As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

X-Men: Resisting Avengers Oppression For Five Decades

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    And here I thought Namor was only after Sue. Now I see he's just after any woman in a steady relationship.

He's like the ultimate Pool Boy or something.

Ha! I like that comparison. So now he has to go harass Hank and Brand (I can't think of any other stable relationship outside of Reed/Sue and Scott/Emma right now. Hulkling/Wiccan?)

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Luke and Jessica Jones.

Matt Murdock and Kirsten McDuffie.

Is Ben and that blind sculptor still a thing?

Iron Fist and Misty Knight.

huntresssig.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Danny and Misty are not really a thing

thank god

I just find Misty Knight so boring

fortunately, Fraction seems to be setting up Danny and Betty Ross which is much more fun

Defenders #5 suggested otherwise to me

huntresssig.jpg
    Arivia wrote: »
    Defenders #5 suggested otherwise to me

I confess, I haven't had a chance to read it yet

seems like a shame though

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Danny and Misty still aren't officially back together

they are trying

but they aren't there yet

CYpGAPn.png
    edited April 2012
    I can understand the idea that Danny's relationship with Misty is a perpetual state of on the rocks because of their very different lives etc

That does make sense to me

I just don't like it because I find Misty to be rather characterless, and that relationship not to be fulfilling in a storytelling sense

Solar on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    From what I've read (and I haven't read Defenders #5), Misty and Danny seem like a real on-again, off-again couple.

Villains United ended with Misty and Paladin starting as a couple, which seems much more interesting than Danny and Misty acting like the Slater and Jessie of the Marvel Universe.

honestly the four pages of Defenders #5 were the first I have ever read of Misty and I am already pulling for her like woah

she seems like a really strong, good character

huntresssig.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    There really isn't much of her. I haven't read Defenders #5, but she just felt one-note in Immortal Iron Fist.

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    She was a bit better in the most recent Heroes for Hire and Villains for Hire (and the last Heroes for Hire series, too). I haven't read Defenders #5 yet either, but I'm kind of bummed she's already not with Paladin. Though, as I understand it, nobody read Heroes or Villains for hire.

I read Heroes for Hire

and Misty Knight was the most boring part of it

they kept doing issues focusing on her and fuck that give me more awesome superhero mercenary team-ups. Give me more Moon Knight fighting Velociraptors.

CYpGAPn.png
    Wasn't Heroes For Hire that series with the terrible hentai cover a few years back?

huntresssig.jpg
    Wasn't Heroes For Hire that series with the terrible hentai cover a few years back?

That was the 2006 Heroes for Hire series.

So, yes.

huntresssig.jpg
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    So, yes.

Different series, same name.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    The last series was by Abnett and Lanning

Dunno who wrote the 2006 series

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    The last series was by Abnett and Lanning

Dunno who wrote the 2006 series

Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray, followed by Zeb Wells.

Blankzilla wrote: »
    I read Heroes for Hire

and Misty Knight was the most boring part of it

they kept doing issues focusing on her and fuck that give me more awesome superhero mercenary team-ups. Give me more Moon Knight fighting Velociraptors.

Yeah, exactly. That book was great when it was Paladin, Moon Knight, Black Widow, Iron Fist and so on being super-badasses. But Misty Knight as operator just didn't work for me. I can see that they were trying to go for an Oracle style thing there, but Misty is no-where near as cool as Oracle.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the 2006 Heroes for Hire was pretty damn good, that cover aside. It also shows Misty Knight as an actual character. I have no fucking clue what Abnett and Lanning were doing with their Misty Knight, but it was no good at all.

7656367.jpg
    plus the 2006 lineup had fuckin' Shang Chi and Bug and Black Cat

crazy ass team, lemme tell you what

7656367.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Ah yes the 2006 HfH series that completely changed Humbug's personality midway through for no reason.

And Zeb Wells is a good writer which made that continuity flaw even more jarring.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Ah yes the 2006 HfH series that completely changed Humbug's personality midway through for no reason.

Wasn't it that he got his body and mind screwed up by Savage Land bugs or something?

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Wasn't it that he got his body and mind screwed up by Savage Land bugs or something?

