As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Of Yordles, Suppordles and Sort-of-Yordles

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Graves, Nasus, Trundle, Leona are like the only champs I know how to really play anymore

I'm starting to learn Shyvana, I haven't played Singed in many patches and I feel like I should pick him back up

I really should just start soloqueuing and practice more

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Solo queue giveth and solo queue taketh away.

In this case solo queue gives me an opposing team without a single interrupt as Kat.

Then gives me a team even I can't carry with that.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I didn't think wukong was really good against vlad, but he has an easy match up with irelia so I guess that would make sense since his lv3 damage is way above what they can sustain back.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Graves, Nasus, Trundle, Leona are like the only champs I know how to really play anymore

I'm starting to learn Shyvana, I haven't played Singed in many patches and I feel like I should pick him back up

I really should just start soloqueuing and practice more
    I don't feel Singed is safe any more. Too many of the popular solo tops will just bully him around and take that advantage into midgame and crush.

Same with Nasus, though I didn't play him all that much.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I didn't think wukong was really good against vlad, but he has an easy match up with irelia so I guess that would make sense since his lv3 damage is way above what they can sustain back.

yep

if runed and played properly, wukong's a one-man kill lane and vlad can't hold up under the brute force of it

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    How do I rune/play him properly

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

22 AD page

21/9/0

EQQ

balls-deep

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »

22 AD page

21/9/0

EQQ

balls-deep

Didn't balls deep with a monkey get us AIDS?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Fratmogs Olaf too strong.

So apparently if you let Yorick spam his ghouls until he can't use his ult, you can kill him pretty easily.
    OlafApril2.png

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    e gives you more damage than q

• Options
    LogicowLogicow Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    To play ranked, you need to have a champion you can use for each role (solo top, mid, jungle, bot AD, bot support), an AP runepage and an AD runepage.

AP runepage should have magic penetration reds.
    AD runepage should have armor penetration or attack damage reds, armor yellows.
    The rest of the runes depend on the circumstances but you want tier 3 in all your slots. The AD runes are important for junglers. AD carries can get by with sub-optimal / jungler runes. flat AD and flat armor are good.

Usually you're okay with a mix of the viable 450ip champs and the free champs of the week.

Decent tops are Razor/Alienware giveaway Nightmare Cho'Gath, 450 ip Poppy, Inactive account giveaway Perseus Pantheon.

Decent mids are 450 ip Ryze, 450 ip Annie.

Decent AD carries are 450 ip Sivir, 450 ip ashe, facebook giveaway Riot girl Tristana.

Decent supports are 450 ip Soraka, Facebook giveaway unchained Alistar.

Decent junglers are 450 ip Nunu, Alistar, Cho'Gath.

Free week AP carries are usually good. This week they had Swain and Kassadin, and next week they have Karthus and Ziggs.

Free week supports are usually decent too.

if I were to play ranked right now, I'd be confident with:
    Ahri, Alistar, Amumu, Annie, Ashe, Caitlyn, Janna, Lulu, Morgana, Ryze (with a special runepage), Sivir, Soraka, Swain, Taric, Tristana, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Urgot, Warwick.

Logicow on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Guys I am so bad at this game.
    WpWJC.jpg

I was making fun of the Olaf's assists because they said Olaf was better because he was giving his team more kills. Because Riven doesn't carry or anything.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I keep forgetting that I shouldn't play AD champions in Dominion ever since I blew up my runepage that's specific for AD in Dominion.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    7 game losing streak in blind solo queue. This is getting ridiculous. I had a game where a top singed vs kog maw was 0/7/0 by 12 minutes. Then kog just started running around killing everyone. I am getting the worst teammates I have seen, ever.

• Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    WpWJC.jpg

I was making fun of the Olaf's assists because they said Olaf was better because he was giving his team more kills. Because Riven doesn't carry or anything.

Isn't Pookie Boo dating Voyboy?

qFN53.png
  • Options
    Trus wrote: »
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    WpWJC.jpg

Isn't Pookie Boo dating Voyboy?

Huh. Looking Pookie Boo up, she is a fan of all the pro teams, so I bet it's her. She's also really, really cute.

• Options
    you're thinking of pooksieboo, not pookie boo

(i know way too much about lol players)

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Hey guys/gals, I have a question. How many champs do you really play on a regular basis? I have 7 that I feel 100% confident in that I can pull out any time and play in ranked, then about 3 or 4 more I feel I could do well with if I was counterpicking someone.

I also only have 2 roles that I feel completely competent in.

On a regular basis I'd probably say I play Fiora, Lux, Ahri, Lee Sin, Riven, and Lulu these days.

In terms of who I feel comfortable I would say

Top: Riven, Fiora, Mordekaiser, Vladimir
    Middle: Ahri, Brand, Lux, Ziggs, Annie, Cassiopeia, Talon
    Bottom: Graves, Sivir
    Support: Lulu, Leona
    Jungle: Shyvana, Lee Sin

A few of those can cover other roles as well but I'd say those cover the ones I feel really comfortable with these days.

