As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    They do that? D:

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Oh yes! Blah blah your child is at risk for obesity blah and you're staring at a child who looks perfectly normal and was perhaps 1 or 2 lbs over the standard deviation

I also hate the 'we shouldn't pay for fatties on the NHS!' argument

My god, thats awful.

I am feeling particularly fat today

Part of that is being 8 months pregnant, which means restricted breathing and extra weight anyway, and part of that is the three cookies and two slices of cake I have eaten today (boss's birthday)

I should eat healthier, but when you feel so heavy and tired you're like, does it really matter at this point

(My weight gain is around 18 lbs so far which is on target! Overweight people should gain 15-19 lbs during pregnancy... but I do still have 5 weeks to go)

You're carrying a small human, I think you're allowed to have a bit of extra cake!

I always thought you had a great figure, with or without baby.

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

I prefer my "we shouldn't pay for arseholes on the NHS" counterpoint

Weight is something you can lose, but if you've got a horrible personality, well, the "surgical option" is less an operation and more a stab in the dark

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    Why, thank you!

I'm actually rather fortunate to have my weight distributed fairly evenly, my waist/hip ratio is decent

Still, would love to shave a few inches off my thighs/upper arms. And I have a double chin in nearly every photo not taken by me D:

You have the same kind of figure as my sister (we're opposite in that respect, she's got curly brown hair too) so I'm always saying to her "I wish I had your boobs" and she's all "I wish I had your butt". She always hates her chin in photos too!

edited March 2012
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »

I prefer my "we shouldn't pay for arseholes on the NHS" counterpoint

Weight is something you can lose, but if you've got a horrible personality, well, the "surgical option" is less an operation and more a stab in the dark

:^:
    Liiya wrote: »
    You have the same kind of figure as my sister (we're opposite in that respect, she's got curly brown hair too) so I'm always saying to her "I wish I had your boobs" and she's all "I wish I had your butt". She always hates her chin in photos too!

Haha, tell her she has my full sympathies!

And yeah, my sister has quite a different body shape from me. She piles on her weight around her mid-section, but has these beautiful long, slim limbs and slim face

My body shape may be slightly 'healthier', but damn if hers doesn't look a heck of a lot better in photos!

Janson on
    Lucky her! I guess health is better in the long-run though.

• WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    That BBC article is pretty terrible, but I think it also has to do with the fact that the models are seen as coathangers rather than, well, humans.

Also I'm watching this penguin cam and oh my god I love it so much.

XStly.jpg
    Mmm, that is a good point there!

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    @Janson: yeah, you depot because it saves room. Individual pots of eyeshadow are bulky, some more so than others (like my NYX singles). And if you are traveling it is easier to have all your shadows in one place.

As for the eyeshadow palette: yes it is wonderful, and the colors on the right-hand side (for you'd commented on the ones on the left) are just as pretty and work well in the crease/outer-v.

As for that article? Yeah BMI is kind of a crummy metric of health. I have a 'very unhealthy' BMI and a couple of problems associated with it but by every other metric of health I am very healthy (which is why I am such an enigma to the medical community). As far as my doctors can tell I was just unfortunate to end up so skinny as a matter of genetics. I just have very tiny bones, so there isn't very much surface area for muscle and fat to build on and I will never be at a 'healthy BMI' as a result. I know there is the joke about 'I'm not fat, I'm big-boned' but it is very true! Some people have bigger or smaller bones than others and your skeletal frame is the foundation of the rest of your body-type.

Yeah, all the colours look pretty! But I have discovered I am an especial sucker for greens. I'm very interested in that turquoise-y shade!

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    BMI was developed as a statistical tool to predict the health of populations, anyway. It wasn't designed to for diagnosing anything in individuals.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Yeah BMI is dumb and essentially means nothing to the individual.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So I couldn't make up my mind between Oatifix and BB Seaweed so I got both. Seaweedface incoming!

Usagi on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I love BB seaweed. It made my face feel so purdy. Stuff gets caught under my nails like nobody's business though.

Ugh yes, I forgot how big the chunks of seaweed are too, that's gonna be fun to pick out of the drain!

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Haha, I did that with a bath bomb from Lush once. Whooooooops, kelp everywhere.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    The BMI system classifies @HeavyVillain as obese, for example. Despite the fact he is a scary mountain of muscle who would put the fear of god into a grizzly bear. Or walrus!

yeah not to crap all ver the thread with an old post but BMIs are just dumb when people keep taking them at face value w/out, yknow, actually thinking about what they represent

My sis is 6ft 1 and the bmi has her pegged as underweight even though she looks fine to everyone.