Nope, he was acting completely different before that happened to him.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    the thing about humbug going crazy is that was probably part of the deal of surviving being eaten alive

7656367.jpg
    oHD8B.jpg

FUCK YOOOOOOU SCOTT

seriously the "By which they mean she is a mutant" line is driving me nuts

The Avengers don't want Hope because she is a mutant they want Hope because the Phoenix Force is heading to her and can kill everything

her being a mutant doesn't factor in at all

CYpGAPn.png
    Phoenix Force has a history of only taking mutant hosts. And no one cared about it the other 5 times it's been here. Heck, the last time it was here, it helped stop notMagneto from destroying New York City.

This anti-mutant propaganda has gone on too long, the truth should be brought to light!

edited April 2012
    Yeah but the other times it was here it didn't preface it by travelling through the cosmos wiping out planet after planet after planet with no force able to stop it

and the fact that it takes mutant hosts is just a coincidence. The Avengers would be going after, say, Kate Bishop or something just as much if she was the host.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah but the other times it was here it didn't preface it by travelling through the cosmos wiping out planet after planet after planet with no force able to stop it

and the fact that it takes mutant hosts is just a coincidence. The Avengers would be going after, say, Kate Bishop or something just as much if she was the host.

Again, I say, Scarlet Witch.

X-Men roll up, say "hey, she destroyed mutants". Avengers say "no, the reality-altering witch is our problem". X-Men say "grr. Okay." At which point the Avengers just let her roll out. AvX #0 showed they're not keeping her under any sort of custody.

So, given that, I think Scott's completely justified.

Take Children's Crusade out, and the Avengers may have a tiny something, but with it? Nah, they can screw off.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
    Really, if they let Scarlet Witch just get her just punishment then taking Hope would make more sense.

But Captain Amerikkka and his little thugs want to have their cake and eat it too, and no one is bringing this up and I wonder if it even will be brought up because it would make Cap look bad. AvX #0 dealt more with Wanda being bullied by Vision and trying to give her sympathy.

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Really, if they let Scarlet Witch just get her just punishment then taking Hope would make more sense.

But Captain Amerikkka and his little thugs want to have their cake and eat it too, and no one is bringing this up and I wonder if it even will be brought up because it would make Cap look bad. AvX #0 dealt more with Wanda being bullied by Vision and trying to give her sympathy.

I expect Wanda to appear in the latter part of AvX.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

I expect Wanda to appear in the latter part of AvX.

"No More Phoenix."

Oh she will, it was in the solicits for issue #4 I believe, but I doubt what happened in Children's Crusade will get mentioned. I really want it to just so people who didn't read that trainwreck can understand Cyclops having a problem with giving up one of his when Cap wouldn't do the same thing.

Heck, the last time it was here, it helped stop notMagneto from destroying New York City.

Mag-Not-O if you will.

I just want to get all this Hope stuff out of the way, so the Phoenix can go to Quentin Quire. Where it belongs.

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Nah... my prediction is that the Phoneix force is going to possess Spider-man.

1169266-spider_phoenix_super.jpg

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    X-Men Legacy #265 was a mixed bag, and I wonder if Gage led with his best issues and this might be what we will get from him in the future. The general idea is a good one, but it's executed in a way where despite being bombarded with characters pouring their hearts out it just doesn't connect, especially with Weapon Omega because he's never been interesting.
    Basically Weapon Omega reabsorbed all the energy from Rogue and Mimic, and then Mimic uses Rachel's powers to put him in a lobotomized coma to trickle the energy down based on how little brain activity he has. It's a non-death death, clearing him off the table for a bit. And Mimic looks to join the faculty, which is a nice addition.

Sandoval draws a really weird Toad too, he looks more like a Goblin. And even he gets in on the mopey mopes this issue.

Scott is dumb as fuck if he thinks that anyone is or should just let him do whatever the fuck he likes with any mutant because they are mutants

guess what, Scott, you are making an incredibly risky attempt to force a Phoenix possession

other people have the right to be pissed at this

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Scott is dumb as fuck if he thinks that anyone is or should just let him do whatever the fuck he likes with any mutant because they are mutants

guess what, Scott, you are making an incredibly risky attempt to force a Phoenix possession

I get this feeling they're going to pull a 'Daredevil' with Cyclops. Everyone has been hinting at this, that this is so out of character for him to do this. I would not be surprised if there is some kind of posession going on (e.g. Shadow King, the Void).

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    Captain America is dumb as fuck if he thinks that anyone is or should just let him do whatever the fuck he likes with any Avenger because they are Avengers

guess what, Cap, you are making an incredibly risky move by letting a crazy lady with reality altering powers walk around unsupervised

:rotate: