As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Borderlands: OLD THREAD Who's gettin' off the bus?

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Did anyone else find the second-to-last round of Circle of Duty harder than the last?
    I mean, the last had two APCs, but they fall really quick with my Pestillent revolver. But I didn't see a single Royal Guard on the last bout, and the time before that three spawned right next to me at once, it was one Second Wind after another until they were gone. Oh well, that's done with, and now I have two great launchers.

Hardest one was the one that kept glitching making it impossible to complete . So much rage.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Borderlands 2 will be playable at PAX East:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/28/2k-games-pax-east-lineup-includes-playable-borderlands-2/

You lucky paxeasters

• buddycbuddyc Registered User regular
    For those who aren't coming to PAX East, there'll be a livestream over the weekend: http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/854/33/

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/28/2k-games-pax-east-lineup-includes-playable-borderlands-2/

You lucky paxeasters

Yessssss. This is now my #1 priority at the show.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    buddyc wrote: »
    For those who aren't coming to PAX East, there'll be a livestream over the weekend: http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/854/33/

I think a much better solution for those of us who can't go to PAX is to host the demo that you'll be showing off there so everyone can play it :P

Yes, I think that is the way to go.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

You lucky paxeasters

Yessssss. This is now my #1 priority at the show.

Mine too! Cannot wait to stand in line for hours to play for minutes! Worth it!

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    I JUST got the base game back in the mail yesterday and started up a new soldier (who I will rename Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner), and go to town with a heavy gunner build. Post patch there are a max of 54 skill points in the base game, right?

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone up for some shooting things in the face this fine morning?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    man, circle of duty and old haven are some FUN times

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Curly, come shoot things with me so I can bask in your radiance.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    borderlands 1 doesn't play nice with the latest set of nvidia drivers

which is why i have uninstalled it :(

constant repeatable crash to desktop 5 minutes in regardless of location

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    Really? Because I updated last week for another game and I am not crashing.

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Anybody want to go through mad moxxi in about an hour's time?

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Man, the 'surprise' boss fights in Claptrap Revolution are hilariously easy. Funny, but yeah cannon fodder all the way. Love this Pestilant Defiler, love it so damn much.

Also, blowing up Claptraps ... best thing ever. Taking out an advancing line with a sniper rifle? Fantastic. Running up into a horde with a shotgun? Giddy. Destruction of battalions with a launcher? Can't get enough.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Operation trap claptrap-trap.

Really? Because I updated last week for another game and I am not crashing.

mebbe they fixed it

i dunno

RxI0N.png
    Mad moxxi is fucking terrible.

Fucking terrible.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Antihippy wrote: »

Fucking terrible.

Fuck the fact there are Cheevos tied to the final 3 arenas. Me and a friend had them glitch out on the 3rd boss two times in a row when the boss spawned beneath the stage causing our progress to be for naught. Moxxi was the worst DLC they released and I hope we don't see its return in 2.

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

Fucking terrible.

Fuck the fact there are Cheevos tied to the final 3 arenas. Me and a friend had them glitch out on the 3rd boss two times in a row when the boss spawned beneath the stage causing our progress to be for naught. Moxxi was the worst DLC they released and I hope we don't see its return in 2.

Ouch. Yeah I don't think the big ones should have been so goddamn long. Was so happy when I finished them .

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Fucking terrible.

I think the concept was a good idea. The execution was deeply flawed though.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited April 2012
    If they just checkpoint after every round it would have been fun instead of a massive slog where you're afraid of making even the smallest mistake.

Maybe it's different in co-op, but fuck mad moxxie in solo.

Also why not just heal the player after every wave instead of scattering them in vials making you miss them thus fucking you over massively for the next wave? Ugh.

Antihippy on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I finally killed The Destroyer on PC. Where is the closest warp to Tannis? I always get lost looking for that sociopath alpha bitch.

I think I'll start General Knoxx.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Anyone want to shoot up the place at around level 31?

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I finally killed The Destroyer on PC. Where is the closest warp to Tannis? I always get lost looking for that sociopath alpha bitch.

