As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mafia [mini] II - Epilogue: Not so Professional now eh? Village and Skull Man Victory!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Yeah, voting him out is a bad idea.
    Oh me oh my there are only 19 hours to switch my vote what ever shall I do without a big strong man instructing me?

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    If Baidol's real mason sat around and let MrT claim their role, it would be their fault for handing over the specials to the mafia.

I think MrT can be trusted assuming no one else comes forward.

And assuming there are no crazy conversion mechanics in this game.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    Bedlam
    Makes no sense to vote MrT out now. If someone comes forward to challenge, ok, then we pick our poison, but as of now it's PURE FOLLY.

I think he's still just grudging me, and not actually trying to get me voted out.
    Anybody can come forward and say that they are a mason partner after the fact. Your reveal means absolutly nothing since we cant trust you to be telling the truth. Anybody who reveals to you or assumes you are the network head is a damn fool.

I don't think people should necessarily reveal to him yet, nor do I necessarily consider him de facto network head at this point. But there is no good reason at all to vote him out right now either.

Exactly. Especially since the thread was pressuring him to reveal in the first place

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Bedlam you are acting strange compared to what I remember of you in my (admittedly limited) frame of reference. Very strident and testy.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    Yeah, voting him out is a bad idea.
    Oh me oh my there are only 19 hours to switch my vote what ever shall I do without a big strong man instructing me?

I am just explaining why it's a bad idea...

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Bedlam you are acting strange compared to what I remember of you in my (admittedly limited) frame of reference. Very strident and testy.
    tumblr_lqgm4fY0pC1qj3dg7o1_250.gif

• Options
    OK, I take it back, you are just a ray of sunshine.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Six potential deaths a night (if I'm reading the narrative correctly) seems drastic in a 30 person game. Two SKs (Slym, Skullman each came back as black, I assume that's neutral), 2 mafia kills, and a vig, plus the vote.

Dang man, dang. I don't expect this game to last long.

• Options
    Assuran I'm not seeing anything black about skull getting his win condition. Is there anything you want to tell us?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Skull man's thing is the same color as the vote kill which is slightly less black than the Slym kill. Which is black.

• Options
    Of course with the vote being "black" the serial killer was inside us THE WHOLE TIME

• Options
    Oh, the default theme, yes. in Olde style, SLyM is black black, while the vote is just the default font color

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm not really seeing a huge difference in color on my screen, they both look black to me. Coupled with the fact Slym's kill was black and Skull Man is described as being shot to death and his death is in black, it seemed to me that there were two neutral kills.

No inside info, sorry, just inferring from the narrative, as I said.

edit= to and two are not the same thing, ;p

Assuran on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    No more Mr. Nice Guy. :(

oOoO5m9z00.jpgOoOo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N1myLgI-6A

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Day 1 erry day

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Kime angry!
    ObiFett

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    I luv being mafia...
    or is it "mafia"?

• Options
    I am Mafia with a capital M. All of you small m mafia Must be Murdered.

• Options
    MMM
    mmm

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    So there's a vig, a serial killer, and two "mafia" kills. That's a healthy amount of deaths/turn.
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Awww, ok fine. I guess I get to be network head for realsies this time.

I'm Baidol's mason.

Tell me again the logic of believing you? Ie why would mafia not claim this? Just that if multiple people claimed it, the vigs/mafia hits would go after them?
    Yeah basically there's no reason for a villager to make a mason claim if they aren't the mason, so if there's a counter claim, ONE of them has to be evil

It is me, I am the mason.
    Not really, still just reserve.

Also, hey @Bedlam, how you doing, dogg?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    MMM
    mmm

But darling, you know I love chocolate!

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    ObiFett for crimes against humanity.

Also, he might be sort of suspicious.

I'm sure one of these things is true!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    guys you gotta be willing to make assumptions that you can't actually 100% prove without reading someone's role pm or getting seer results in phalla, sometimes.

Based on what we know from Day 1 results:

- Alignment is revealed on death (although we got a CD on thralls etc, so they aren't completely reliable)
    - Roles are revealed on death (which will help us determine who is actually good/bad, since a thralled special would be especially cruel)
    - One mason was killed last night
    - The mafia lost one member last night (unless, again, slym was a miller)
    - The mafia exchanging one of their members for at best a chance at nabbing a special or two, and at worst a simple villager/mafia exchange, would be really dumb.

We know there is another mason, because it's a listed role. We know that the other mason is alive, because two didn't die last night. We know that it would be foolish for the mafia to claim the mason role in this situation.

Based on all of that, the person who comes forward (mrt), is almost certainly the other mason. And, like I said before, people should wait until later today to contact mrt, just in case.

and yeah guard him tonight.

• Options
    DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    Spoit

Don't have much to go on admittedly but playing a hunch

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Based on all of that, the person who comes forward (mrt), is almost certainly the other mason.
    Tm1mM.jpg

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I hate that movie with a passion.

jdarksun

• Options
    A quick placeholder vote on stever. I remember something about him yesterday that looked mafiaish although I can't recall what it was and I don't have to time to go back and check right now.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Alright caught up on the day, was confused about all this color business about the skull man kill but I guess that's just a vanilla thing. Also this is the most suspicious I've seen a village regarding someone claiming a mason role. I've never seen more than one person claim an outed role like that but I guess I haven't been playing long enough.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Alright caught up on the day, was confused about all this color business about the skull man kill but I guess that's just a vanilla thing. Also this is the most suspicious I've seen a village regarding someone claiming a mason role. I've never seen more than one person claim an outed role like that but I guess I haven't been playing long enough.

AFAIK, only Bedlam is saying I'm lying, and that's based on the Isaac Phalla. I don't think anyone else really needs convincing. It's kind of funny to me how many people are coming forward to defend me when no one is really objecting...

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    A quick placeholder vote on stever. I remember something about him yesterday that looked mafiaish although I can't recall what it was and I don't have to time to go back and check right now.

Don't have time to go back 2 pages?

Taya

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    stever for grudging past day one

• Options
    Yeah I'm in class so I can only make quick posts. I'll explain my reasoning later.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I hate that movie with a passion.

jdarksun has been replaced by an infinite void of hatred and terrible.
    Not really.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I thought the movie was clever and I'm glad I saw it, but I have no desire to sit through it again.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Not quite sure where to jump on this just yet. Taya seems sort of suspicious to me, and I can't tell just yet if this is Bedlam being mafia or just Bedlam being Bedlam.

For now I'm going to put a placeholder on obifett, because he sort of nimbly dodged the vote yesterday as everybody suddenly rushed to help romanqwerty fulfill his death wish.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I suspect it is Bedlam being Bedlam, because he's been contrarian in the last few phallas I was in, if I remember correctly.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've only ever played with him in the Binding of Isaac game. He was mafia there (in fairness, so was I) and acted much like this, but that really doesn't prove anything. *shrug*

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ObiFett wrote: »
    stever for grudging past day one

Grudge until dead, I always say.

E - Oh & this isn't a grudge vote.
    I'm carrying on kime's legacy by doing his dirty work.

stever777 on

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Alright stever

I see how it is

• Options
    Do you? Do you, really?