As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Game Over! Way to go killer p.50 The Unfortunate Voyage of the Harbinger

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Nullzone wrote: »
    On review, I'm gonna go with Gaslight on account of his attempts to deflect from Anialos on grounds of it just being "Assuran's hunch" when I can't find a damn single time Assuran even brought up Anialos.

In regards to this at least, he said he mixed up Alegis and and Assuran ("A" names). Although Alegis was more just plopping down a random name.

Well fuck, I dunno then.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    I'm busy most of the day, so just incase the wagOn on me really gets ground, I think it's stupid to go after mr when we still have people that have actually been guilty if mafia behavior (re: on sega wagon)
    All I did was argue that egos is a possible candidate. Why on earth is that more suspicious than anything else?

• Options
    Actually, you know what, DumpShock and AkimboLegs have been taking potshots at eachother since day 2, and AkimboLegs goes from "man that guy is suspicious" to "that guy is pretty okay" in less than a day. It's just...inconsistent. May just be choice of words, but nevertheless.

• Options
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    So lots of the suspected people still alive - Gaslight, Mojo, Dumpshock, (egos).

Guess we got our answer on dani too :P

At least we won't waste a day.

I'm going to go ahead and quote this, and point you to where I still find Dumpshock a good candidate.

And reemphasizr that spoits vote on me is for "lying" about a previous phalla - which I then proved I did nit do.
    REG found some RP posts suspicious.

Great evidence :/

• Options
    Lastly - I was also one of the first people to voice anialos suspicions, and tried to vote him out versus segatai.
    If that's enough to quell egos suspicion it should probably help my case!

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    It's a plan so brilliant only the mafia could plan it: all of us vote for one of our members.

"They can't think we're all mafia trying to make ourselves look innocent!"

Genius Akimbo, but it will never work.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    In spite of his persistent, unseemly, and deeply hurtful votes for me, I don't really think Akimbo is suspicious.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    @AkimboLegs

You've also been fixated on Gaslight, which from what I can tell is largely gut reaction (or if it isn't, you haven't made much effort to present your case)

Sure, you've switched votes around to accommodate wagons and vote control, and with regards to the events of day 2 it wouldn't surprise me if the mafia already felt the ghost had already been given up with regards to Anialos and decided to spread some votes out to mask allegiances. In a game where you can see every public move the players have made, your fixation on the same person every round (even if you haven't stuck with it) seems odd.

Perhaps that's just your style and I don't know you well enough yet, but it stands out to my eye. I'm thinking out loud here, but so far I haven't seen anything to tell me differently.

Nullzone on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    god, fucking inactives

on the plus side, one more mafioso (or two?) and they'll be down to one kill a night, right?

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    Bob Rickman has no idea what is going on

Bob Rickman plans to get some learnin' done

• Options
    nullzone who are you talking to

• Options
    I think he was talking to Akimbo, as he's the only one who could be said to have fixated on me.

• Options
    Yeah, sorry, I form thoughts between jobs at work and so I don't always notice when 20+ minutes have gone by between when I started a post and when I finish it

• Options
    DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    With the fact that Figgy came up not mafia I can't really bring myself to put a vote on Akimbo. Also according to the box his day 2 and day 3 votes were both on Anialos. Day 3 was when we were taking potshots at each other...

Did I just defend Akimbo?

• Options
    You've also been fixated on Gaslight, which from what I can tell is largely gut reaction (or if it isn't, you haven't made much effort to present your case)

Sure, you've switched votes around to accommodate wagons and vote control, and with regards to the events of day 2 it wouldn't surprise me if the mafia already felt the ghost had already been given up with regards to Anialos and decided to spread some votes out to mask allegiances. In a game where you can see every public move the players have made, your fixation on the same person every round (even if you haven't stuck with it) seems odd.

Perhaps that's just your style and I don't know you well enough yet, but it stands out to my eye. I'm thinking out loud here, but so far I haven't seen anything to tell me differently.

Except for where I cite gaslights presence on Sevatais wagon to save anialos?

I moved off gaslight for a) to try kill anialos (the night he DIDN'T die, so the giving up the ghost post makes no sense) and b) to create a strong second place because this is a munkus phalla and it's possible vote shenanigans could occur.

I'm not a big fan of wasting a vote in someone just to "register I think he's guilty" so when a wagon is clearly not taking off I'm ok moving it somewhere useful.

• Options
    That is my final post for today, I am off to explore Chicago! I am a villager, voting me out is a poor idea with so many better targets around. I hope you do not make that mistake! Pleasant hunting.

• Options
    AkimboLegs wrote: »

I'm not a big fan of wasting a vote in someone just to "register I think he's guilty" so when a wagon is clearly not taking off I'm ok moving it somewhere useful.

this is extremely reasonable

it seems like a lot of people have gotten themselves into a hole by acting to protect themselves as a villager instead of working to root out mafia, which is the name of the game

I'm not saying you're not mafia--hell, I think you're a little suspicious--but I can't fault the reasoning of not always acting to broadcast innocence

I mean, it seems like "acting to broadcast innocence" would basically the watchword for a mediocre mafia

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    I think that Kimbo is acting just like the last time he was mafia.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    DumpShock wrote: »
    With the fact that Figgy came up not mafia

When did this happen? Did I miss a seer mouthpiece?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    With the fact that Figgy came up not mafia I can't really bring myself to put a vote on Akimbo. Also according to the box his day 2 and day 3 votes were both on Anialos. Day 3 was when we were taking potshots at each other...

