they always explode seconds after take off

steam_sig.png
  • DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    It turns each individual pellet (of which there are 12) into one of the rifle's rounds as fired from the rifle. You essentially have a 12-barreled G3 or whatever you've got it attached to when you use the glitch.
    That sounds hilarious.

• EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    I dunno how I'm supposed to get my jet into a helicopter when they always explode seconds after take off

Well obviously this was before the patch :)

OH! I know, try hitting the choppers whilst they're still on the ground waiting for a pilot! Genius!

• rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    older birgirpall video

http://youtu.be/SgrnXu6-Ls4

rRootagea on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    This M26 Mass fad is really irritating.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    I am so very upset right now. My precious Blackwidow keyboard bit the dust tonight. Pronounced her dead at 11:45pm. Cause of death is a massive internal hemorrhage leaving it stuck in "razer bootloader" mode. I let the BIOS update run for about 4 passes before calling it.

I am going to call Razer tomorrow and try to get it warrantied. Maybe they will be cool like logitech and do the first replacement with no questions asked, just send it out in the mail. Until than I am stuck with this 10 year old dell rubber dome keyboard. It feels like I am trying on..... god I can't even think of a good analogy, it's just really really bad.

I don't know how I am going to play battlefield with this.

• WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I am so very upset right now. My precious Blackwidow keyboard bit the dust tonight. Pronounced her dead at 11:45pm. Cause of death is a massive internal hemorrhage leaving it stuck in "razer bootloader" mode. I let the BIOS update run for about 4 passes before calling it.

I am going to call Razer tomorrow and try to get it warrantied. Maybe they will be cool like logitech and do the first replacement with no questions asked, just send it out in the mail. Until than I am stuck with this 10 year old dell rubber dome keyboard. It feels like I am trying on..... god I can't even think of a good analogy, it's just really really bad.

I TOLD YOU ABOUT RAZER BRO

I TOLD YOU

Warcry wrote: »

I TOLD YOU ABOUT RAZER BRO

I TOLD YOU

It was 55 dollars!

• Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    Everyone needs to get online. Lets shoots some mans.

• Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I read that as mass and instantly got a little frightened, heh.

And where did everyone go off to? No one's been playing.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular

15% off w/ promo code DASKB15, ends 4/22
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100008650 50017362&IsNodeId=1&name=Das Keyboard

And we are back in action. I called Razr to get an RMA today. The guy I spoke to wanted to go through a very specific process of loading the firmware from another computer entirly after plugging it in while holding down the FN key. For some reason you can't load the firmware with the computer the malfunction happened on.

• Jurgen_Jurgen_ FinlandRegistered User regular
    I was playing rush just now and got killed by something called Dart a million times. I was probably the only one not using it... First time I raged at this game. What the hell did I miss ?

steam_sig.png
  • MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You missed this.

It's a dumbass glitch. The one where you can silence your mortar at least has some comedy value ;-)

ed: quoted the wrong thing. Cleaned it up.

Movitz on