As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I am also jealous of all of you ladies who can rock short hair. my giant face won't let me pull it off.

I have to admit I can't quiiite picture what you're looking for, sheri! looking forward to pictures when you get it done!

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I just finally got a haircut. I was looking beiby. Now im back to my longest hair being an inch and most of my head bein buzzed. Feels good

Like a baby seal

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    also, im planning on picking up a new pair of glasses this summer and would like to take some suggestions! dont worry about color/shape, just post some frames you think are cool if you please!

For a lower budget option if you want some cheapo glasses you can just muck around with, zenni optical does glasses at around $20-30 a pair and while they're hardly the best glasses I've ever had in my life they are totally wearable and considering I've paid more for a manicure than I paid for my primary pair of glasses I certainly cannot complain. If you order from them, do get the anti reflective coating though, or you'll be able to clearly see your eyes reflected back at you when you wear them. I bought these without the E and I like them for the price.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    ladies

the destinations for my and Blake's US trip are: LA, Seattle (PAX! :3), Boston, New York

IF YOU LIVE IN ANY OF THESE PLACES OR WILL BE NEAR ANY OF THESE PLACES WE SHOULD TOTES HANG OUT

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Oh man Viv you're gonna have fun in NY

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Alright, so what kind/brand of cologne should I look for?

Find my post. I'm too lazy.

Nothing. Matters.
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Oh man Viv you're gonna have fun in NY

oh I know, I've been there before and I loved it

Blake really wants to go and he's never been so that is why we are making the stop

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Let's all of us go bra shopping.

>:[

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    >:[

What?

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Cologne is for bustas.

Natural pheromones are the way to go.

You will know this by all the fly honeys that congregate around me at all times.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The other thing about cologne shopping is take a lady with you. Not your mom but a lady who you would like to sex or are sexing. I have absolutely no sense of how things smell on me, I've picked colognes out that I liked the smell of and had ladies go "man that's just no good." Don't trust your own nose, you're not wearing it to smell yourself.

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Guys seriously

I have been looking forward to my haircut all week

Also I love the short but I need the longer bangs to frame my face (also why I love long dangly earrings)

@Kochikens wanna see dem hairs

• Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    everytime I cut my hair short I regret it

every

time

I hope I've learned my lesson this time

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    The other thing about cologne shopping is take a lady with you. Not your mom but a lady who you would like to sex or are sexing. I have absolutely no sense of how things smell on me, I've picked colognes out that I liked the smell of and had ladies go "man that's just no good." Don't trust your own nose, you're not wearing it to smell yourself.

I definitely wear perfume to smell myself

kQwcZLJ.png
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

I definitely wear perfume to smell myself

And I'm sure you smell great, girls pretty much always smell great. Guys, by contrast, get sold these overpoweringly weird musky things and we're dumb and clueless and go I guess that's ok? And then spend the next week repelling everyone until they figure out what's going on. I honestly don't care what I smell like, so long as it's appealing to other people.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    since we are talking about hair I'm thinking of doing something with longer hair since I have had the same hair style for oh.. 15 years.

this is one from earlier in the thread when it's short:
    profileyp.jpg

this is what it looks like now, and I am pretty bad at self pictures because this really was the best one:
    clipboard01td.jpg

but I don't really know what to do with it when it's longer since usually all I do is mat it down with my hand.

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I have a ten dollar birthday coupon at Ulta that's fixing to expire. Trying to decide what to spend it on.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    I would recommend keeping it short because you seem a lot happier.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Let's all of us go bra shopping.

Remember to get me something.

I am watching say yes to the dress: bridesmaids and I am horrified that people have to shell out hundreds of dollars for dresses they hate! if you are making your bridesmaids buy a certain dress at least pay for it, jeeeeez. also on this particular episode the bride has her seven year old sister as her maid of honor, and her 25 year old sister as just a bridesmaid, and chose the dress based on what would suit the seven year old. bizarre.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Yeah apparently it can get pretty costly to be a bridesmaid.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Welp, just had the "you're a nice guy BUT..." Talk with the boy I've been dating. :( never get tired of hearing that phrase

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Yeah apparently it can get pretty costly to be a bridesmaid.

Yes. In the UK it's customary to pay for everything for the bridal party, but for some reason in the US the bridal party's expected to help with and fork out for all kinds of crazy stuff! And it's supposed to be an honor...
    Welp, just had the "you're a nice guy BUT..." Talk with the boy I've been dating. :( never get tired of hearing that phrase

:( I'm sorry.

I think part of it comes from the fact that usually if you have a sister (or several) they are part of the wedding party. So either they fork over money for their own dress to help out or the parents of the bride do.

