As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metastasis, a [mini-Phalla] - Game Over. Mafia Victory.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Except it says they have to convert a "critical mass" of proteins. Which is probably a smaller amount with more of them dead.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    :( That sucks.

But, at least 2 mafia were hit, gives us some place to start.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    JABMonkey wrote: »
    :( That sucks.

But, at least 2 mafia were hit, gives us some place to start.

Well, this depends on whether the mafia have a conversion that turns into a kill if it does not target a Rac1 protein, or just a conversion.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

• Options
    Let us remember that every single villager has the capability to kill a mafioso, so giving the mafia a kill or kills is not out of the question.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Hey Retaba, what's with your name being similar to mine?

I'm not sure, Ketbra but it confuses people like Kime! :)

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Our kills can also work as a seer, like this:

REG Rysk is not mafia. I targeted him last night, and MrT says that if multiple villagers target one mafioso, everyone involved dies. If you want proof I'm legit, vote for The Anonymous.

• Options
    Yes, because killing a villager to confirm that REG Rysk is not mafia is worth it. The only good that comes of that is the mafia goes after him, meaning they either get a protein, or a confirmed villager.

Our kills do act as seers, but the question is just who do you trust? The mafia will always be able to say they attacked someone who is a villager.

For example, I can tell you that I attacked INANTP last night.

He is dead. I am not. Therefore INANTP is/was not mafia.

But, do you believe me?

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I do, mostly because I also attacked INANTP.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    It hardly matters, with sufficient cross referenced data you can draw valid conclusions without needing to rely on any individual datapoint. I attacked Capfalcon

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    It hardly matters, with sufficient cross referenced data you can draw valid conclusions without needing to rely on any individual datapoint. I attacked Capfalcon

Presumably the mafia can do the same. We have to be very careful publicly revealing who we attacked since that narrows the pool of people that the RAC1 proteins can hide in and if they're forced to fake results mafia might well spot them very quickly.

I thought your encryption system was designed to account for this? Why the change of heart phyphor?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    Hmm, yes. Potential for being depressing is quite high. Also !Kime is always evil.
    Anialos wrote: »
    Cythraul wrote: »
    I was Ender in that game... I think that was my first phalla?

Anialos because I'm tired of being nice to the new guys! Rarrr!!!

Oh noes! Now I guess I need to be nice to !Kime. Look what you made me do !Cythraul!

I like you :lol:. You'll fit in well with this bunch of crazies :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Awwww, my "lol" smiley is gone...

Steam profile
  • Options
    Btw, I was inactive because I didn't get a role PM so didn't know it started...

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Presumably the mafia can do the same. We have to be very careful publicly revealing who we attacked since that narrows the pool of people that the RAC1 proteins can hide in and if they're forced to fake results mafia might well spot them very quickly.

I thought your encryption system was designed to account for this? Why the change of heart phyphor?

Anyone who is a protein can either make up fake targets or say nothing at all. If they said they attacked someone who is a mafia... well that's just bad luck really

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Kime is apparently a white blood cell then. Or a good liar.

/wave hi Kime

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    PS MRT you didn't snark but it has happened before.

PPS Assuran is bad for our health

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    !Sportsboytjw makes it easy for me.

Why on earth would you vote for someone that confirmed INANTP as a white blood cell?

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Phyphor, I dunno how good your algorithm is, since I also attacked someone that an above poster attacked.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    OoooOOooo

Oh man now in addition to checking the thread before vote close, I have to check it before vote close but only two days from now

you guys are jerks

OooooOOoooo

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Phyphor, I dunno how good your algorithm is, since I also attacked someone that an above poster attacked.

Due to the birthday paradox, it's virtually impossible to prevent duplicates with random assignments

• Options

Anyone who is a protein can either make up fake targets or say nothing at all. If they said they attacked someone who is a mafia... well that's just bad luck really

But that's my point. Im not sure that encouraging everyone to reveal who they attacked is a good thing. That isn't to say its not, but some math might help convince me.

• Options
    Well, having everyone reveal... probably not such a good idea, but as long as it's not that many there's little harm

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Yes, because killing a villager to confirm that REG Rysk is not mafia is worth it. The only good that comes of that is the mafia goes after him, meaning they either get a protein, or a confirmed villager.

Our kills do act as seers, but the question is just who do you trust? The mafia will always be able to say they attacked someone who is a villager.

For example, I can tell you that I attacked INANTP last night.

He is dead. I am not. Therefore INANTP is/was not mafia.

But, do you believe me?
    Yeah, way to twist my words here. I never called for everyone to reveal who they attacked; we know that's an exercise in futility, unless you use the vote. Which I plan on doing to rule out possible mafia.

See, we know that two of the four temp-dead are mafia, and me dying to the vote confirms my statement that Rysk isn't one of them. Tomorrow we vote out someone who claimed to have targeted INANTP; if they're village, we know who two of the mafia are. If they aren't, the person we voted out wasn't village anyway. The village wins out no matter what.

• Options
    In general, the vote target and anyone who dies should reveal though

• Options
    See, we know that two of the four temp-dead are mafia, and me dying to the vote confirms my statement that Rysk isn't one of them. Tomorrow we vote out someone who claimed to have targeted INANTP; if they're village, we know who two of the mafia are. If they aren't, the person we voted out wasn't village anyway. The village wins out no matter what.
    Citation needed

As far as i'm aware, we don't know that. For all we know, it could be 1 mafia and 3 villagers who all attacked him. Or any combination involving 1 or 2 mafia kills.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Whoops. Was out almost all day, totally forgot about this since the day begin/end is at a different time than I'm used to.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Citation needed

As far as i'm aware, we don't know that. For all we know, it could be 1 mafia and 3 villagers who all attacked him. Or any combination involving 1 or 2 mafia kills.

Yeah, all we know at this point is that there is likely a mafia in the dead group, but who or how many is unknown

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Citation needed

Yeah, all we know at this point is that there is likely a mafia in the dead group, but who or how many is unknown
    But I totally said "at least one mafioso". Totally.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Someone in that group of 4 has to be mafia, right?

Lets start with smoove

• Options
    Actually, Obi, that's a good question.

I didn't think we could vote for the dead, given normal phalla rules, but let us clarify that:

Are the dead viable vote targets in this phalla?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Oh, yeah. Didn't even think about that.

Just assumed that targeting the dead was a barrel to shoot fish in compared to the lake that is the village.

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »

This phalla so craaaaaazy...

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Assuran wrote: »

This phalla so craaaaaazy...

Hahahahahahahahaha

Listen up, time for a mechanics dump.

I have been contacted by a Rac protein.

No, I do not know why Bedlam did not release this information before he died. That way, people would believe what he said. Instead, you will have to do with just me.

Rac proteins can select a white blood cell, presumably each night, to protect them from the backlash of hitting a cancer cell. This allows the white blood cell in question to kill a cancer cell without dying as well.

However, if a protein selects a cancer cell, that cell is protected from a single white-blood cell attack. It is implied, but not confirmed, that multiple white blood cell attacks in a single-night will break this guard.

This means that just because your target survived, it does not mean he is not a cancer cell. This also means that converted Rac proteins are extraordinarily dangerous. Any protein that is outed must be executed by the village.

Proteins, choose your targets carefully and come talk to me. No, I am not telling you who the other proteins are.

• Options
    Wait, how does anyone know to trust you, Baidol?

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    They don't!

You either believe I am a villager contacted by a protein, a mafia member contacted by a protein, a mafia member who's team converted a protein on day 1, or someone making shit up.

Baidol on
  • Options
    Oh geez.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Welp. At least this is a pretty good test of if the mafia have a kill.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Or we can vote you out. There's always that option.

• Options
    Also true!