As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

iOS Games: There's a Zombie on your In-App Purchase.

• RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
  • OchoOcho Registered User regular
    Hey guys, got some Scribblenauts Remix codes to hand out.
    Please post if you use one:
    1 - EXLX76THXALX
    2 - 7K37W7EXPRX6
    3 - FLNA6ETT6YNM
    4 - JTAH7AJ9RE3A
    5 - REWE649XJNFX
    6 - WXANJJ77RLR7
    7 - MYPJREM4TAPR
    8 - FNFNNJLHWFP9

I used #6.

Thanks!

Steam ID : Ocho
  • XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    I took #4. I didn't see anyone mention 2, or 3, but those are taken as well.

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    "that code is only valid for the US app store" noooo! Canada is the same thing damn you apple! the SAME THING!

either way thanks for posting the codes Custom.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • wakaranaiwakaranai Registered User regular
    Speaking of Scribblenauts, Run Roo Run is free today! (Both are made by 5th Cell)

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-roo-run/id448710065?mt=8
    TA Review: http://toucharcade.com/2012/01/11/run-roo-run/

• House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    Man, I was pretty disappointed with Roo Roo Run. I really like the concept but each "world" was like 10-15 embarrassingly easy levels to explain a new concept, then 5 extremely difficult levels that require ultra precise timing. On top of that, there hasn't been any new content since release and there weren't that many levels to begin with, at least not a lot of levels that offered any sort of challenge.

One Tap Hero used the whole one button mechanic much better. Highly recommended BTW. It seemed to crash on me somewhat often but it was only mildly annoying and didnt stop me from 100% it. There is supposed to be additional content coming out as well, and since it is Chillingo they will probably deliver.

• AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    So me and @Jdarksun finished Pocket Heroes!

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    The last battle was hilariously easy.
    Adda hit the demon lord with a couple shots, then I went in and Rev Up'd in half. Hit it for 111 damage. It technically had 2hp when it ported out; I was wondering if it could be killed, but by the epilogue, I'd guess not.

• XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Is it an adventure game? Platformer? What is it?

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Yeah, that trailer tells me absolutely nothing.

• Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    I just needed to tell everyone that Super Hexagon is amazing. That is all.

sgt rob
  • LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I bought Super Hexagon sight unseen. My first reaction was "fuck, that was a wasted dollar". 10 minutes later I was all "WOOO! That's intense!" The next day I was all "please, God, make it stop!"

Now I'm back to "fuck that game".

XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's insane, but I don't think it's even remotely fun, personally. It's like VVVVVV with all the fun stripped out.

I recognize that many people might enjoy the raw, abstract challenge, but it's just not for me.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    There's a free Flash version if you just want to get a quick Hexagon fix on PC.

steam_sig.png
    I kinda think of it as a hard racing game, like F-Zero GX, but with a randomised track made up of patterned components. You memorise short strings of obstacles and navigate them, which gets harder and harder. I don't know why, but I dig it hard.

• AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Yeah I love it, pure masochistic arcade gaming.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    Xaviar wrote: »
    Is it an adventure game? Platformer? What is it?
    Yeah, that trailer tells me absolutely nothing.

Sorry, it's an action RPG. It's been some time since I posted here on a regular basis so I don't know what games have been discussed before.

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So.. I know there was a way to change your name in the iPad version of Fairway Solitaire.. is there no way to do it on the iPhone version?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Anyone know if Chrono Trigger supports cloud saves? If I buy it and play it on my iphone, can I access my save file on my ipad?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't know, but based on other SE games, I would guess not. Particularly since a quick search of the app store doesn't show the game for the iPad? But their games are usually completely separate wrt iPad and iPhone versions.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Generally speaking, the iPad can play any iPhone games. It just runs them in a "windowed mode" on the screen.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    Generally speaking, the iPad can play any iPhone games. It just runs them in a "windowed mode" on the screen.
    True, yeah, but I still wouldn't count on it.

Steam profile
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Super Hexagon would be significantly more playable if the levels weren't random. I mean, a random option would be cool, but the game has the concept of "clearing" stages, so I don't understand why they are so randomized.

I'd much rather have something challenging to slowly get farther at as opposed to feeling like I never make any progress due to frequent games where you die within the first 10 seconds.

YL9WnCY.png
    So, I really hope Real Racing 3's new ghost mode turns out as awesome as it sounds.

Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Super Hexagon would be significantly more playable if the levels weren't random. I mean, a random option would be cool, but the game has the concept of "clearing" stages, so I don't understand why they are so randomized.

I'd much rather have something challenging to slowly get farther at as opposed to feeling like I never make any progress due to frequent games where you die within the first 10 seconds.

If you look closely, each level has a set number of obstacles in it that are arranged randomly, and after a while you do get the hang of it. I just beat harder mode and clocked in 71 seconds in hard mode, but that's after playing it for a few hours. Recognising the patterns and working them into muscle memory is key.

• sgt robsgt rob Pure Rock Fury Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I just needed to tell everyone that Super Hexagon is amazing. That is all.

I came here to say exactly this. I am somewhat more partial to masochistic games it seems, and this one has it's hooks in deep.

Plus the music! It is perfect!

sgt rob on
    Alien imposter. Pretender. I'll keep you safe now. Close to my heart.
    InkSplat wrote: »
    So, I really hope Real Racing 3's new ghost mode turns out as awesome as it sounds.

Agreed. What a cool concept.

I still have no idea how it works, though. Let's say I race first (and come in first) and then it's your turn. During your turn you get in front of me and hit the brakes. Does my car just sit there trying to stay in the original line while all the other AI cars pass the two of us? Or does my car get taken over by AI?

Rothgarr wrote: »
    InkSplat wrote: »

Agreed. What a cool concept.

I still have no idea how it works, though. Let's say I race first (and come in first) and then it's your turn. During your turn you get in front of me and hit the brakes. Does my car just sit there trying to stay in the original line while all the other AI cars pass the two of us? Or does my car get taken over by AI?

According to an article I read last night, there's an advanced AI that's sole focus is getting you back on your line if you get knocked off. And beyond that, apparently you can download multiple people's runs and race against them at the same time.

Overall, it sounds like it takes the Motorstorm RC approach and ramps it up a notch.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Phoenix Wright Trilogy have a date yet?

So is there a way to delete games in Pocket Heroes?

Steam profile
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Apparently Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch comes out this week.

I had no idea it existed until a minute ago but I have to have it.

Uh, which translation is it using?

• Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    It's based off the PS1 version.

I owned the PS1 version but only played maybe an hour of it. However that first cutscene of Luna singing to herself blew me away at the time and stuck with me all these years.

I'm finally jumping on the iPhone wagon, so when my 4 (shut up) gets delivered this week I know what the second game I buy is gonna be. (First is FFT, no choice there.)

OneAngryPossum
    Really? I could have sworn I read some statement about how Victor Ireland owned the rights to the WD script, which is why the last couple of remakes went with a more traditional localization.

I've heard mixed reports on which one is actually better: as ridiculous and pop-culture as the WD version was, the actual game is rather ho-hum and boring when given a straight translation.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I only really played Eternal Blue, but running into the Galaxy Quest reference in the middle was pretty damn cheesy. At least the other characters also reacted the same way,

newSig.jpg
  • w00dm4nw00dm4n Registered User regular
    Apparently Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch comes out this week.

I had no idea it existed until a minute ago but I have to have it.

YES!

never did pick up the Psp version of this :(

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Apparently Demon's Score, the new game from Inis that is like Elite Beat Agents only with a fantasy chick fighting demons, is coming out today.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
This discussion has been closed.