The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
So after a painstaking search for a summer student accounting, I finally got an offer. Its from a nice medium sized company. Theyare offering me 18/hour with a chance to continue the position on a part time basis when i return to school.
Now first off i am going to accept this offer no matter what. I know not to give up an offer unless i have something in writing from another company. Ok so I received a phone call the other day from a company I applied for through a reference, the reference was my wifes aunt who has worked privately for the CEO for 15 years. Its a massive utility company based here in Calgary. They said they have enough positions for all summer applicants and i will be receiving my letter about where i have been placed in the company for summer in early april. So it seems like a sure thing that I will get an offer. The advice I need is about when the second offer comes in should I accept that one and decline the original.
So some information about each company. The first offer is a company which operates and aquires dealerships that sell industrial equipment, agricultural equip and other related stuff. I would be working in a small department with one other person, ive already met the supervisor and she seems quite nice. The company is located quite far from my house. The drive is about 35 minutes. But parking is free.
The second offer is where it gets a little tricky. Its a well known utility company which operates somewhat internationally. I applied through the corporate branch so im not sure where i will end up. Suffice to say if its not in an accounting department i will decline for sure. I have an in through the CEO so getting a job after might be easy but no gaurentees. They have one main building downtown with numerous operations centers throughout the city. My wife actually works for one of the subsidiaries .If I was placed downtown with her I could work in the same building as my wife. We could save on gas having to only take one car. Then again she is a little worried about gossip that i got a job there, she already has a seperate aunt working there so another relative and people might get annoyed. My wife doesnt want me ending up on her floor but the company is so big i think the chances are very slim. As well they probably pay better as they are so much bigger but obviously that isnt knownfor sure yet.
Im leaning towards the company with my wife but not sold on if its the best decision. The smaller company would give me part time and with only one semester remaining i could turn that into a full time thing when I graduate.
Hopefully that all makes sense, my writing isnt the best. I just want to start thinking about this, i dont want to have to make a decision in a few days come april. Any advice would be appreciated.