I can never remember which one of them it is by name, but the northern-most travel point in Rust Commons East.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Underpass I believe.

steam_sig.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    *buy GOTY edition cause hey, why not, I already own vanilla but the DLC is cheaper this way*
    *FAILED TO CONTACT KEY SERVER*

FML

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

I can never remember which one of them it is by name, but the northern-most travel point in Rust Commons East.

The Underpass, I believe.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Goddammit, Randy Pitchford. Stop making me want a new video card just so I can shoot filthy tapestries and watch sewage pour out of a drainpipe!

http://youtu.be/LJPmY13Jmr8

(It's disturbing how much this is making me want to replace my perfectly awesome 6870. Dammit.)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Pretty sure that's just PhysX, which is in the current generation on Nvidia cards, not just in the GTX 680.

Water kinda looks like jello.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Yes Nvidia cards. Unlike my perfectly awesome 6870.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Oh I caught that, I'm just talking about the GTX 680 "exclusive" features.

Yeah, AMD is making me sadface sometimes, but my 6850 is more than good enough for my budget. :P

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Goddammit, Randy Pitchford. Stop making me want a new video card just so I can shoot filthy tapestries and watch sewage pour out of a drainpipe!

http://youtu.be/LJPmY13Jmr8

(It's disturbing how much this is making me want to replace my perfectly awesome 6870. Dammit.)

First impression: I might have to upgrade my graphics card.
    Second impression: The GTX 680 sure is expensive.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Someday I'll learn to upgrade a power supply. That shit be scary.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular

A few months ago, I came into a new video card, but needed to upgrade my power supply to power it. I thought replacing a power supply would be no problem. And ultimately, it wasn't, but while I had the case open and the new power supply just sitting there like a heart waiting for transplant, I was hit with the biggest wave of terror.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • StregoneStregone VA, USARegistered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »

A few months ago, I came into a new video card, but needed to upgrade my power supply to power it. I thought replacing a power supply would be no problem. And ultimately, it wasn't, but while I had the case open and the new power supply just sitting there like a heart waiting for transplant, I was hit with the biggest wave of terror.

I get that way when I have to reboot my computer. My computer stays on all the time. I will go weeks at a time without rebooting. Sometimes when I have to reboot it...it doesn't come back up.

the fear i have of replacing a PSU is entirely related to the hours i spent making sure the wiring didn't mess up the airflow

the thought of redoing that just makes me D:

RxI0N.png
    edited April 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6WsXRT05gaQ

7 min gameplay.

Confirmed no brostep. D:

God I love the new art style so much.

Antihippy on
    Man, I'm replaying BL1 with a soldier and holy shit is Sledge kicking my ass. My Siren had no trouble and I'm on level, but I've been using a non-elemental ~12x50 2 round shotgun with ~35 accuracy, and if I get up in his face to use it he can basically two shot me from full shields to dead using that fucking melee attack.

Any advice? I think may need to respec to metal storm from scattershot and scrounge up an elemental smg with decent accuracy.

Also, does metal storm do ANYTHING for burst fire combat rifles? I have a decent-ish one, but didn't see any effect at all with 5/5 metal storm.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    metal storm definitely helps burst combat rifles, just like everything else. It makes the time between bursts smaller and makes the bursts fire faster. Plus the recoil thing which can make a huge difference on some guns.

As far as sledge, I never bothered with shotguns with Roland. I always used Combat Rifles, SMG's and occasionally snipers (and pistols when I finally found a godly defiler), so I never got that close to him; for that reason I never really found him hard. Toss down your turret between you, gives you time to distract him for a few seconds to get some good shots off and repeat. Having a good lightning SMG (which elemental weapons at low level can be kind of rare but I was never shy of reloading the game over and over and doing vendor runs to find good stuff) helps since most of his "health" is just shields, once they're gone he goes down like a bitch. It doesn't even have to be that strong, just something that can burn his shields fast.

I imagine you can do it with a shotgun but you're relying on your turret more for distraction which doesn't always work, but if you get one with moderately high accuracy with lightning it should be good.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Oh, my shotgun can rip his shield down in one blast. Maybe if I beeline for overload and get the clip size up I can take him down if I string together crits, that might be easier.