As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Jurgen_ wrote: »
    Why is it that this game sometimes drops the FPS to around 10- 20 ? For no reason at all. Then I have to exit the game and start it up again and it works fine. Been doing that since the beginning, then after one of the patches it stopped and now it started again. It's not a major issue, since it doesn't happen often.

Graphics settings do not affect that either.

I started playing on medium settings, because I started recording all the matches and the high settings were a bit too much for my computer and Bandicam on at the same time. Don't really notice a difference with medium and high either. Game looks purdy anyway I put it.

What programs, if any do you guys use to record BF3 ?

FRAPPS is pretty much the gold standard for screen recording. The MSI Afterburner software for my video cards also captures video, but I have not tried it.

• Options
    Jurgen_Jurgen_ FinlandRegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Why is it that this game sometimes drops the FPS to around 10- 20 ? For no reason at all. Then I have to exit the game and start it up again and it works fine. Been doing that since the beginning, then after one of the patches it stopped and now it started again. It's not a major issue, since it doesn't happen often.

I started playing on medium settings, because I started recording all the matches and the high settings were a bit too much for my computer and Bandicam on at the same time. Don't really notice a difference with medium and high either. Game looks purdy anyway I put it.

FRAPPS is pretty much the gold standard for screen recording. The MSI Afterburner software for my video cards also captures video, but I have not tried it.

I tried Fraps, but for some reason the video and sound were out of sync with it and I couldn't find a solution for that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I tried Fraps, but for some reason the video and sound were out of sync with it and I couldn't find a solution for that.

There is a box you can check in frapps that will fix that. I don't remember what the option is called, but if you hover over it, the context popup will tell you what it does.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

I have a similar issue, Jurgen. Just curious, what are your graphics card specs? With my dual ATi's, I notice that certain maps (basically any karkand map) will cause my game to hitch. Any map loaded after that point experiences the same issue. My settings do not appear to have any bearing on the issue (anywhere from medium to ultra, and a custom mix of ranges therein).

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    dxtory or fraps are the two big ones.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Jurgen_Jurgen_ FinlandRegistered User regular

There is a box you can check in frapps that will fix that. I don't remember what the option is called, but if you hover over it, the context popup will tell you what it does.

Hmm, I'll have to check this out, thanks !

I have a similar issue, Jurgen. Just curious, what are your graphics card specs? With my dual ATi's, I notice that certain maps (basically any karkand map) will cause my game to hitch. Any map loaded after that point experiences the same issue. My settings do not appear to have any bearing on the issue (anywhere from medium to ultra, and a custom mix of ranges therein).

I have a 6950, don't even remember if it was the 1Gb or the 2Gb. Karkand maps work fine for me, I would say it mostly happens on Firestorm. It's all very random though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    dxtory or fraps are the two big ones.

I really liked Dxtory, but then I stopped recording stuff because I rarely do anything interesting and sifting through hours of video is less fun than just playing so...

But Dxtory is pretty great, I saw a minimal frame drop and you can have it record at 720p while you play at 1080p so thats nice.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Fraps has the tendency to fuck frame rates in the ass.

Is dxtory free?

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Its free if you dont mind having giant DXTORY thing on your screen, otherwise a license is 3,600 yen. But unlike fraps, dxtory's free version lets you record for however long you want, the only downside to the free version is the dxtory thing on your screen.

Itll end up looking like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKVdaHf900

Note, settings used to render and record the video caused the video to look like shit because I had no idea what I was doing and not because dxtory sucks at recording things.

• Options
    THE MOST REALISTIC GAME OF ALL TIME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAg8GNfXrw0

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular

This sounds like GPU throttling to me, are your temps OK?

Dxtory has amazing performance, but yeah it's not free.

• Options
    Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    REALLY skilled pilots intentionally smash into certain trees when someone is chasing them.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Any 360 bros going to be down for a couple games today? I'll be home in about an hour to C4 keeps like whoa.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    REALLY skilled pilots intentionally smash into certain trees when someone is chasing them.

They're like the Batmobile's grappling hooks for high-speed 90 degree turns.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options

They're like the Batmobile's grappling hooks for high-speed 90 degree turns.

Mythbusters did that one. The friggen cable kept snapping.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    That's because they didn't use the Bat-cables.

• Options
    Patented WayneTech, those. Blew even Discovery's budget out of the water.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'd spend all of my money on that Catwoman leatherized spandex, because, dang.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    talkingheadtalkinghead Registered User regular
    people need to get on the mumble

• Options
    edited April 2012
    No mumblsesz, but I'll get on the Lounge for some vidyergaems. Feel free to join me.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    No mumblsesz, but I'll get on the Lounge for some vidyergaems. Feel free to join me.

Why you no get in mumblesez?

• Options
    Cuz.

Tired.

Just failed to initialize after an 8 person queue on the Lounge, and now there's another one. So fuck it BEDTIME HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    bedtime? what is this goosery? you dont need sleep

• Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    Hey, hey listen

need people to get their man pants on and get on mumble

455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Got run off our own server last night.

Two full squads of coordinated face destroying colonels made our doming frustrating.

Maybe if we all could have stayed on for a few more rounds we could have gotten the better of them. Maybe tonight!

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Got run off our own server last night.

Two full squads of coordinated face destroying colonels made our doming frustrating.

Maybe if we all could have stayed on for a few more rounds we could have gotten the better of them. Maybe tonight!

Don't think i'll be home tonight.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Zhinto still being the worst community manager of ALL TIME.

This is literally the worst tweet you could possibly give. If you don't have a fix and a date 100% known, DON'T FUCKING SAY ANYTHING. He didn't learn from the last time with the goddamned patch!

R3ntu.png

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Just logged on to battlelog; it tells me I haven't played in 4 months.

I'll have to fix this.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Zhinto still being the worst community manager of ALL TIME.

This is literally the worst tweet you could possibly give. If you don't have a fix and a date 100% known, DON'T FUCKING SAY ANYTHING. He didn't learn from the last time with the goddamned patch!

R3ntu.png

LOL SMILEY FACE SMILEY FACE

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I don't understand how that dipfuck can keep his job. He achieves one thing ever as CM, and it that one thing is aggravating the piss out of the user-base.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    A FPS community that gets pissed at their community manager? Unheard of!

No wait, I mean the total opposite of that.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Community managers' jobs are to manage the community. I am not saying that an utterly pacified audience is possible. But to communicate with your customers in a way that holds neither significance nor tact is just fucking stupid. When your job is to try and keep the masses that play your game from being enraged further, you don't go onto Twitter and type that shit.

If they're trying to relate to their audience with the grammatical style, they're failing. It comes off as flippant and cheesy in addition to displaying an apathy about the desires and cares of the player base.

What's that? The patch we hyped up for months is full of absolutely stupid, blatant, and easy-to-catch bugs like the RPK/QBB/MG36 extended magazines issue? But we totally QA'd it for months after sending it to the community to balance it since we're inept! It's also loaded for bear with more serious problems like the MASS, AA missiles not working, and several issues labeled as "fixed" not being so? Oh, well, don't worry. We'll "fix" it in another four months while teasing you with release dates of release dates for a fucking patch.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    people need to get on

• Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular

No you aren't you piece of shit now I have to wait in a fucking line for 10 mins again..

JOINING SERVER

annnddd crash again.

• Options
    Quality.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    M60 is civilization.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Finally actually finished the campaign.

Would be nice if they actually wrapped shit up instead of just showing Dima with a G17.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    I could see the value of him acknowledging the m26 bug and saying that a fix is on the way but there is no eta if he were to have tweeted it a day or two after the bug went public.

But this late? Fuck that guy.

lagbagg.png
  • Options
    "Hey guys remember a few months ago when we said the patch was going to be in February?"

"Imagine that with the MASS, but in June."

Or to type it like he seems to enjoy doing:

"lol guys patch coming, might fix the MASS ;) expect next week for announcement! :):)"

followed shortly by

"lol guys next week, battlelog for mobile :D:D so psyched! :)"

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    This is why I don't follow anything too closely, if even that. It makes it a pleasant surprise when something gets done.