Yay the mask seems to have ended the eczema freakout! The seaweed really helped so huzzah Lush

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    my dream of being an israeli underwear model

dashed to pieces

what a sad day

My nails today:

235e6621.jpg

That is OPI's Matte La-pazitively Hot

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I really like that Matte coat.

Usually I'm not so big on pink but I like that a lot.

this is easily my favourite shade of pink nail polish ever and I am super upset with myself that I'd forgotten I HAD this in my nail polish collection until after summer is over :C

Oh and I got a new haircut!

This is it right now, it's mostly in the bangs but otherwise it's largely similar to what I already had:
    be577d65.jpg

Ugh bad picture... No makeup or nothing today. :P

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Looks cute! I hope to do something new with my hair once college lets out. I'm thinking hair color.

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Cool haircut viv!

I just bought myself some fancy soaps and a facial scrub from Lush because I was in need of some pampering and all this Lush talk got me thinking!

Think I'll light up a candle and have me a bath, need to de-stress over here

candles, bubble bath, glass of wine, and a good book and/or soothing music

never fails; I haven't had one of those in a LONG time

Sounds brilliant Didge, I Lush'ed it up this morning with my almond-coconut smoothie bodywash and have been a relaxed lazybones all day

Vivixenne wrote: »

This is it right now, it's mostly in the bangs but otherwise it's largely similar to what I already had:
    be577d65.jpg

Very cute! And quit it lady, you don't take bad pictures :p

oh speaking of Lush

I picked up Catastrophe Cosmetic last Friday and only just used it for the first time this morning

compared to Love Lettuce and BB Seaweed, this mask is a whole different ballgame

for one thing it's not an exfoliating mask at all; it's SUPER creamy and you can feel the clay content in it the second you touch it, and it smooths all over your face with no effort and it feels super nice and soothing and relaxing

I can't say what the immediate benefits are because I didn't notice a huge difference at first, but I'll let you guys know how it goes in a week or so!

Looking forward to it Viv! On the mask subject, are you on a once a week schedule?

edited March 2012
    with the Lush masks, no

mainly because I wouldn't be able to use it all up before they expire!

I'm on every-other-day for BB Seaweed and I think Catastrophe Cosmetic will be the same

with Love Lettuce, it was a really tough exfoliator, so I limited that to every 2 days (i.e., 2 days in between uses) rather than every other day

thus far I've only wasted maybe a tiny bit of each mask I've used; I'm not too nuts about using them too far past the expiry date because you just don't know WHAT's going to happen

but for AU$16 a pop it's not too pricey so that's fine by me! plus Blake gets to make jokes about me being a white/green/blue-face racist

Vivixenne on
    edited March 2012
    Usagi wrote: »

be577d65.jpg

Very cute! And quit it lady, you don't take bad pictures :p

D'awwwww thanks!

I wanted something dramatically different from what I had before, but as I poked through a GIS of "asian hairstyles side fringe" I thought - why ruin a classic? :)

Vivixenne on
    with the Lush masks, no

mainly because I wouldn't be able to use it all up before they expire!

I'm on every-other-day for BB Seaweed and I think Catastrophe Cosmetic will be the same

with Love Lettuce, it was a really tough exfoliator, so I limited that to every 2 days (i.e., 2 days in between uses) rather than every other day

thus far I've only wasted maybe a tiny bit of each mask I've used; I'm not too nuts about using them too far past the expiry date because you just don't know WHAT's going to happen

but for AU$16 a pop it's not too pricey so that's fine by me! plus Blake gets to make jokes about me being a white/green/blue-face racist

Good to know! I've been giving myself two or three days between uses since I don't want to freak my skin out, so far it seems to be working (Oatifix tomorrow morning aw yeah)

Jess, if I could, I would use a mask every day and rotate between 3 or 4 masks

but I can't; plus I'm 99% sure that's not a good idea for the skin, either

but oh man if I could, I would, because this shit is all so amazing!

mostly I'm sad that I have to miss out on Brazened Honey and Oatifix; the former because it's not that safe for sensitive skin (but I might give it a go ANYWAY just for funsies), the latter because my skin is not nearly dry enough to warrant it :P

When I was masking on a regular basis my skin could tolerate Brazened Honey once a week max, which wasn't really enough to use a whole tub. The good part of getting a little older is that my skin is finally appreciative of things like Oatifix!

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Switched to a diff toner (witchhazel based) and moisturizer. Face is looking waaaay better!

This discussion has been closed.