As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »
    I was actually about to come in here to ask about cologne, because I've noticed most guys at work seem to wear it (it's an office environment) and I wouldn't mind smelling a little better, but hell if I know where to start.

what uh, what is a not overpowering scent that is kind of clean and masculine that could be dual purpose for work and going out with friends? do any ladies or dudes who like dudes have any favorites?

Armani Code
    Armani Acqua di Gio
    Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue
    Nautica Classic
    Polo Black

I tend to switch amongst these. Currently Armani Code and it has received compliments from certain lady folk.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i'm just going to presume and warn that all links in this post are [NSFW.]
    so, i got properly fitted for a bra on Saturday -- what. a. difference. i knew it would be a Good Thing for years, but made excuses because money and time and whatever. but finally! it is so nice; adequate scaffolding is such a relief after discomfort and outright pain. i am loving this thing (Natori jacquard something or other.)

i'm still squeamish about dropping 60 bucks on one article of clothing without more research (or income), though. so i've been looking up recommendations on good full-bust brands, 'cause Target had not a single thing in my size. i'd appreciate any personal input, especially if you (or someone you know) also happen to wear a US 32 DD. sizing for American women's clothing continues to be maddening.

...i love bloggers -- http://thelingerieaddict.com/2011/06/10-best-brands-for-full-cup-plus-size.html. and for the smaller end of the spectrum -- http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2012/01/resources-for-small-busts.html. (@sheri & @vivixenne, i bet you're helping many more than just us forumers, so keep up the good work!)

@muse among men, i know you also dream of a corset, but gimme summa dem Kiss Me Deadly kit; omg that model is smoking, they might even convert me on long-line undies.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    try VS? their DD bras tend to be way cuter than other DD bras you'd find elsewhere, plus they tend to carry a huge range of sizes

do try them on, though, as everyone makes bras a bit differently

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    In my experience VS's bigger bra sizes are not always so great. There isn't a lot of support there because while they carry larger sizes they are mostly catering to smaller sizes in terms of fashion and comfort.

Sometimes you can luck out though. So it is worth a shot.

I've had some good luck with some Freya brand bras that I got at Nordstom's, but not all of them are a prize either. It really makes buying online a pain.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I would not buy bras online unless you were extremely familiar with the brand and how they style their various bras

like, when I order a demi bra from VS I know precisely what I am getting, so I'm happy to order online from them, but I would never buy a T-shirt bra or any other style bra from them because I don't know how those are designed, even if they are in my size

it's definitely worth trying them on, and it's an idea to go to a department store to do it because they carry a broader range of brands which means you generally have way more fit options

that said department stores are notorious for not always having a broad range of sizes, so there's that

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Yeah. That's usually my problem. They don't have my size in store so I order it online. Sometimes it works out.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    wait is that bra size going from b to dd entirely because if implants? because that's a lot of silicone

• Options
    yeah, i have not had consistent luck at VS size-wise, plus the closest store is always loud, crowded and often perfume-laden, so i don't like to shop or buy there, really. guess i could always browse online and make a strategic foray.

herroom.com looks promising, though i've only ordered tees online, clotheswise. i like the little caveats from the site owner.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    wait is that bra size going from b to dd entirely because if implants? because that's a lot of silicone

people are getting hella fat
    that might have something to do with it

• Options
    edited April 2012
    nope, that would be suggested by the number changing, which is the rib measurement; letter is cup size, which is just the, ahem, projection. from the blog, this comment is helpful as to possibilities. as is this one.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i literally know nothing about breasts or bras or fashion

ugggggggggh

worst girl

• Options
    if knowing that stuff is all it took to be a girl, there would be no sassy gay men in the fashion sphere -- only women -- and that's not a world i'm prepared for.

(ill-fitting bras aside), i've been very happy to know nothing of breasts or bras or fashion outside my own need and interests. just give yourself time, silly; you'll learn what you need/want to know, just like the rest of us.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    tips for sunburn care aside from aloe vera? Should I moisturize along side aloe or?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I usually moisturize then aloe through the day.

Plus lots of water to drink during the day.

The idea is that moisturizer helps retain water. Aloe is full of water. As is water.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I pretty much just wear VS bras

Cuz I I have an average sized bust and don't care about money
    Actually I freak out about money, which may be why I only ever have 1-2 bras in rotation at any given time

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Holy crap, I am straight in love with this from Kiss Me Deadly, pooka.

In love.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    yeah, i have not had consistent luck at VS size-wise, plus the closest store is always loud, crowded and often perfume-laden, so i don't like to shop or buy there, really. guess i could always browse online and make a strategic foray.

herroom.com looks promising, though i've only ordered tees online, clotheswise. i like the little caveats from the site owner.

Thiiiiiis so much, getting a good fit is a crapshoot even between different bras of the same model

@pooka, I've had FigLeaves (NSFW boobs) recommended to me several times. Haven't ordered from them yet but I've been reassured that their customer service and return policy are excellent, so as soon as my current bra repertoire declines I'll be buying from them

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I am lord tiny feet, and have thus ordered shoes off zappos, because the store said they could do orders, but only with half up-front, 10$ extra on the price, and NO returns. They come in today and I am excited! These: http://www.zappos.com/bass-brockton-taupe-suede and hopeeefully they fit and are handsome in person.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Speaking of bras, Freshpair is having a 25% off sale right now.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    My UK underwear chain, which sold the perfect fitting bra for me, closed down end of last year! I have no idea where I'm going to be looking now.

