As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ah did naht hit her! Ah did naht! Oh, hai [Chat]!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    how was everyone's st pat's?

My Sister was in a car accident - she's okay, just some whiplash - and I attended an awful local talent show. Subjectively it was my worst St Pat's ever.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I feel like I am the only person who finds IKEA's instructions charming, clear, and complete. I look at the minimalist line drawings and it's like they are speaking my language. It makes total sense the way things need to go together.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    You never know, someone might smuggle c4 in that kid's asshole. Or something.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    alternatively only buy "assembly required" furniture from IKEA

Argh! that doesn't solve my problem with this piece of furniture i already purchased and removed from the box.

firewood.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I feel like I am the only person who finds IKEA's instructions charming, clear, and complete. I look at the minimalist line drawings and it's like they are speaking my language. It makes total sense the way things need to go together.

They have won awards for their instructions. They are very good.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Thank you for spoilering ME2!!

I'm only like halfway through my first ever playthrough.

Miranda's loyalty mission:
    Fuck a Paragon Interrupt. That dude deserved to die.

Jacob's mission
    Alliance justice is cold, but it's what Jacob wants even if he doesn't know it.

Working on Mordin's now.

Also, [chat], we had the world's most sexist waiter at dinner this weekend. I was literally speechless at one point...

Wait, me? Because "the last ten seconds" is kind of a pretty specific labelling.

Also you made the right choices.

I did what you didn't in Mirandas this time around just to see what would happen
    He gets shot by the merc captain and Miranda is really upset about him just being shot by some Asari bitch.

So yeah, fuck that.

Yeah of all the paragon interrupts
    I never take that one. I just can't - that guy is such an unreserved asshole. The time to reconsider your actions was well before Shepard gets involved in the situation.

Speaking of ME2: get Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival. Play them after the main campaign in that order (they all fit better that way IMO).

I did shadow broker right away this playthrough (new content!1!1!11!!!etc) but in hindsight, yeah, this would totally be the way to go.

• Options
    If I start an asari vanguard in ME3 mp, she's gonna be named Tela Vasir

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Arrival fits best as the last thing. Overlord, eh. Shadow Broker, yes.

Overlord has a nice payoff in ME3. Assuming you're not a monster.

eh, couldn't be arsed to go through it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Argh! that doesn't solve my problem with this piece of furniture i already purchased and removed from the box.

firewood.

i will break you in my murderous failure-rage.

When i fail at things, i am driven to murder, I'm not kidding.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Arrival fits best as the last thing. Overlord, eh. Shadow Broker, yes.

Overlord has a nice payoff in ME3. Assuming you're not a monster.

• Options

My Sister was in a car accident - she's okay, just some whiplash - and I attended an awful local talent show. Subjectively, Worst Saint Patrick's Day Ever.

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Guys, I just have to say, Shoot Many Robots is hella-fun.

I'm certain it would be ultra-hella-fun playing with some peeps Co-op.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

firewood.

Remember that time that you put your CPU heatsink on the wrong way and it was all crooked and the computer kept trying to catch fire?

How many families did you kill?

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    I love the conversation the salarian and the human in front of Purgatory are having.
    "Then I'm buying you some godamn drinks."

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21st: the first serial killer motivated by frustration over tricky assemblies

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Mmmmm salami and egg sammich, oj and coffee.

Good start to the day.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

firewood.

Remember that time that you put your CPU heatsink on the wrong way and it was all crooked and the computer kept trying to catch fire?

How many families did you kill?

I killed my neighbors that day.

• Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    official nyc snowfall this year 4.5 in, last year 61 in (1335% more snow last year)
    75 degrees in march
    i saw daffodils in the yard of my parents' neighbors
    in march

It better be this nice the last weekend in April or so help me God.

You understand that thanks to your statement, it will now be pissing cats and dogs.

• Options
    I peeked into the G&T me3 thread but got scared and ran away

I'm finishing me3 single player tonight after I hit 20 and promote the Sentinel class.

Doing iphone datapad missions at work today while there's time

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Mmmmm salami and egg sammich, oj and coffee.

Good start to the day.

No word from Jet yet?

• Options
    It's like how New Year's Day 2009 was my worst New Years because my Grandmother passed away after a short illness.

• Options

I stayed home and played tales of graces f with friends, it was great.

How was yours?

• Options

honestly the most insane thing i've ever been to in my life

one of my girlfriend's friends was in town and he was visiting some other girl and so we went to go see him and hang out with her group of friends

they started doing this pub crawl at 11 am. we got there at 5:30 or 6 and everyone was like, i can barely walk/i probably should go to the hospital drunk

by 8:30 we had been to 3 more bars and then everyone decided they wanted to go to benihana

now the thing i did not realize, is that this group of friends, like, all 20 of them, apparently do this every weekend. St paddy's or not. just get absoluetly hammered, hook up with each other (they have a fucking flow chart about who has hooked up with who, im not even exagerrating) and then go to benihana

so we get to benihana and the 20 of us are packed around 2 grills in this back room

before the salads and soup even come out we are 4 people down. 2 passed out sitting in their chairs, one had to run off to throw up and another girl had some drama and ran out crying - oh, did i mention that when one of these girls who passed out in her chair fell she hit her head and was like knocked out? no one seemed to care! the party just kept going! sake bombs and sapporos for everyone!!!

