As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Usagi wrote: »
    When I was masking on a regular basis my skin could tolerate Brazened Honey once a week max, which wasn't really enough to use a whole tub. The good part of getting a little older is that my skin is finally appreciative of things like Oatifix!

See, this is why I think sometimes it'd be great to live with a girl. Then something like Brazened Honey could be used up without waste!

Now I have to wait about 16 years for a potential daughter to be able to share this stuff with me, and that's if I get pregnant tomorrow (and if my first kid is a daughter, which it totally will be if my family history is anything to go by).

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    My sister used to put masks on my nephew when he was little! So maybe only five years or so? Make Blake use them with you!

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I wonder if you could freeze them? I mean, they're mostly made of food-type ingredients, so I'd imagine they'd take a trip through the freezer pretty well. Hmm, may have to experiment.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I have a feeling some of the essential oils may not hold up so well when frozen.

@cabsy I think getting Blake to use one of my face masks is on the list of things that I would only be able to get him to do after withholding sex for a few months, getting him riproaringly drunk, wearing slutty lingerie for a week prior, destroying all the cameras in our house, and THEN sedating him.

And I am not down with withholding sex for THAT long.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    But... doesn't Blake want to be a pretty princess like the rest of us?

I wish I lived close enough to a Lush to be able to buy their masks to give them a try! As it is I'm out of Lemony Flutter and I can't bring myself to order any online since I'm saving up for PAX East. Lemony flutter is absolutely the best thing I've ever used on my heels to soften them up and I highly recommend it. I've been trying to find a drug store alternative that works as well but unfortunately nothing is quite up to snuff, I bought some of the Yes to Carrots body butter because it has such good reviews and it's just sort of ok.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Blake's answer would totally be "I'm already the prettiest princess" OR "you wouldn't date me if I was a princess"

one of the two

also thanks for the tip on Lemony Flutter - my feet are in a REALLY bad way and I haven't found anything that's worked, I'll have to check it out! and in my mind if you've found something that really works, it's generally almost always better to take the money hit than it is to waste money trying to find something that costs half the amount but that only does the job half as well!

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Ughh my heels are so super bad! I use a relatively coarse on one side, medium on the other file when I think of it in the shower and then lemony flutter immediately after and put some socks on for at least an hour and after maybe a week I had totally soft feet. I'll probably pick up some more while I'm in Boston if I have the money to spare for it. The Yes to Carrots stuff works at least well enough that they're touchable and don't look terrible so it wasn't a total waste of my cash but it works way better as a post-shave lotion than anything else.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    candles, bubble bath, glass of wine, and a good book and/or soothing music

never fails; I haven't had one of those in a LONG time

As soon as you can, lady, treat yourself to it! So nice, feeling much better afterwards
    Sounds brilliant Didge, I Lush'ed it up this morning with my almond-coconut smoothie bodywash and have been a relaxed lazybones all day

Sounds lovely, Usagi! Always nice to have a lounge around day

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    The only thing I've found that comes close to lemony flutter is Wild Carrot Herbal's borage skin cream--it's basically borage oil, coconut oil, shea & cocoa butter miracle cream. My heels and elbows love it.

• Options
    what my feet need is a really good scrub, then regular moisturizing

I emphasize "really good scrub" because it's been a while since my last pedicure, I walk barefoot at home, I wear high heels way more often than I should, and I play sport

basically there is an awful buildup of dry and dead callused skin there that needs to go

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    That shade of pink nail polish is awesome, Viv!

And argh, you ladies totally want me having a face mask. I haven't used one in years! Problem is, although a Lush isn't too far away, it's in a very busy mall that we rarely get to visit (just not worth the hassle). It used to be within walking distance, but no more.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    They were talking about masks so much I put one on.

Not even kidding.

• Options
    do it, Rachel!

it's totally worth a trip to a busy mall, I promise

the rough thing is that you'll have to go back regularly to keep up your supply (and for me it's super convenient because it's smack dab in the middle of the city and really easy to get to on my way home), but I mean based on my and everyone else's experience it might be worth checking out! you really do feel so amazing after using these masks

hop onto lushusa.com and poke through the masks they have there and see what might be the best one for you; every mask does something different, so maybe try to find one that does something your other products don't and that is also suitable for your skin!

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sassori wrote: »
    They were talking about masks so much I put one on.

Not even kidding.

Congratulations!

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    my tippythai bags are on their way! GLEE!

