As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

X-Men: Resisting Avengers Oppression For Five Decades

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Starfox is in everything and everyone

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Didn't Children's Crusade confirm that
    Wiccan and Speed were in fact Vision and Wanda's children?

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited April 2012
    Children's Crusade confirmed that I actively and aggressively don't give a shit about Wiccan

Solar on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Homophobe.

Wiccanophobe, more like

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    why did Marvel think Wiccan was an acceptable name for a hero, anyway

I want to see Islam join the Avengers Academy now

huntresssig.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Well, it was Asgardian, before he realized that was a terrible name for an openly gay superhero.

You'll have to explain that one to me

edited April 2012
    Ass-guardian.

Guarding his ass.

From sodomy.

Munch on
    I

guess

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Do openly gay superheroes guard their ass from sodomy more than other folks?

That sounds like a common stance

I don't know anyone who likes sodomy done to their butt

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Turambar wrote: »
    Do openly gay superheroes guard their ass from sodomy more than other folks?

That sounds like a common stance

I don't know anyone who likes sodomy done to their butt

you just gotta relax a little, man

if you get into it, it's tons of fun

it only hurts the first time, man

huntresssig.jpg
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    Well, it was Asgardian, before he realized that was a terrible name for an openly gay superhero.

Half of me wants to report this for awesome and the other half wants you banned.

Gaslight wrote: »
    Half of me wants to report this for awesome and the other half wants you banned.

Young Avengers #6;
    RPLhS.jpg

I think Hawkingbird is actually quite a cool name

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Hensler wrote: »
    I think this is the first time I've ever seen anybody actually say they like the Scarlet Witch.

I like the Scarlet Witch, Hope, Mystique, Black Widow, etc - and I will fight anyone over any one of them RAAAR solidarity.

I like plenty of women characters, including all of the ones you mentioned, except for Scarlet Witch. She has zero in the way of consistent personality and presence - she's just a boring cardboard standup for whatever writer happens to be on Avengers at the time. Even things that should have defined her, like the stuff with the Vision and the kids or Avengers Disassembled just came off as being forced. All other times, she's just random check with random powers in the background of Avengers fights. Her personality never developed beyond "Magneto's daughter" or "Quicksilver's sister" or "Vision's wife".

Maybe it's the fact that I grew up on a longbox of Bronze Age Marvel stuff, but I remember a fair brace of issues that were Wanda and Janet both doing big impressive team-leader-y stuff.

Wanda suffers from the common problem of often being defined by her relation to men, but that's not everything for her.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'd say she should get a mini to iron out the major wrinkles in her character, but I don't really think that would be enough.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    A mini would be good though. Define her character, show the direction she is going and so on.

After all, she's got a rich character history and a bunch of interesting relationships with various characters, it shouldn't be hard to make her a very compelling character.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I heard an ad for AvX on Sirius today at work, pretty sure that's the first comic ad I've ever heard on a non-comic radio show. ( It was on the classic rock channel)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I think comic companies ought to advertise their stuff on television

I have no idea why they don't

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Well DC did

mostly it is because it is hard to sell a print comic in a medium like television where everything moves without doing sloppy motion comic shit

it is why books don't really have commercials either outside of those weird 15 second THE LATEST FROM JAMES PATTERSON things

CYpGAPn.png
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I get the Kate Bishop love. I mean, she never really did anything in Young Avengers and she isn't characterized super well. Frankly, I don't even really understand why she's on the team - let alone as Hawkeye.

I'm not saying she can't be a good character. I just don't think she's demonstrated much in terms of awesome yet. Granted, I can hardly remember the original Young Avengers.

Kate's sassy and tough, and she has a neat character design.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Cassie was always the best of the YA, because she didn't treat it almost like a hobby as the others did (this could also be in part with how Marvel screwed up incorporating the team into the MU). Kate seems fine, but along with Patriot they have the most to grow with a proper mentor and have a dynamic we usually see in DC. USAgent training Patriot, how awesome would that be?

WatXM #9, I liked. It had some stupid lines from Wolverine about Cyclops' side, when he had much better characterization in AvX #1, but hooray for Toad, he'll get the girl soon (take that Worthington!). I still think Bachalo needs to stop coloring his work, Beast just looks like a pile of blue and the detail like his John Goodman ponytail get lost. The issue seemed to work between the cracks a lot better than New Avengers did last week, and not have 4 pages of tie-in with pages of talking about feelings. If you picked this up because it tied into AvX, it's much more accessible than NA was.

Is Beast going through some stuff right now?

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Band practice helps him deal with it.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

has he grown a goatee and a ponytail?

camo_sig.png
    I liked how in WatXM #9 Aaron took a crack at Cyclops' handling of Hope and a jet pack. There's some really nice, neat plotting across the various titles for AvX. Looks like this design-by-committee thing might be working out.

huntresssig.jpg
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    UNCX2011011_int_LR-4.jpg

Oh, that Namor!

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    He's such a scamp!

mts wrote: »

has he grown a goatee and a ponytail?

Ponytail, yeah. I'm not sure if you could tell if Beast grew a goatee, though.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    That's the problem with telling Beast and Dark Beast apart

Since you can't see Dark Beast's goatee

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular

Well, one of them is supposed to look like a cat now.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    OK I just saw a pretty badass scene from X-Men 27 on Scans Daily involing Jubilee. I don't know if it makes up for Gischler's relatively mediocre run but he seems to be going out on a high note at least.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Hensler wrote: »

Well, one of them is supposed to look like a cat now.

I do wish artists would be more consistent with drawing cat-like Beast. A lot of them tend to go for his look when he was in the Avengers.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I wish that Bachalo would draw him with a damn mouth, I don't know why but it bothers me more than it should.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    You know, we STILL don't know what those staff-things were from AvX #1 and #2.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    Namor's face in that scan is the best thing.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    And here I thought Namor was only after Sue. Now I see he's just after any woman in a steady relationship.

He's like the ultimate Pool Boy or something.