As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Game Over! Way to go killer p.50 The Unfortunate Voyage of the Harbinger

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    We are getting fucking wrecked by inactivus

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    posting is hard

Posted from my DyPad 7

liEt3nH.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It's hard and no one understands

steam_sig.png
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    I am so, so sorry. Please grudge me. Life got overwhelming today.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Grudgedy grudge grudge

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    color="red"]Egos[/color] because Figgy was super freakin' suspicious a looking at him, and I guess we didn't follow up because voting patterns from previous Phallas don't count. I might be wrong, but if I'm not then we can start looking at the people who mounted a vigorous defense for him when he wasn't even in that much danger.

dot dot dot

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Egos

whooooooops

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Even though I do like the gaslight wagon, I think I'm going to go with akimbolegs again. I just don't buy the 'Egos throwing analios under the bus day two to get ???' theory, combined with how quickly he moved to reinforce the narrative after bedlam had mentioned it.

I am a massive wuss as mafia and would never argue for anything that vociferously.

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    A lot of the vote discussion from yesterday after I posted my vote went totally over my head.
    I thinks it's because I haven't played a huge amount of phalla and don't know the players as well. This is not an excuse as I realize that I have played more than some people who were arguing very well yesterday.

My very poorly understood recap of yesterday was shabooty was suspicious from his previous votes and timing of said votes
    Ego was suspicious because he voted/started on bandwagons on mafias in previous games when he was mafia
    Daniant was suspicious because she was barley posting and that's not like her?

I think there are a lot of quite people out there (me included) who are going under the radar. I need to look at the list of still alive players to confirm this though.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Egos was suspicious because he voted/started on bandwagons on mafias in previous games when he was mafia

I'll stop you right there, my good man. I have never done that in a past game. I have been on mafia wagons early-mid ways in past games. Usually mid-later though.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Malkor wrote: »
    color="red"]Egos[/color] because Figgy was super freakin' suspicious a looking at him, and I guess we didn't follow up because voting patterns from previous Phallas don't count. I might be wrong, but if I'm not then we can start looking at the people who mounted a vigorous defense for him when he wasn't even in that much danger.

dot dot dot

That post is almost too suspicious a misrepresentation of the arguments to be suspicious.

Screw it. Malkor

steam_sig.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I did not follow the entirety of the Egos debate yesterday in all its excruciating detail, but from what I saw there did not seem to be any really compelling reason to suspect him, and Malkor's summary does seem shallow at best and misrepresented at worst. Plus there have been a couple points where I forgot he was even playing in this game.

A lot of the people who seemed to be laying low got taken out by inactivus last night, ironically enough, including Daniant (who was suspected by several people) and Towndrunk (who had attracted my notice previously). I still think we have some malefactors lurking under the radar, at least now there's less weeds for them to hide in (to mix a metaphor). If not mafia, at least the SK, which at this point is nearly as important. If it weren't for inactives and the SK, we would be doing pretty decent right now.

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    1. Pierce Benedict, Harbinger Captain - Skull Man
    4. Dr. Ian Forbes, Doctor, Head of the Medbay - sportzboytjw
    5. Dr. Curtis Henshaw, Doctor, Head of Research and Development - KetBra
    8. Simon Krieger, Lab Assistant - DumpShock
    12. Albert 'Ace' McKinney, Marine - REG Rysk
    15. Bob Rickman, Repairman, Home Issues - Void Slayer JackIsReal
    18. Larry Curtis, Marketing Manager - The Anonymous romanqwerty
    21. Dr. Calvin Underton, Gravity Engineer - Cythraul
    23. Razer, Band Member - Egos
    30. Buster Chambers, Shopkeeper/Provisions Officer - Citizen
    32. Jerome Jones, Co-Pilot - Cayrus
    35. Dr. Sarah Longfellow, Psychiatrist - Bedlam
    36. Dr. Riki Oz, Xenobiologist Researcher - I needed a name to post.
    37. Dr. Juan Nestor, Geologist - SLyM
    38. Billy Sheldon, Accountant - Mr. Mojo Risin
    40. Wally Walters, Information Technology Guru - Smoove Operator
    41. Dr. Blaire Doolittle, Artificial Intelligence Researcher - 38thDoe
    42. Jack Rollins, Repairman, Computer/Electronics - Infidel
    44. Peter Rogers, Police/Guard Force - Gaslight
    46. Roland Burroughs, Harbinger General Manager - Spoit
    47. Brittany "Babs" Harrow, General Manager's Secretary - Alegis
    48. Lester/Debra *last name open*, Crewperson's Spouse - AkimboLegs
    49. John/Susana *last name open*, Crewperson's Spouse - Shiny New Toys

is this list right? I'm trying to do this on my phone and switching between pages is a pain in the butt

Shiny New Toys on
    Egos wrote: »
    Egos was suspicious because he voted/started on bandwagons on mafias in previous games when he was mafia

I'll stop you right there, my good man. I have never done that in a past game. I have been on mafia wagons early-mid ways in past games. Usually mid-later though.

