As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mafia [mini] II - Epilogue: Not so Professional now eh? Village and Skull Man Victory!

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    There were only 4 of us left and you had 2 vigs, the seer, the guard, and a SK after day 1. It looked pretty bad from our end on Day 2. Of course, the results were perfect from our end. Day 3 was really the make or break day when we took out Akimbo, and were in control from that point on.
    Traditionally, in a "vanilla" mini, the mafia only has 2 kills. Having the action seer made your mafia more powerful than usual, nevermind the busdriver

steam_sig.png
    BTW, what was up with the randomly occurring 2nd red kill anyway?

steam_sig.png
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    The busdriver in a mini was probably OP, but we did only have 5 people total instead of the 6 expected for a mini. Our side was powerful, no doubt, but we had to play perfectly on day 2 to ensure we survived.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    The busdriver in a mini was probably OP, but we did only have 5 people total instead of the 6 expected for a mini. Our side was powerful, no doubt, but we had to play perfectly on day 2 to ensure we survived.

You also had a possible conversion power too right?

And thralls etc?

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I had fun, although it looks like we were doomed post day 2 and I made some horrible horrible calls.

I'm sorry majority duders who I led to their deaths. I had no info to work on and did my best.

Thanks for running this REG!

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    5 out of 30 is 17%; still within normal variation, without powers altering the balance

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2012
    ObiFett wrote: »
    What exactly does a busdriver do?

I'm still confused about how that works...

He switches the outcome of actions on two players. Anything that was supposed to happen to one happens to the other and vice versa.

Gaslight on
    What exactly does a busdriver do?

I'm still confused about how that works...

edited March 2012
    ok, so I just looked it up and hrm. Busdriver power be crazy.

edit: thanks gaslight.

ObiFett on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    It becomes either a perfect kill or a perfect guard.

Its nuts.

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Neutral network heads are hilarious. Just ask Infi. :3

Clearly the villagemafia failed by not protecting Jackie Chan.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    How did the mafia know everyone on day 2 or was that just really lucky?

I love that the only mafia death was the SK thinking he was seering someone.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    That was about as straightforward a mafiavillage victory as I've ever had. We got a little lucky on day 2, but from that point on it was just a matter of "contributing" a little, and letting the villagemafia talk themselves into slaughtering their own.

Can't remember ever seeing a SK as a network head, though. That was fun.

Thanks for hosting, Rysk!

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    We had action seered Taya day 1, nabbing her killing Skull Man. We thought she was a SK, since the kill game back as black. We wanted to eliminate any kill we didn't control.

We eliminated you because you claimed Mason. The village took out the other specials.

Yeah, the action seer paid off big for us on night 1, then was basically useless for the rest of the game because everyone we targeted wound up getting vigged/SK'd on the same night.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Was a fun game but yea bad village aim and unblockable busdriver kills are almost impossible to balance. Need some way for the village to build a network.

PSN SeGaTai
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I was really confused about who other than taya would have wanted to kill me day one, considering that we knew it wasn't her.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    So why did Rysk want to be on all convos?

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Boom. Headshot.

Busdriving is fun. You all should try it sometime.

Nice work, my fellow villagers. But, man mafia, you guys were really, really bad. There were only 5 of us all game and 1 died night one.

Just a note, being a dick after winning phalla is pretty much the worst. When you know everything, and have a mafia busdriver and an action seer, you aren't doing yourself any favors by gloating and pretending it was some super slick playing to get you there.

The mafia won this game of phalla, they did a good job. That's all you have to say about it.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    It did not help that I was quite possibly the worst vig in the history of the game.

For my first trick, I killed Tzeentch, our guard. For my follow up act, I decided to go eat dinner at vote close time, and missed putting in a kill order in time. Though the kill order I did put in late was for Akimbo, who died anyway that night. But had I not failed to get the order in on time, I would have killed our seer, too. Then the next day, I put a kill order in way early on Bedlam, then couldn't pay attention for the rest of day and got an inactivus strike.

I am phalla incarnate. I sign autographs (foreheads only).

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    Langly wrote: »
    Just a note, being a dick after winning phalla is pretty much the worst. When you know everything, and have a mafia busdriver and an action seer, you aren't doing yourself any favors by gloating and pretending it was some super slick playing to get you there.

The mafia won this game of phalla, they did a good job. That's all you have to say about it.

I should have chosen my words more wisely, and for that I do apologize.

• AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Akimbo did seer Assuran on day 1 though and got unlucky with the finding a person to tell. Seer'd a Taya on day 2, but she died. Vig and Seer hookup woulda been boss.
    Also, akimbo, you really should have called this out day 2. The guard wasn't dead at that point

I was very close to doing just that. But honestly, I didn't expect to get killed so quickly, I assumed I had one or two days to find someone to mouthpiece for me. I also wasn't sure if the guard was active, or whether different things might come into play. In the end, was a mistake, yes, but especially when MrT came forward, I wanted to wait one day to see what would happen and then I was going to let him know.

If it had actually mattered, I definitely would've kicked myself, but "luckily" we were blown out of the water pretty badly, so.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    speaking as someone who has been a village guard in a game with one

MAFIA

BUSDRIVERS

HRRRRRNNNNGGGGHHH

liEt3nH.png
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    It did not help that I was quite possibly the worst vig in the history of the game.

For my first trick, I killed Tzeentch, our guard. For my follow up act, I decided to go eat dinner at vote close time, and missed putting in a kill order in time. Though the kill order I did put in late was for Akimbo, who died anyway that night. But had I not failed to get the order in on time, I would have killed our seer, too. Then the next day, I put a kill order in way early on Bedlam, then couldn't pay attention for the rest of day and got an inactivus strike.

Man! Two people aiming their vigs at me in one day? I am very rarely killed so early. What was it that made you want to hit me?

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    This is why we cant have nice things.

Also stop day one'ing me.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    stop voting for yourself!

Yeah, it was amusing for a while but now it's pretty much asking for it.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    roman I'm going to keep voting for you until you stop.

This is why we cant have nice things.

Also stop day one'ing me.

Stop? which other games have you recently been day 1ed in?

steam_sig.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Day 1 romanqwerty every day crew checking in.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    AkimboLegs wrote: »

Man! Two people aiming their vigs at me in one day? I am very rarely killed so early. What was it that made you want to hit me?

p much just a hunch on my end.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    . Then the next day, I put a kill order in way early on Bedlam,
    Smoooove noooooo :(

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting REG!

Can I grudge you, now,
    Obi??!!

Perhaps...

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    AkimboLegs wrote: »

Well, nobody had real leads. Any actual logic was going into the vote target, so I was basically just taking potshots until there was a confirmed network head to contact.
    Bedlam wrote: »
    . Then the next day, I put a kill order in way early on Bedlam,
    Smoooove noooooo :(

Sorry Bedlam, see above.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    I'll have to ask kime what he thinks. :P

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Why kill me!

Also I'm not sure how we won this, but good job village!

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Oh wait village is mafia, never mind. So confusing.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    stever777 wrote: »
    I'll have to ask kime what he thinks. :P

kime thinks that smoove shouldn't be so hard on themself

After all kime is the worst vig

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    I thought kime was the best at everything.
    That's what he told me, at least.