As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Indie Royale is live.

Hard Reset
    Jolly Roger
    Vertex Dispenser
    DLC Quest
    Lair of the Evil Doer

Up as in I'm able to download? I pre-ordered but didn't get an email about it?

Steam: offday
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    The preorder has a link in it.

The email to tell you the bundle is live is usually a bit late.

camo_sig2.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So there I was, watching the Mentalist, minding my own business, when @busfahrer sneaks up behind me and BAM, Hard Reset. :O

vmtdB.gif

I've been meaning to play this for ages! :D

Oh brilliant
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Indie royalle is up. Hard reset up ins. Havent looked at the full list yet though. They just tweeted about it.

Edit: jolly rover, vertex dispenser, dlc quest and a bonus game from the dlc quest people

Hard Reset is amazing if you enjoy old school shooters. If you like Doom, Serious Sam and Painkiller style shooting at all, you need to get this bundle.

That's assuming that you've been slacking and haven't picked up this kick ass game.

Also, this means that they are probably getting ready to drop the expansion soon. I am EXCITE.

Oh yeah, Vertex Dispenser is really cool too. Pretty fucking odd but still really cool.

• IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    It seems as if no one can escape the giving power of Busfahrer. Driving buses apparently pays well!

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Icemopper wrote: »
    It seems as if no one can escape the giving power of Busfahrer. Driving buses apparently pays well!

And I couldn't escape the giving power of the Icemopper. Bastion soundtrack!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Seriously, this is the best gift.

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Hmm...the only one I don't have is Vertex Dispenser. I will have to consider it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    and so the backlog grows. I saw somebody suggest that Hard Reset was probably in the bundle and thought there is no way that could be true, sometimes it is great to be wrong

I can't see myself playing Vertex Dispenser so if anyone wants it and isn't going to be buying the bundle just send me a PM and it's yours

steam_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Hard reset key:
    Yep, just keep going
    Its down here.
    0PMQL-EKVFZ-4ZBZ3

steam_sig.png
  • madnessnewbmadnessnewb Registered User regular
    Hard reset key:
    Yep, just keep going
    Its down here.
    0PMQL-EKVFZ-4ZBZ3

:^: Thanks!!

steam_sig.png
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »

And I couldn't escape the giving power of the Icemopper. Bastion soundtrack!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Seriously, this is the best gift.

If you can, put on a good set of headphones when you listen to it, and turn the volume UP! It is awesome!

I've got a very nice set of stereo speakers with subwoofer, which is just as good.

Have a reasonably good set of headphones, although the right speaker is damaged somehow so I need to adjust the sound balance left-right to 33%-100% to get them sounding right. Still works though!

Music really is the gift that keeps on giving.

steam_sig.png
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    My friend made a game called Wizorb. It should be on steam now. Think Pinbal quest but with Arkanoid.

• busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular

Try "broke CS student who will graduate in 2 months and has not the slightest idea what to do after that" :P

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
    Yes, Hail to the Bus Driver.

Bus. Driver. Man.

steam_sig.png
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Oh shit Hard Reset on the royale deal?

Nice

steam_sig.png
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Yes, Hail to the Bus Driver.

Bus. Driver. Man.

That sounds nice, thanks :)

B2b1M.gif
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Meiz wrote: »
    My friend made a game called Wizorb. It should be on steam now. Think Pinbal quest but with Arkanoid.

Your friend made a pretty cool game. The art and music is really fun and charming and the mechanics seem to have a nice bit of thought behind them.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Way ahead of you. Bought it last night. :D

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

Yeah, I was mildly interested in the game when I heard about it. When it was selling for less than $3, I figured hey, why not?

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Hmm... I didn't know that Toejam & Earl was on Steam.

That's tempting.

Unstoppable Grog 50% off for the daily.

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    There's also a Weekend Deal for 40% off Anno 2070 ($30).

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Anno2070 is the weekend deal of 40% off getting it to $29.

If you liked Dawn of Discovery, I recommend it. Played a bunch of it.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    From what I've seen Unstoppable Grog should be worth $5 pretty easily.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Also a free weekend of dungeon defenders. Everything on sale but the eternia shards DLC.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Remember that Anno2070 has the even more atrocious version of Ubisoft's DRM.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Thanks @Handgimp and the giveaways that keep on giving. Somehow I won a copy of FM2012 from a week old contest.
    My life is now over in the most classy of ways! I'll make sure I don't give up until I make Benfica the Champions League winners!

camo_sig2.png
    DoctorArch wrote: »

I would have loved to try that game, but for this precise reason I'm avoiding it. Tages DRM.

I voted with my wallet and didn't buy it.

B2b1M.gif
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    busfahrer wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »

I would have loved to try that game, but for this precise reason I'm avoiding it. Tages DRM.

I voted with my wallet and didn't buy it.

^^^ this, ive been ubi free for a long time (which means i still dont get this entire ass creed/bro/etc)

The DRM is 3 installs. 1 wears out every month so if you install it 3 times in a month, you'll have to wait a month before you can again.

Anything else I'm missing?

steam_sig.png
    Hard Reset is pretty awesome. I love the environment, and yay for secret areas! :D

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I'm done with steam for a while. No more purchases! I swear I'm serious this time.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I'm done with steam for a while. No more purchases! I swear I'm serious this time.

thats rich you cheeky bastard

camo_sig.png
    Big Isy wrote: »

Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself? :D

camo_sig2.png
  • HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Deus Ex: HR - Finished. Another one off my GameBank(™) - once again, a big thanks to that Classy fellow @Hyperion.

Not sure what to work on next. So many games...

You're welcome! Every time I saw you on my friends list playing it, it warmed my heart a little.

Holy shit, Burnout Paradise. I just wanted to put that out there again. Good times.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
    Stop talking about Burnout Paradise! I missed the sale and everyone keeps talking about how good it is! :(

camo_sig2.png
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The DRM is 3 installs. 1 wears out every month so if you install it 3 times in a month, you'll have to wait a month before you can again.

this is not what i remember reading, im currently looking it up and im seeing 3 installs in a lifetime before you have to contact ubisoft support and prove you are not a thief to get that number extended. Altering your system config, updating OS, formatting all count against the magical 3 number.

according to their official faq, getting new serial keys is a hassle free experience, seeing as i have not endured this i guess we will have to take their word for it.

the link to the official ubisoft explanation of tages drm

farbekrieg on

Nah the decision is not so much pragmatic as more out of principle.

I'm kinda strange in that way :)

B2b1M.gif
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    And I believe they have removed the changing of hardware counting as a new installation.

M A G I K A Z A M
    edited March 2012

this is not what i remember reading, im currently looking it up and im seeing 3 installs in a lifetime before you have to contact ubisoft support and proving you are not a thief to get that number extended. Altering your system config, updating OS, formatting all count against the magical 3 number.

according to their official faq, getting new serial keys is a hassle free experience, seeing as i have not endured this i guess we will have to take their word for it.

the link to the official ubisoft explanation of tages drm
    [/quote]

Ah, that's the part I forgot about hardware changes but if it's through Steam, Does it really matter? I've not experienced any of this either.

Regardless, I can attest to it being as good or better than the previous anno titles. I have yet to try multiplayer.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.