Sorry egos. I was just trying to summarize my impressions from yesterday's thread posts. I didn't mean to slander your good name :P

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    So yeah, now people know why they were asking me "really? I thought you would want me to go after daniant." :P

@daniant So grudging you. I spare you and then you forget to vote!

OrokosPA.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    presuming 20% mafia 6 of those are mafioso

Posted from my DyPad 7

liEt3nH.png
    Wow, are we really down to half already? D:

OrokosPA.png
    Egos wrote: »

Sorry egos. I was just trying to summarize my impressions from yesterday's thread posts. I didn't mean to slander your good name :P

Regardless of what side you end up being, you are good in my books. Politeness is a rare quality 8-)

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Akimbolegs must die for his crimes against all that is good and pure.

Also because he wont let me in the champagne room.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Huh, interesting night.

Personally Malkor has been a little under the radar for me most of the game, will wait til I'm back from work before throwing my vote around though.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    edited March 2012
    Akimbolegs must die for his crimes against all that is good and pure.

Also because he wont let me in the champagne room.

You can go anywhere you like, sweetheart ;)

As long as I get to watch.

AkimboLegs on
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Well shit. I felt pretty good about that vote too

Time to do some reading and magicboxing

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Anybody know what the hell a security gauntlet would do? It sounds a bit guardish but kime had a plasma shield or whatever and that was pretty straigforward. This seems to be the first power that isnt self explainatory.

Bedlam on
    Could be multiple guards, guards against different attacks, personal guards.

Honestly it probably doesn't matter that much, though.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    oooOOOoooOOoOO

inactive specials super duper ultra grudged

oOOOoooOoOooO

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    On review, I'm gonna go with Gaslight on account of his attempts to deflect from Anialos on grounds of it just being "Assuran's hunch" when I can't find a damn single time Assuran even brought up Anialos. Combine this with seemingly random drive by votes that turn into bandwagon concurrence and it just doesn't sit right with me.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Inactivus is culling too many.

Can we please have people pay attention, it's not even the weekend yet.

• DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    Ouch. Inactives really added a sting to the total last night.

The no warnings rule is really strange and something I havent seen before.

But at the same time I have a hard time belive people can check in and make a quick vote to keep active.

edited March 2012
    I mean back in my day we only had the internet inside of computers! And just barely! You had to walk uphill in 10 feet of snow just to plug in your shitty little 56k, then walk all the way back uphill again to make it home. Took half an hour to download a naked lady picture and if you got a phone call you had to start all over again! And the hippos! So many geocities bouncing hippos! A hippo killed my father once, it was awful.

Bedlam on
    Nullzone wrote: »
    On review, I'm gonna go with Gaslight on account of his attempts to deflect from Anialos on grounds of it just being "Assuran's hunch" when I can't find a damn single time Assuran even brought up Anialos.

In regards to this at least, he said he mixed up Alegis and and Assuran ("A" names). Although Alegis was more just plopping down a random name.

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    I remember reading something about 'placeholder' or 'placeholder votes' being discouraged.

considering inactivus' greed, I'd rather encourage placeholders.

Mojo was the defensive one, right?

The AAA wagon confusion!

OrokosPA.png
    If you thought it was difficult to distinguish Alegis from Assuran, we should have another phalla with Aegis and Aegeris

Mojo is plagued, fyi.

OrokosPA.png
    Alegis wrote: »
    If you thought it was difficult to distinguish Alegis from Assuran, we should have another phalla with Aegis and Aegeris

Alegis, Aegis, Aegeri, I remember that game. :rotate:

OrokosPA.png
    oh

sorry to have angered you mr mojo :(

please don't infect me D:

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular

THOU SHALT NOT MISSPELL THE @AEGERI NAME SPARROW OR SUFFER GREAT PAIN AND SUFFERING

I've decided that I'm now a random summoner of folk to this thread.

I'm also the last Marine standing.

Not sure AkimboLegs has done anything to dislodge my suspicions. Also, I agree with Alegis that placeholders at this point have become a necessity to prevent further dooms. Hrm.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular

Blargh. Shut up, I don't even know who Aegeris is. :(