But if you're asking your bridesmaids to pay for their own dress then you should keep the cost down and the look that you want flexible. I think being set on a color, as long as it's flattering on everyone and not something super crazy, is fine. But I think you should at least attempt to find something that your bridesmaids will get a use out of later. Though that never seems to happen.

@Metzger Meister I'm really sorry to hear that! How are you feeling?

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I think part of it comes from the fact that usually if you have a sister (or several) they are part of the wedding party. So either they fork over money for their own dress to help out or the parents of the bride do.

But if you're asking your bridesmaids to pay for their own dress then you should keep the cost down and the look that you want flexible. I think being set on a color, as long as it's flattering on everyone and not something super crazy, is fine. But I think you should at least attempt to find something that your bridesmaids will get a use out of later. Though that never seems to happen.

well, I'm not gonna pretend that I'm not bummed out, but I figure that everyone deserves to be with someone they wanna be with, and more than that, that both he and I deserve to be with someone eho wabts to be with them. I'm just gonna be mature about it, I guess.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    also on this particular episode the bride has her seven year old sister as her maid of honor, and her 25 year old sister as just a bridesmaid, and chose the dress based on what would suit the seven year old. bizarre.
    Well, reality television is where our society puts the people that are just distinctly strange enough that we can reflect on ourselves and say, "At least I am not that other," but not so crazy that we risk feeling some kind of pity, remorse, concern for societal standards, or psychological abruption in response to their lives.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Anyway, I desperately need a haircut. I'll try to post some before and after pictures this week so I can resign myself to spending $50 on something that'll last 2 months at best.

I am watching say yes to the dress: bridesmaids and I am horrified that people have to shell out hundreds of dollars for dresses they hate! if you are making your bridesmaids buy a certain dress at least pay for it, jeeeeez. also on this particular episode the bride has her seven year old sister as her maid of honor, and her 25 year old sister as just a bridesmaid, and chose the dress based on what would suit the seven year old. bizarre.

Yet another reason why @Stareosarus is rad. She said "buy a dress that YOU LIKE in this color. Buy an inexpensive dress that you will wear again." Also navy is an awesome color on me so that's always good.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

That sucks man, sorry that it didn't work out

It doesn't help now, but you are a nice guy! And because of that there'll be somebody else down the road

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Anyway, I desperately need a haircut. I'll try to post some before and after pictures this week so I can resign myself to spending $50 on something that'll last 2 months at best.

Might need to make a new beauty thread for it, because I'm pretty sure your hair will take up the next 65 pages if you post it.

<3

Sara Lynn on

well, I'm not gonna pretend that I'm not bummed out, but I figure that everyone deserves to be with someone they wanna be with, and more than that, that both he and I deserve to be with someone eho wabts to be with them. I'm just gonna be mature about it, I guess.

That is a very mature way to look at it. I'm glad that you're able to look ahead. Things will work out.

edited April 2012
    Okay here is (a shitty picture of) RAD NEW HAIRCUT

ugnMA.jpg

Also today I learned that my iPhone FUCKING SUCKS at taking pictures. EDIT WTF THAT ISN'T EVEN THE SAME EMOTE

Sheri on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular

Awww I'm sorry :(

Nice hair @Sheri, nice! I like the highlights!

No highlights

That's just my hair

I think it might be the lighting

Also it's spikier than it looks here

I have about 50 terrible pictures of it

Sheri wrote: »
    Okay here is (a shitty picture of) RAD NEW HAIRCUT

ugnMA.jpg

Also today I learned that my iPhone FUCKING SUCKS at taking pictures. EDIT WTF THAT ISN'T EVEN THE SAME EMOTE

Firstly, you look fantastic, you can really pull off the short hair look.

Secondly, iPhones are super good at pictures and I don't wanna suggest that its user error ir anything buuuuuuuuutttt...

edited April 2012
    Yes because clearly I don't know how to take photos

Nope that's what is most likely here

Seriously, though, I think the camera in my iPhone may be messed up. I'm noticing that it tends to take blurry photos when it really as no excuse to be so blurry. If it were a DSLR I would say the shutter speed is too slow for the light conditions.

Maybe the metering is messed up on it.

Sheri on
    looks fantastic! jealous of the highlight thing you have going on, even if it is lighting!

edited April 2012
    That is not seriously annoyed btw

Its hard to express joking sarcasm on the internet

EDIT: here is a side photo!

WVKlx.jpg

OH HEY THAT IS NOT THE RIGHT IMGUR LINK OKAY FIXED

Sheri on
    OMG I almost just had a heart attack

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME IMGUR

This discussion has been closed.