• Options
    LADIES

I need another haircut

I am thinking of leaving my bangs long and then cutting everything else spiky-short starting at the top of my head (not like the whorl). So much like it is now (you've all seen photos) but shorter much closer to my face.

I can't find any good sample photos of what I want though. Disconcerting.

ALSO my regular stylist is on vacation but I don't want to wait until May. Should I try a new salon?

Thoughts?

• Options
    Oh come on guys I didn't mean to kill the thread

• Options
    edited April 2012
    do it! spiky hair is cute.

on a related note, my cousin is getting married Saturday, and i want to get my hair did. that means a walk-in at some studio tomorrow or Friday, and i'm trying to decide how short to go / what style to ask for. i'm thinking around shoulder-length, since it takes so long to grow -- i'd like to keep it longish until i'm utterly sick of it, before hacking it all off.

links!
    ... but these are so cuuuuuuute
    http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollections4/haarformer3.htm
    http://www.hair.becomegorgeous.com/stylish_haircuts/modern_bob_haircuts_2012-5937.html
    http://www.hair.becomegorgeous.com/stylish_haircuts/ontrend_choppy_bob_haircuts-4564.html

anyway, i'm thinking something like this, maybe?
    c005shortinossalondaysp.jpg
    or
    http://www.thehairstyler.com/hairstyles/alternative/long/straight/london-hair-salon-charleston-sc-usa-8666?ref=hair_types
    which would just be a slightly cleaned up & styled version of my hair right now.
    ...the last time i had my hair done in a salon, i was a pre-teen. so lost.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    LADIES

I need another haircut

I am thinking of leaving my bangs long and then cutting everything else spiky-short starting at the top of my head (not like the whorl). So much like it is now (you've all seen photos) but shorter much closer to my face.

I can't find any good sample photos of what I want though. Disconcerting.

ALSO my regular stylist is on vacation but I don't want to wait until May. Should I try a new salon?

Thoughts?

How late in May? I mean, it's practically May now. So, unless she's gone for like the entire month or something, I'd say wait for her. But do it! It sounds cute (and not dissimilar from my haircut, actually. Which I should probably post some better pictures of.)

Of course, I get my hair cut at Great Clips because I'm broke, so maybe don't take my advice about salons.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    Make Cloud proud!

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Lady SH convinced me to sign up for Birchbox Men. Should be here in a couple days.

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Short hair is always fun, I saw go for it!

I feel like I am so close to finalizing my makeup collection; it is a beautiful feeling ;_;

• Options
    What are you missing, Muse?

Sheri - if it's what I'm picturing, that haircut would look really cute on you!

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I just need some finishing powder and primer. Maybe some eyeshadows for a smokey eye, not too hung up on that because dramatic browns work for me

• Options
    Thanks guys! I mean, it's short already, you've seen it

The thing that I'm concerned about mostly is having the short hair start so much closer to the front of my head

Every short hairstyle I see has everything from the whorl being slightly longer and brushed forward, everything behind that being short. So I'm not sure if it would look weird

@MadEddy lemme see yo hairs again maybe it will help

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Scudo wrote: »
    I was actually about to come in here to ask about cologne, because I've noticed most guys at work seem to wear it (it's an office environment) and I wouldn't mind smelling a little better, but hell if I know where to start.

what uh, what is a not overpowering scent that is kind of clean and masculine that could be dual purpose for work and going out with friends? do any ladies or dudes who like dudes have any favorites?

Armani Code
    Armani Acqua di Gio
    Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue
    Nautica Classic
    Polo Black

I tend to switch amongst these. Currently Armani Code and it has received compliments from certain lady folk.

I got a small bottle of Curve on @Vivixenne 's recommendation and I really like it, plus it was cheap

I am writing down Armani Code to check out in the near future, since I can already see myself falling down this cologne rabbit hole

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    @Scudo, I really like Kenzo Homme & Armani He, but admittedly I am a bit of a perfume/cologne nerd!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    seanhannahaircut.jpg
    but shorter with all the flyaway bits?

i think you might be wanting similar to what i had -- i only have terrible pictures, sorry, but i've mspainted (paint.net, actually) one up to maybe help:
    hairillustration.jpg
    the curve is where the fringe started, basically at my hairline; bangs were waaaay short, but free haircut and styling, so no complaints. the pouf in the middle was where it was faux-hawking a bit, but everything behind my hairline was spiky. plus that was a day or so after it was cut, so still in that awkward phase, but it was a really cute look.

with minimal tending, it grew out into this:
    n1713185837043838254.jpg
    which i looooved. hair is brushed forward from the back/top of my head.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Oh man, that is awesome hair

was it difficult to maintain?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    nope, just the occasional snip when i thought something was out of place. and that's with no product! ... i am usually rather lazy with these things, so the most styling i did was zhushing with some water, or maaaaybe some touches of pomade.

also, going to a salon is supposed to be fun, right? augh, nervous!

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Getting a new haircut is always kind of a nerve inducing thing, I don't think you can avoid that!

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    pooka wrote: »
    seanhannahaircut.jpg
    but shorter with all the flyaway bits?

Good god no, nothing like this

More like your short one, but with long side swept bangs

• Options
    I also am tired of having the hair on the top of my head go forward towards my bangs

I've decided I don't like it anymore, which is partially why I want to start the short part earlier

• Options
    I'll post some pictures once I get up and get showered. (What? It's finals week and I have no exams today.) Mine is also kind of asymmetrical, though; I part it pretty deeply to the left, so most of my bangs are on the right, and that side is a little longer.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Cursed forum

To clarify, all side-swept bangs off to the side

Sheri on
This discussion has been closed.