In a pinch I can play Maokai, Sejuani, Nautilus, Fizz, Ziggs, Katarina, Xerath, Volibear, Caitlyn pretty reliably.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    all urgot all the time

• Options
    you're thinking of pooksieboo, not pookie boo

(i know way too much about lol players)

It was actually Pooksieboo I found.. It's getting late..

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Maokai is best because seeing an entire team scatter and run from a Sapling is a special moment. And they have the best sound effects in the game. (I learned they were voiced by Udyr the other day. The Rioter, not the champ, of course.)

I swear there's a spell effect in Rift that sounds just like a Derpling.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Enemy team steals my Kennen ---> Counterpick with LB and make them cry.
    Enemy team bans Kennen and takes Fizz ---> Oh hi, I'm Vlad, and I don't give a fuck. Diediediediediediedie.

Good games tonight.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Quite a few of the characters I really like I almost never play because they kind of suck most of the time. Teemo is just really bad at laning against basically everyone; Zilean is iffy and has one of the worst last hit animations in the game, which wouldn't be so bad if I ever practiced him mid. I think the last time I played Zilean was when I got stuck playing support in solo queue. Can't trust them guys to set up a kill, so just go zil and super aggressive with bombs.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    all urgot all the time
    I generally dislike seeing Urgot on the team. Puts so much pressure on bot lane to kill/deny hard and if they can't accomplish that, Urgot was a wasted pick and will probably cost you the game.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Hmm interesting question. At the moment:

Dominion: Malzahar bottom most games, if not then maybe Ziggs, Ezreal, or Pantheon
    Summoner's Rift: Jungle Mundo/Udyr/Rammus (though Rammus got hit pretty hard), mid Ziggs/Karthus, support Janna

So I guess it's a stable of about 8-9 champions. There's plenty more that I've played enough to be relatively comfortable but it's been a long time and I may not know how to use them in the current meta.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I've playing a lot of Yorick whenever I get stuck top. He's boring, yes, but Nasus is easy to counter pick, Teemo kind of sucks, and I don't really play other tops. Aside from miss fortune trolol. Also, last time this happened, the other team played no Jungler and had 2 top. Yorick to save the day.

I don't mid if I can help it. If I get stuck as it, its Ryze or Zilean.

Bottom I play Graves, Ashe, or Miss Fortune as carry or Taric as support. I can also play Soraka, Alistar, Zilean as support, but I never do.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    all urgot all the time
    I generally dislike seeing Urgot on the team. Puts so much pressure on bot lane to kill/deny hard and if they can't accomplish that, Urgot was a wasted pick and will probably cost you the game.

You mean if Urgot goes bot? He can mid, too.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    all urgot all the time

You mean if Urgot goes bot? He can mid, too.
    That's true. But whenever I see Urgot, I usually see him in bot lane for whatever reason.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Urgot puts a ton of pressure on a lot of popular mid lane champions as he can harass them really heavily with minimal exposure to ganks.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Ohhhh yeah, and Talon

love Talon

don't get to play him as much as I'd like

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    That'd probably be much better instead of having no AD carry and not even a workable bruiser if your awesome kill lane fails. You can live without an AP mid, you're just more inclined to run something like Rumble top and Cho in the jungle.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Or Urgot/Talon mid as a counterpick, Vlad or Kennen top, Cho or Maokai in the jungle, keep an AD Carry bot?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    I've found I can eat Brand and Cass alive as Urgot mid so there's that.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    When someone picks Nasus top I will never pass up the chance to pick Teemo.

Also has the best KSing from the other side of the map.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Top: Yorick (safest), Cho'gath, Singed, Nautilus, Teemo
    Jungle: Nocturne, Nautilus
    Mid: Xerath, Karthus, Annie, Morgana, Brand, Kassadin
    AD Carry: Kog'maw, Ashe, Caitlyn
    Support: Soraka, Lulu, Nautilus

Of champions I have and would like to learn, have Lee Sin/Udyr/Riven (top/jungle) and Anivia in mid. I really ought to learn Janna support but I just don't find myself in that role all that often. Need a third jungler, but I haven't had a jungle game yet where I've been unable to pick either of mine.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Gotta love how the universe works. When you don't want mid it's always free, when you do it's always taken.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Just realised 'I play girls only' is the dumbest thing because you can't ever play Teemo.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Teemo is voiced by a girl. Does that count?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    No.

Playing Ezreal does though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ReignmanReignman Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Hey guys/gals, I have a question. How many champs do you really play on a regular basis? I have 7 that I feel 100% confident in that I can pull out any time and play in ranked, then about 3 or 4 more I feel I could do well with if I was counterpicking someone.

Miss Fortune, Ryze, Alistar, Sona, Morgana, Riven, Janna, Lux, Olaf, Caitlyn and Amumu for me. MF and support Amumu are my mains. One of my buddies only plays Heimer bot lane with my mummified support, so much lane dominance ^^.

This discussion has been closed.