As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I've found that short hair + long earrings can be suuuuuuper cute (I do it as often as possible)

Clip ons aren't as popular but I'll bet you can find some cute ones

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    pretty much all this advice you guys are giving me is stuff i can't do while i'm under the same roof as my dad

i'm saving it in a word document but

:(

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I knooooow that must make things so hard :(

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    And not to deflate you, but you'd probably look best in a chin length cut regardless.

My hair foibles: I can't style my hair either and I guess it is high time to learn. I don't like how big it looks right now but I'm not keen on not having enough hair to cover my face with. Getting the braces removed at the end of the year will be really helpful. And then finally I can have something done about that tic. It has been years, but I can't do anything about it because it requires an MRI, impossible until months after the braces come off because of trace metal particulates in my jaw.

Other things: weird sense of dissatisfaction with my skintone. Spoilered for whiny.
    As a little girl I was just about the biggest little narcissist. I loved my jet-black hair and my complexion. And then I grew up and my hair got a bit lighter and my skin darker. My eyes aren't jet-black anymore either, and they used to be up until I was 7. I started wearing sunscreen daily about a month ago, and that along with my glycolic acid lotion lightened up my skintone. I was pretty pleased with it. I really like the contrast of light skin with dark hair. If I wore the sunscreen more thickly and wore sunhats and sunglasses I could get paler, especially in the fall/winter (not that SoCal loses that much sunlight to begin with). The immediate problem: my hair stands out against pale skin. When my skin is tan you don't noticed the peach fuzz so much. A lot of Hispanic women have darker facial/body hair that you don't really notice against their darker skintones. This doesn't hold up once my skin is lighter, and I didn't think it was much of a problem before. My options are:

A) stay pale and bleach and wax/epilate my face and body as soon as hair re-pigments/grows
    or
    B) tan everywhere.

Neither are really desirable. Even though my skin became darker with age, within the past couple of years it also proved to be surprisingly sensitive to sunlight. Since I did not want to bother with sunscreen I'd cover up even in the summer; I'd be hot but I wouldn't be burning. I know I can tan but I don't know if it would be pleasant. Plus, I've gotten really paranoid about my skin getting fucked up when I'm older. I bought the sunscreen so my skin wouldn't go nuts in sunlight with the glycolic acid lotion, but keeping my skin nice for decades into the future was a strong motivation and the paler complexion was just a side-benefit. On the other hand constant vigilance for paler skin seems tiring, my hair is still dark. And dark enough so everywhere else since my skin became more sensitive to sunlight, I was good enough about staying covered up that my body became quite pale.

Get everything lasered off someday :? Especially my underarms, they are pale because I only wear sleeved shirts, and shaving doesn't leave them looking smooth, only wax does.

I also feel like I should be guilty about wanting to be paler, even if it comes from a really weird sense of aesthetic I never quite outgrew. There are like, race issues there; I don't think there should be, but I can't make the tension between personal satisfaction and public broadcast just go away either. That has been bothering me a lot lately in many ways and I don't know how to feel about it. You say things about yourself with how you choose to style and dress yourself and I feel like the things I like and that make me feel good don't help me socially or are interpreted in a way that is not accurate about myself. Kind of like you are lying with the things you wear on your face and body, except they are lying about things that aren't true.

[edit] damn that was long.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Living in Australia and seeing many "sun kissed" people. Not having an ozone layer will do that for you.

Once they hit thirty five, they look like they're in their mid to late forties. It is not a good look.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Damn, Muse. That sure is a wall of text!

Edit: also, I've been looking at possibly buying a suit or two but there's so much shit to learn about. I also hope I can find one that fits well, or find a tailor to alter it that is good at what they do since I'm tall and lanky but have a potbelly and that's gotta be weird with how stuff fits.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Oh man, saw some Oxford shirts on sale today, between $44-69. I was really tempted but I've promised myself no more clothes purchases, except for some nice brown shoes maybe, until I get a job.

• Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Living in Australia and seeing many "sun kissed" people. Not having an ozone layer will do that for you.

Once they hit thirty five, they look like they're in their mid to late forties. It is not a good look.

Ouch, sun damage is sad times. :( I am super fair and I am always checking for the shady spot if I am outdoors. I actually choose the parks we play at based on the cloudiness and available shade that day. Plus, I chase babypastry around and reapply sunblock, reposition his sunglasses, etc. all the time because I want to protect him so badly. Aghhh, when are we going to invent something super easy that will completely protect us all (this would really help me enjoy the outdoors more!)???

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

Living in the Rockies was like this. People go from mid-twenties to late forties with no in-between. I have a friend who's 31 and looks a lot like The Dude, and that's almost entirely being outside at 6,000-10,000 feet above sea level. I used to go bike riding in tank tops from 7am to 8am and I still ended up with tan arms.

Anti can you get a summer job or something and get the hell out of the house during the summer? If you got an outdoor job you could probably sun-lighten your hair and have an excuse for it!