I also bought a thing of Origins' Ginzing eye serum for my dumb puffy eyes; that should get here in about a week!

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    I have been noticing my face is a bit dry as of late, what is a good problem-solver for this? It's not super dry, but it's pretty noticeable on my cheeks and forehead.

• Options
    what is your current skincare regimen?

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Viv, your haircut is so cute!

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    When I was masking on a regular basis my skin could tolerate Brazened Honey once a week max, which wasn't really enough to use a whole tub. The good part of getting a little older is that my skin is finally appreciative of things like Oatifix!

See, this is why I think sometimes it'd be great to live with a girl. Then something like Brazened Honey could be used up without waste!

Now I have to wait about 16 years for a potential daughter to be able to share this stuff with me, and that's if I get pregnant tomorrow (and if my first kid is a daughter, which it totally will be if my family history is anything to go by).

My family is the same way.

No one ever has a boy unless they had two girls first.

My sisters both have girls, one just had a baby and the oldest has had two broke up with her husband before having a third kid.

My mom had my sisters, then me.

She was one of two girls, followed by my uncle

Seems to be a family pattern.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular

Wash face in shower/sink with whatever soap I have on hand, usually something from Lush. Low-Frequency usage of benzoyl peroxide cream, I use topical clindamycin phosphate fairly regularly.

I think the clindamycin phosphate might be what's drying my skin out, as I'm only noticing flaking in areas where I use it. I'd rather not stop using it though, as it's preeeety effective

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ugh, had a (nsfw)tinea versicolor breakout from all the warm weather the past few weeks. Fortunately selsun blue seems to be doing its thing, but it's still annoying when this happens.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    thanks for the boobs pic, wikipedia. glad i wasn't at work with the children at the church.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Oh shiiiit, sorry about that

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    thanks for the boobs pic, wikipedia. glad i wasn't at work with the children at the church.

Orphans, no less.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular

fap

aim for face

leave it till it gets all crusty

shake over spaghetti

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I bought some new shoes. It's been a long time, but I've been good at clearing my debt lately so I felt like I should reward myself.

One

Two

Three

Oden on
  • Options

Wash face in shower/sink with whatever soap I have on hand, usually something from Lush. Low-Frequency usage of benzoyl peroxide cream, I use topical clindamycin phosphate fairly regularly.

I think the clindamycin phosphate might be what's drying my skin out, as I'm only noticing flaking in areas where I use it. I'd rather not stop using it though, as it's preeeety effective

Get hold of a humectant toner and a creamy moisturizer that suits your skintype. Click on my blog and go to "Skin Deep" up the top to find some info about toner and moisturizer.

• Options
    Such a shill, viv...

(Reading ya stuff~)

• Options
    I would've typed up a longer post but I was on the train!

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Oden wrote: »
    I bought some new shoes. It's been a long time, but I've been good at clearing my debt lately so I felt like I should reward myself.

One

Two

Three

i like all of those

i need to replace my shoes, i have some black brogues and brown saddle that are hells of worn out

i got some chukka boots from h&m online but they don't fit that great so i'm gonna have to exchange them

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    Experience has taught me that the best way to care for your shoes is to just own a lot of them so they get worn in rotation.

• Options
    I need to start looking for a graduation dress.

And I have no idea where to start. Blargh.

• Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    I need to start looking for a graduation dress.

And I have no idea where to start. Blargh.

That is exciting! Hooray to graduating!

• Options
    I'm not excited at all actually.

But thanks.

• Options
    I skipped my graduation. Problem solved!

• Options
    My parents would throw a fit.

And I'm not entirely sure where I'm living yet. So I'd rather not risk the fit until I have a roof of my own over my head.

It's easier to just sneak my phone into the ceremony and browse the internet for an hour until I hear my name called.

Besides, it's not the actual ceremony that really bugs me. It's actually graduating and leaving school that I don't want to do.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I went to my undergraduate graduation since my school was relatively small - it was a nice event. definitely skipping my MA graduation ceremony though

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    ya my parents are on my ass to attend graduation

luckily i don't have to buy a dress for it

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    I didn't even tell my parents until a week after I graduated. Buuuuut of course I wasn't living with them. :)

I'd seen my boyfriend's a year before and it was soooo boring!

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I was not living with my parents but they flew out for the occasion so I couldn't really tell them no, haha. a bunch of my mom's family came and it was very sweet of them. they threw me a party and got me an ice cream cake!

This discussion has been closed.