by the time the 2 chefs came out things were getting really rowdy. yelling and screaming and general insanity. before the chefs had even finished the rice the 2 tables were chanting their chef's names like they were some sort of gladiators in rome. like, really loud, standing up, pumping their fists and just chanting their name over and over

then the food fight started

a no bullshit

animal house

food fight

i grabbed my girlfriend, got to the bar, slammed down a bunch of cash and said "this covers us" and we got the fuck out of there

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    wazilla wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Favorite ME3 Multi class so far:
    asari vanguard

8->
    I have the Turian Soldier. An M-76 Revenant and one attachment, which is the stabilizer.

Maxed out Turian skill (increases weapon damage, stability, headshot damage, etc) and the Marksman ability (increased rate of fire and yet more accuracy)

I fire laser beams of death. Mow through anything with a red health bar. The downside is that I'm kind of useless against the big bads. Still usually finish first though!

I'm assuming it was a bad idea to only buy spectre kits when I was starting out because I didn't get anything useful without a particularly tweaked setup. I got a revenant, arc pistol, and falcon eagle? the grenade launcher, none of which are particularly useful for the base characters so I was using a level 1 avenger until I switched to playing drell adept.

So good
    Spam reave, get all the kills, throw nades at big bads, get all the kills

I was playing with a friend who was a sentinal with throw leveled up and we'd just reave and throw to get soo many biotic explosions.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    That sounds... amazing and terrible and the same time gooey. Definitely surreal.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I did once read a book where the motivation of the serial killer was to punish people who wrote unhelpful guides to things like programming. It was called The Man Of Maybe Half A Dozen Faces, which is a great title.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

The guy doing that posts on SA. I'm not overly confident about the project. He seems really resistant to the idea of terrain playing a part in the battles of an SRPG. So everything will be on a flat grid, with maybe a few impassable squares.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    asari vanguard

8->
    I have the Turian Soldier. An M-76 Revenant and one attachment, which is the stabilizer.

Maxed out Turian skill (increases weapon damage, stability, headshot damage, etc) and the Marksman ability (increased rate of fire and yet more accuracy)

I fire laser beams of death. Mow through anything with a red health bar. The downside is that I'm kind of useless against the big bads. Still usually finish first though!

Nice! I just stuck my toe in the water of Engineer which I am trying to turn into a fire Mage, having never played the class in single.

I would like to give Infiltrator some TLC as well -- invisibility and sniper rifles sound good to me.

• Options
    A film I really enjoyed despite its sillyness was The Man Who Knew Too Little.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    That sounds... amazing and terrible and the same time gooey. Definitely surreal.

surreal is a good adjective to describe it

like, a bunch of 27-28 year old professionals just absolutely going crazy and destroying a benihana

the entire time my girlfriend and i are just looking at each other like "what the fuck is going on!"

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    asari vanguard

8->

Human solider. Killing a phantom and two assault troopers with a single grenade throw makes me so very happy. Also the Eagle. Some people may tell you that putting a scope on a grenade launcher is a bad thing. Those people are wrong.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

honestly the most insane thing i've ever been to in my life

one of my girlfriend's friends was in town and he was visiting some other girl and so we went to go see him and hang out with her group of friends

they started doing this pub crawl at 11 am. we got there at 5:30 or 6 and everyone was like, i can barely walk/i probably should go to the hospital drunk

by 8:30 we had been to 3 more bars and then everyone decided they wanted to go to benihana

now the thing i did not realize, is that this group of friends, like, all 20 of them, apparently do this every weekend. St paddy's or not. just get absoluetly hammered, hook up with each other (they have a fucking flow chart about who has hooked up with who, im not even exagerrating) and then go to benihana

so we get to benihana and the 20 of us are packed around 2 grills in this back room

before the salads and soup even come out we are 4 people down. 2 passed out sitting in their chairs, one had to run off to throw up and another girl had some drama and ran out crying - oh, did i mention that when one of these girls who passed out in her chair fell she hit her head and was like knocked out? no one seemed to care! the party just kept going! sake bombs and sapporos for everyone!!!

by the time the 2 chefs came out things were getting really rowdy. yelling and screaming and general insanity. before the chefs had even finished the rice the 2 tables were chanting their chef's names like they were some sort of gladiators in rome. like, really loud, standing up, pumping their fists and just chanting their name over and over

then the food fight started

a no bullshit

animal house

food fight

i grabbed my girlfriend, got to the bar, slammed down a bunch of cash and said "this covers us" and we got the fuck out of there

wow

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    What is (a) Benihana?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I like that they named a colony in ME3 Tiptree. Nice touch, and makes a change from exploring Heinlein's World or looking at a robot's Asimov circuits.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

The guy doing that posts on SA. I'm not overly confident about the project. He seems really resistant to the idea of terrain playing a part in the battles of an SRPG. So everything will be on a flat grid, with maybe a few impassable squares.

oh hmm

it looks like it's going to be lovely

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    derp :(

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I just had some chicken curry rice and now I've got the curry burps.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.