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Bits, I am late, but I am really sorry to hear about your grandfather. :(

thank you, I really do appreciate all of the kind words in this thread. my grandparents are the most wonderful people. and stylish. check them out:
    Picture25-3.png

@antimatter, I'm sorry about your hair! it is quite an emotional experience to have your hair cut in a way you don't want, especially if forced : (

muse, I am kind of in the same boat coloring wise, except I have the opposite feeling about my skin tone. I've worn sunscreen every day for years because I am paranoid about sun damage, but I wish I were naturally darker for aesthetic reasons and because sometimes I don't feel filipino enough and maybe being darker would help that somehow (sounds quite silly when I type it out). I feel conspicuous among my darker-skinned family, even though I am darker than my very pale filipino mother. there are some weird racial issues there I haven't really taken the time to wrap my head around.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Alright, didn't know where to put this, but as this thread seems to be the most well versed in my love life, here goes.

Your little metzger is no longer a stranger to the ways of men. :3C you could say I have become a man!
    I'm saying I lost my vcard, he was very nice and it was only slightly awkward and totally a good time now I'll shut up

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    @Metzger Meister gosh, congrats! I'm glad you had fun with each other haha

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Hey Metz I hope this doesn't sound patronising but reading your stories has been cute as hell and I'm very happy to see you've enjoyed yourselves!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I agree!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Janson wrote: »
    Bits, I am late, but I am really sorry to hear about your grandfather. :(

thank you, I really do appreciate all of the kind words in this thread. my grandparents are the most wonderful people. and stylish. check them out:
    Picture25-3.png

@antimatter, I'm sorry about your hair! it is quite an emotional experience to have your hair cut in a way you don't want, especially if forced : (

muse, I am kind of in the same boat coloring wise, except I have the opposite feeling about my skin tone. I've worn sunscreen every day for years because I am paranoid about sun damage, but I wish I were naturally darker for aesthetic reasons and because sometimes I don't feel filipino enough and maybe being darker would help that somehow (sounds quite silly when I type it out). I feel conspicuous among my darker-skinned family, even though I am darker than my very pale filipino mother. there are some weird racial issues there I haven't really taken the time to wrap my head around.

This tie, accounting for the period, is awesome.

Blake T on
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Hi 5, Metz!

And Anti, your hair was so pretty before and I can't blame you for being upset, but the new cut is pretty cute! I wish I lived nearer to you; I'd totally abduct you for a day of stealth girly things so you could be yourself for a little while with your dad none the wiser.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Alright, didn't know where to put this, but as this thread seems to be the most well versed in my love life, here goes.

Your little metzger is no longer a stranger to the ways of men. :3C you could say I have become a man!
    I'm saying I lost my vcard, he was very nice and it was only slightly awkward and totally a good time now I'll shut up

Congrats man, good for you!

per my contract I have to light the @Keith signal

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    HELP ME LADIES

(and also jewelry-wearing guys)

I have no idea if my wedding band is too loose

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    When your hands are cold, does it want to fall off? When your hands are hot, is it painful? It should ideally be neither.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    if it ever comes off without getting wedged in something it is too loose

didn't the ring seller person size up your finger or something

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    HELP ME LADIES

hard to believe anything is loose when shoved onto your sausage fingers

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    HELP ME LADIES

Your

Mother

• Options
    um anti my mom's wedding band fit's perfectly

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    and that apostrophe is staying there

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    well

i can't look in the mirror without crying anymore

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Congrats man, good for you!

per my contract I have to light the @Keith signal

g0rBj.gif

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Got dat hair cut today

picture later maybe

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    I have never had dandruff in my life and then my roommate had some now I have dandruff

This makes no sense!!!

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Its contagious Swill

Run

• Options
    Nah I'm gonna infect everyone

Head & shoulders & braiiiiiiins

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    @Bowtiedseal: your grandparents are lovely in that pic! Your grandpa looks baller as hell and your granny has such nice hair. I had been thinking of trying pincurls on myself this weekend and since I have bangs it might end up looking a bit like that, but messier, obviously.

I never resembled anyone in my family at any point in my life and don't really seem to look like any particular race according to most people, I can commiserate with you. I have heard Filipina before though, at least a few times.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular

And yeah I look pretty ambiguous. Hardly get any right guesses.

• Options
    crwth wrote: »
    HELP ME LADIES

found ya burn @crwth

your butthole sure will be

• Options
    my butthole always burns :(

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    oh wait wait i see yeah

my butthole is always loose too

it's a big ol cavern that place is

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Don't admit guilt, I don't want to be tried as an accessory to the crime

• Options
    Crwth get your buttstuff out of our lovely thread!

• Options
    If you can't do the time, don't spread your friend's butthole

• Options
    edited May 2012
    if you stare into crwth's rectal abyss

it stares back

and then it blinks

Or winks? It's hard to tell.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Crwth get your buttstuff out of our lovely thread!

my buttstuff is everywhere

EzUAYcn.png
This discussion has been closed.