As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mafia [mini] II - Epilogue: Not so Professional now eh? Village and Skull Man Victory!

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Also, if we get a network head (which I'm surprised we don't have since we seem to have a vig), that person can secretly reveal that they were the mason. Unless the mafia also try it, that confirms someone, and if they do try it, then we have a 1 in 2 shot of getting a mafia.

Edit: Although I guess we could do this publicly and either get a network head or catch a mafia.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Only one person could come forward. If two people claim to be his mason, that's one "mafia" caught just like that.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well I suppose the mason could come out now. Don't think the mafia-mafia would be dumb enough to risk pretending to be it since the real mason would also come forward.

[Edit] I guess we're all stating the obvious at the same time, eh? :P

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Yeah, even though he isn't confirmed by baidol, the mason should step forward. We know he is alive, and we know there is only one.

He's confirmed by default and can network.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    And by that I mean he should come forward, specials should wait for most of the day, and then if no one else comes forward, the mason will be pretty confirmed and they can contact him.

Langly on
  • Options
    Awww, ok fine. I guess I get to be network head for realsies this time.

I'm Baidol's mason.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    oooooOOOOOOoooooo

Your fear of me is impressive, but it will not save you

OOOOooOOOOOOOoooo

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    So we killed 3 mafia on day 1? that is fantastic. Langly seems less fantastic though!

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    Sportzboy we are the mafia. We are red.

• Options
    So we killed 3 mafia on day 1? that is fantastic.

You may want to revise that enthusiasm...

Although we did get 1 traditional mafia, so for day 1 that's pretty good.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    What's the deal with Skull Man?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

That is less fantastic.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    Cythraul wrote: »
    What's the deal with Skull Man?

Unknown at this point. At least by me. Sounds like a VI-type role where they needed to be killed at night.

• Options
    edited March 2012

Taya wrote: »

That is less fantastic.

the conceit of the game is that it is a village of mafia people who are beset by villagers. The "mafia" kills are with every day objects, while our vig is like a mafia hit.

Langly on
  • Options
    yeah, I'm pretty sure he was just a VI

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    That's a pretty lame interpretation of the VI. The whole point is that it's anti village by needing to be voted off, and the disruption they cause to do so. Though the "VI" a couple games ago was even less of one

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    That's a pretty lame interpretation of the VI. The whole point is that it's anti village by needing to be voted off, and the disruption they cause to do so. Though the "VI" a couple games ago was even less of one

So don't think of it as VI, think of it as "freedom chaser" or something if that helps... not a bad role, sort of interesting at least.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    But that's the whole point of a VI-like role

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »

I'm Baidol's mason.

Just to be safe - I don't think specials should contact MrT yet. He may still be a "bad guy", playing a gambit to grab a few specials before the real mason pair has a chance to come out to the thread.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    So there's a vig, a serial killer, and two "mafia" kills. That's a healthy amount of deaths/turn.

I'm Baidol's mason.

Tell me again the logic of believing you? Ie why would mafia not claim this? Just that if multiple people claimed it, the vigs/mafia hits would go after them?

• Options
    AkimboLegs wrote: »

I'm Baidol's mason.

Just to be safe - I don't think specials should contact MrT yet. He may still be a "bad guy", playing a gambit to grab a few specials before the real mason pair has a chance to come out to the thread.

Yeah, this was said by Langly earlier and I agree. Please just make sure I get guarded tonight :)

• Options
    So there's a vig, a serial killer, and two "mafia" kills. That's a healthy amount of deaths/turn.

I'm Baidol's mason.

Tell me again the logic of believing you? Ie why would mafia not claim this? Just that if multiple people claimed it, the vigs/mafia hits would go after them?
    Yeah basically there's no reason for a villager to make a mason claim if they aren't the mason, so if there's a counter claim, ONE of them has to be evil

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's possible that mafia will claim to be the mason, but they would definitely get caught today or tomorrow so it's probably not worth it.

MrT is very likely the real mason, but yes, specials should wait until later to reveal.

• Options
    Also, if there's multiple mason claims, there's likey no reason to keep the real mason alive, as mason's powers are supposed to just be knowing someone else is not evil. /glares at the BoI mini/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I suppose that makes sense.

• Options
    And because this is day 2 and Langly isn't dead yet, Langly.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    MrTLicious

If he dies good then I'll double trust Baidol. Till then hes a lying liar mclyingpants.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Bedlam
    Makes no sense to vote MrT out now. If someone comes forward to challenge, ok, then we pick our poison, but as of now it's PURE FOLLY.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Bedlam
    Makes no sense to vote MrT out now. If someone comes forward to challenge, ok, then we pick our poison, but as of now it's PURE FOLLY.

I agree with this. Bedlam, what's the matter wit'chu?

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    SLyM voted for Sportzboytjw, which in reverse psychology phalla land makes him evil.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Bedlam

I think he's still just grudging me, and not actually trying to get me voted out.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    OoOoOoOoOoOoO

Finally a legitimate grudge.

Took long enough.

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SlyM to Taya:
    Ux2rE.png

• Options
    I'm really hoping that the vig is Taya :)

• Options
    I wish.

I don't know if I should give the black-name vig a high five or grudge them as well.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I see Bedlam votin'

I be hatin'

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Bedlam

I think he's still just grudging me, and not actually trying to get me voted out.
    Anybody can come forward and say that they are a mason partner after the fact. Your reveal means absolutly nothing since we cant trust you to be telling the truth. Anybody who reveals to you or assumes you are the network head is a damn fool.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Bedlam

Anybody can come forward and say that they are a mason partner after the fact. Your reveal means absolutly nothing since we cant trust you to be telling the truth. Anybody who reveals to you or assumes you are the network head is a damn fool.

Except that if he is lying the real mason should come forward.

So.

Yeah, voting him out is a bad idea.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Bedlam

I don't think people should necessarily reveal to him yet, nor do I necessarily consider him de facto network head at this point. But there is no good reason at all to vote him out right now either.

Gaslight on