As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wii/3DS Virtual Console?

DrezDrez Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm a new 3DS owner. I've been a Wii owner for awhile. I've noticed that some titles available for the Wii virtual console are also available on the 3DS Virtual Console.

Can I download these to my 3DS for free, or do I have to repurchase them?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
Drez on

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    They count as separate titles, so you would have to repurchase them. No plans to merge Wii and 3DS accounts.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Oh Nintendo, getting us coming and going.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    More like just going.

Unless they improve in this regard, I think the 3DS is the last Nintendo console I will give a shit about. And I only bothered buying this system because there's an ATLUS exclusive on it that I wanted.

• JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    the 1st party stuff has been pretty excellent, as is expected from Nintendo.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I have no issue with their games. Or even third party games I've seen. I like Dead or Alive Dimensions and Devil Survivor Overclocked. I also bought Super Mario Land 3D. All three are top notch. I just don't like their general attitude or their policies which seem pretty backwards.