As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's no job thread? Now there is!

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    facetious wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips for a phone interview?

Mostly I want to distract myself from my dumb nerves.

Scar_Expected.jpg for it.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    i <3 it

<3<3

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    no <3 for my job post.
    no <3 for meeeee

Hugs for you Neville.

So many hugs.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips for a phone interview?

Mostly I want to distract myself from my dumb nerves.

This is probably terrible advice, but I had a few beers before mine.

I mean, I got the job though, so :whistle:

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    no <3 for my job post.
    no <3 for meeeee

If you leave, I have no more inside guy at Blizzard :(

(I do <3 u tho)

godmode on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Haha, well I do have trouble loosening up. But naaaah.

Also neville you gets <3s. All the <3s.
    Also the dicks.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    sadly I'm getting few <3's or dicks!
    but it's all good.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So after busting my balls trying to do the work of two people for the better part of a year, I finally told my boss I just can't handle the workload I'm expected to be dealing with. I can do one job, but not two, and he's been very reasonable and agrees but has asked me which one I want to give up.

So now I need to decide what to do about that, because I honestly hadn't got that far through 'this/these job(s) is/are killing me'.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    Neville

If you get a new job, you better still work into your contract or whatever those days in June.

Or else.

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    When in doubt Lucas always choose the one with the bigger boobs.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well... if I stay tech lead, I have more flexi-time and can spend more time with my pregnant wife, who has fabulous breasts that have already gone up a cup size.

On the other hand, if I stay in my co-ordinator role, I move along the management track and get this '.....' much closer to getting a cute office assistant so I have can have perky breasts at work and at home.

So let's say one has an immediate payoff of 10% more breasts now, and the other will lead to a 100% increase in breasts at some point in the future.

I'm torn.

Fishman on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Second option adoy.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'd actually say you should go with the co-ordinator job. Gotta think about the future, man.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    They're actually both about the same in advancing my career, it's just different tracks. And, most likely, I'll probably only move to tech lead for the next six months in a senior project position and then switch back to co-ordinator anyway.

That will also have the effect of forcing them to go to the market for the co-ordinator role, which I suspect is a six-figure salary or close to; so if I put them in the position of hiring a contractor for six months and then switching, I'll be a damned fine position to negotiate for a 20k payrise, rather then just the 3k I'm getting now.

I'm not sure how that effects the boobie quotient.

• Options
    Actually, either way I'm probably good for a minimum 10k payrise.

Give me less work and more money pls.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Your wife's boobs will eventually decrease again though.

Second option seems better as you are allowed to swap the cute assistants breasts out for new ones every so often.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Dear That Dave Fella

Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.

Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
    requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
    work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Vancouver or I've a friend in Montreal that I could stay with.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Dear That Dave Fella

Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.

Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
    requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
    work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.

Neat! Do you know where you want to go?

• Options
    Hi5 Dave

• Options
    I have till April 2013 to get to Canada. I'm going to look for a job around here so I can try and save some more money. The hunt continues!

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    I have till April 2013 to get to Canada. I'm going to look for a job around here so I can try and save some more money. The hunt continues!

IrishNeedNotApply.jpg

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i wish i could go to canada

i need to see what all this "poutine" business is about

so i can more adequately judge it

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Woo my main competition in the lab for the supervisor position just told me he doesn't want the job.
    Now, to see if main boss dude promotes me, or tries to do weird book keeping and move somebody, who is paid more than I am, over from a different dept. Don't know if anybody else wants the job, though. Hooray promotion by default?

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    the two greatest words in the english language

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Got a voicemail from a place I applied to a few weeks ago. They want to set up an interview for Thursday.

I went from thinking, `Why haven't these fucking people called me? My resume rocks.' to 'Oh god, I need to get my suit dry cleaned and could probably use a haircut. Why didn't I do that instead of play Zelda all last weekend.'

Oh well. I'll give 'em call later when my boss leaves.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    At home depot doing new hire training on the computer (out on lunch break right now)

They hid me in a little closet with a computer so "none of the other managers will see you and send you home" because I guess they've been cutting hours again

some of these modules are super long
    sadly I'm getting few <3's or dicks!
    but it's all good.

I only have the one to give

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MortalToasterMortalToaster Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

i am in canada this week for work, and cannot wait to judge some poutine. that stuff is delicious

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Hey, how did that one guy's trip go where he was flown to Montreal or something to pick up a cheque only to fly back to some other city to deposit said cheque (the same day)?

That still boggles my mind.

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

i am in canada this week for work, and cannot wait to judge some poutine. that stuff is delicious

I always think this is the Irish devil potato spirit when I read it.

Then I realise I'm mistaken. Sadly sadly mistaken.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    LaOs wrote: »
    Hey, how did that one guy's trip go where he was flown to Montreal or something to pick up a cheque only to fly back to some other city to deposit said cheque (the same day)?

Wasn't that @Butters?

• Options

think that was @butters

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Its a part time job, and no. Basically I got the raise, in my eval that was due to corporate in March, I have reminded her to submit it three seperate times now and she keeps "forgetting" at the end of this weeks shes going away for a week and I won't get it until at the earilerst, mid may, when I earned it, first of March.

Basically its a way for her to save on payroll budget by not paying people what they have earned because she is a living walking hunk of human refuse.

If you have a corporate HR department, you should contact them once it goes in. Some places have a policy about back paying approved raises.

• Options
    Fyndir wrote: »

Wasn't that @Butters?

and nobody has heard from him since...

dun dun DUNNNNNNNNN

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Woooo! Today is an awesome day at my office. I have had a painfully slow week here at the dealership and haven't sold anything for about five days. That changed today and I was able to make a decent amount of money off my first sale of the day today. We had a used 2010 Ford F-350 on the lot that was for sell. The internet price on it was $41,000. Since we don't put the price of our used cars on the window stickers I was able to tell the customer that it was for sell for just under $48,000 and made $1000 in commission! I love car deals like that because it gives you such a high when its completed. Steak dinner for me tonight! :D

So who wants to buy a car from me today? :3

As for my other job, the storm chasing one, I hit a deer last Saturday during the big tornado outbreak in Kansas. Despite getting a butt load of footage and what not I totaled my Jeep and have been unable to chase since then. I likely won't be mobile on my own again until next week. :c

Chimera on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

Ah yes, the boondoggle

I'm having a boondoggle of my own this weekend apparently

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    no <3 for my job post.
    no <3 for meeeee

Nevs, why are you looking for a new job? I thought you had a sweet gig?
    but yes, <3

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

Ah yes, the boondoggle

I'm having a boondoggle of my own this weekend apparently

Penicillin cures that

This discussion has been closed.