As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia] Resonance Memorial Thread

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    shabooty i will not tolerate this insolence

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    One of these days I will turn one of my ideas into a game

One of these days.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    yeah, I know, right?

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Hey @Squall, new Truxton album incoming. Gonna be a free one again, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN99Luavlos

Fuck yes.

Also, yes @Shabooty, I would like to be a quantum mechanic.

He will be named Billy-Bob and all of his clothes will be coveralls with varying degrees of quantum grease stainings.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Dux wrote: »
    One of these days I will turn one of my ideas into a game

One of these days.

My tokusatsu game will not be denied

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    @Shabooty

I already have a character designed for it!
    Katya Tesla

In another universe, Nikolai Tesla had the looks, wits, and charms of David Bowie and beat Thomas Edison in his bid for power.

The 20th century was hailed as a golden age for humanity, and Tesla Enterprises became a gigantic, yet benign, mega-corporation. By September 13th, 1959, he had already teleported humans back and forth from the moon using his "Paradoxical Reverse Electric Spatial Interdiction Gallivanting Engine," or, as the world knew it, the PRESTIGE.

Two decades after his death in 2020 (he never shared the secret of his anti-aging device), his great great great gr- his DISTANT granddaughter, Katya Tesla is next in line to take the reins of company leadership. At a young age, she had figured out a way to minitarize Nikolai Tesla's PRESTIGE and line it along a human skeleton. She volunteered for the first trial, and nearly died in the process. Indeed, the entire medical facility the procedure was facilitated in had been evaporated- like it had never existed. The project scrapped, and Katya blamed for the loss of life, she was evicted from Tesla Enterprises.

Her research, however, did not stop there. And, soon, she realized that she had successfully implanted herself with something more than a mere teleportation device.

Cross-dimensional travel.

Will the trademark optimism of the Tesla's bring her back to fame and fortune? Will she raise the banner of the legacy, or abandon it for a new life?

All these to be answered, and more in...

(TBA)

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I admire all youse guy's ambition and imagination.
    Cuz I have no desire to run a game.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I want to take another shot at a game so badly. I just feel like my narration is extremely lacking.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Guys, I am posting...

...from my phone.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    he's a witch, burn him

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Yes, burn the which.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Guys, I am posting...

...from inside the house.

• Options
    Guys, I am posting...

...from my phone.
    What kind of witchcraft is this?!?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    The only people who know the details of the setting for my next game are DE?AD and Anti. Marsh and DE?AD know the basics of the mechanics, largely because they helped me iron them out.

And Anti came up with the title, 'cuz she's way better than me at that stuff.

I'm gonna keep it under wraps until DE?AD...ah...completes the task I commissioned.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Also I have a school break this week so I'll be able to Derelicte whenever.

I can Derelicte on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.

@stilts I should be around most of today if you want to interview me about my incredibly important pokemon opinions

Yeah, I already interviewed Anti and T4CT, so I was hoping to get to you tonight. Does sometime between 7 and 8 p.m. MST (-7 GMT) sound good?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Is there some secret GM thread where iu guys all plan out your future games? It seems most games have a bit of collaboration.

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Also I have a school break this week so I'll be able to Derelicte whenever.

I can Derelicte on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.

@stilts I should be around most of today if you want to interview me about my incredibly important pokemon opinions

Yeah, I already interviewed Anti and T4CT, so I was hoping to get to you tonight. Does sometime between 7 and 8 p.m. MST (-7 GMT) sound good?

i think that's 10-11 my time? that should work well

• Options
    also, short notice but tomorrow would likely be the best day for me to derelict

i dunno if we could get a super-long session in but I know i'm busy thursday and wednesday is kind of up in the air

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    lapfox guy samples xepher for those strings

I can respect that

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Guys, I am posting...

...from my phone.

welcome to the future

here is your complimentary app

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I can derelict tomorrow

• Options
    Is there some secret GM thread where iu guys all plan out your future games? It seems most games have a bit of collaboration.

If there is, I wasn't invited.

I didn't run Resonance by anybody; DE?AD just made the awesome logo out of the blue.

And Prism wasn't going to be a collaboration until I had the wise idea to actually run some of it by people who could give me good ideas/criticism. I'm so glad I had that brainstorming session with Marsh and DE?AD.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    When (if) I ever run a game again I should do that. Maybe shade wouldn't have died after three weeks if someone pointed out the flaws.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    and back when Royal Blue was starting up everyone was starting a new game and I wanted to be one of the Cool Kids

• Options

yes, but I rule it with such an iron fist that I am the only participant

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My GM focus group is my pokemon pbp irc.

I sometimes even get a feedback!

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    and back when Royal Blue was starting up everyone was starting a new game and I wanted to be one of the Cool Kids

And you ended up as The GM The Cool Kids Are Scared Of.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I should hit some of you dudes up and hash out this one setting that I've been thinking about for quite some time.

Maybe when there aren't as many games running.

• Options
    I'm working on my next game but I'm a little concerned

I want it to have some actual like

rules and mechanics

and for the most part it will just be 100%

but there are some things that I am adding to it and I'm worried that they won't work how I'm hoping they will

maybe i'll try to work them into derelict or something after the next Big Moment

• Options
    edited April 2012
    My GM focus group is my pokemon pbp irc.

I sometimes even get a feedback!

You mean like that time I said, "Uh...did you mean for some of us to drop in the very first encounter?"

And then I left the game soon after because I'm an idiot who overestimated the number of games he could play at once.

EDIT: Also, Marsh, I have listened to that song you posted for, like, an hour now.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    derelicte with rules and mechanics??

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Stilts you should come back

I miss your ponyta riding knight dude

• Options
    edited April 2012
    the two big things are I want a concrete damage system and some kind of established progression system

it made sense for there to be no "leveling up" in derelict because the characters are all seasoned veterans

but if you're rookie time-travel secret agents then you should improve over time

and it also makes sense to me that derelict is sort of brutal because pirates are sort of brutal. Pirates are always missing limbs and eyes and stuff so it makes sense to me to butcher you people. That doesn't quite suit a spy theme though so i need rules to hold me back because obviously my instinct is to be really mean!

my concerns are that the damage system is going to either be too punishing or not punishing enough, and that the progression system is either going to be too slow or too fast

and I suppose that's something I can tweak on the fly but yeah

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    derelicte with rules and mechanics??

Sounds..... horrifying.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    It would be like that Warhammer 40k rpg.

Dux on
  • Options
    I wanna play a game as a rookie time traveler

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    It's gonna be like that Warhammer 40k rpg.

Which one?

'Cuz I GMed a Deathwatch game and my players were rolling through basically everything.

Though it could be because we only studied the rules for a couple days and I had no idea what I was doing.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Which one?

'Cuz I GMed a Deathwatch game and my players were rolling through basically everything.

Though it could be because we only studied the rules for a couple days and I had no idea what I was doing.

I can't remember.

I know for a fact that there is a warhammer 40k rpg where characters dying by the truckload in the most hilarious way possible is par for the course

Like slipping on your own blood and getting killed by a chaos dude.

Dux on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hahahaha

Yeah, dark heresy, that was it.

Dux on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

Which one?

Dark Heresy most likely.

Dark Heresy is a metal album made RPG

This discussion has been closed.