Did I just defend Akimbo?
    Who was arguing that figgy was mafia? He was clearly being too helpful, and not in a 'trying to control the narrative' kind of way

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Um, Figgy died last night as a villager.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !Gaslight

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    god, fucking inactives

on the plus side, one more mafioso (or two?) and they'll be down to one kill a night, right?

Was this mentioned somewhere and I missed it?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Gaslight wrote: »

Um, Figgy died last night as a villager.

Oh, I missed him in the casualty list. WHEE HERPY DERP :rotate:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Infidel wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    god, fucking inactives

Was this mentioned somewhere and I missed it?

isn't that how it works? if we're assuming there were 10 (20% of 50) and we get them down to half they should be at half-strength, right

isn't there usually a half-strength half-kills mechanic? that's how it was in baidol's, though as bedlam reminded me they had two cells with one kill each

hmm

Skull Man on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Not really? Sometimes there is, but not always?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oh. well, shit, doesn't that make it really easy for a mafia to steamroll in an endgame scenario?

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    It's not usually done that way, no

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Who was arguing that figgy was mafia? He was clearly being too helpful, and not in a 'trying to control the narrative' kind of way
    I did. Very much in the "trying to control the narrative" kind of way.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    If you find him too controlling of the narrative feel free to provide your own reasoning analysis with post links.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I just knew who to vote for but then I forgot.

Shit.

Hold on a sec.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Yeah it was Jackisreal

(I'm pretty sure that wasn't actually who it was but I found him suspicious while I was looking for the first guy)

(first guy, whoever you are, I still have my eye on you)

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    If you find him too controlling of the narrative feel free to provide your own reasoning analysis with post links.
    O.o
    Please at least make an attempt to place my comment in context before seizing on it.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Is there any resason ketbra is no longer suspicious?

He was getting a few votes early on but he hasnt really posted to the point that im not really sure if hes even still alive with the op not updated.

He is also on the segatai wagon, but was getting votes before it started.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    KetBra is alive. Reading narrations is not that hard, people, at least if you wait a few minutes to make sure Munkus covers everybody in the bloodbaths that have been happening.

I think the list SNT posted a couple pages back is accurate:
    1. Pierce Benedict, Harbinger Captain - Skull Man
    4. Dr. Ian Forbes, Doctor, Head of the Medbay - sportzboytjw
    5. Dr. Curtis Henshaw, Doctor, Head of Research and Development - KetBra
    8. Simon Krieger, Lab Assistant - DumpShock
    12. Albert 'Ace' McKinney, Marine - REG Rysk
    15. Bob Rickman, Repairman, Home Issues - Void Slayer JackIsReal
    18. Larry Curtis, Marketing Manager - The Anonymous romanqwerty
    21. Dr. Calvin Underton, Gravity Engineer - Cythraul
    23. Razer, Band Member - Egos
    30. Buster Chambers, Shopkeeper/Provisions Officer - Citizen
    32. Jerome Jones, Co-Pilot - Cayrus
    35. Dr. Sarah Longfellow, Psychiatrist - Bedlam
    36. Dr. Riki Oz, Xenobiologist Researcher - I needed a name to post.
    37. Dr. Juan Nestor, Geologist - SLyM
    38. Billy Sheldon, Accountant - Mr. Mojo Risin
    40. Wally Walters, Information Technology Guru - Smoove Operator
    41. Dr. Blaire Doolittle, Artificial Intelligence Researcher - 38thDoe
    42. Jack Rollins, Repairman, Computer/Electronics - Infidel
    44. Peter Rogers, Police/Guard Force - Gaslight
    46. Roland Burroughs, Harbinger General Manager - Spoit
    47. Brittany "Babs" Harrow, General Manager's Secretary - Alegis
    48. Lester/Debra *last name open*, Crewperson's Spouse - AkimboLegs
    49. John/Susana *last name open*, Crewperson's Spouse - Shiny New Toys

Gaslight on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I do read the narrative but I cant always remember what happened when. And then I go to bed and wake up and theres five more pages and everything just starts running together and I dont remember a list being posted earlier but there it is :S

So thanks, I guess.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    hmm Gaslight for the time being. For reasons mentioned yesterday and I think this is a bit weird. Well weird in the sense that I think Akimbo is acting pretty suspicious(mainly the aggressive/defensive switch), the only thing that makes me not vote for him are the people who are on him (which includes the more unusual behaving Rysk). And the fact that the shady as fuck Malkor was sorta contending against him, and it seemed like the wave of votes were making us forget his existence.

I'd have to digest this a bit more to reach a good conclusion.. I should note about the Gaslight thinking Akimbo is innocent, I'm being really biased here and thinking it might be one of those cases of "nice mafia" where they know someone is innocent and they don't like adding fuel to the fire because it makes them feel bad. I've been at the point before. And I only say this because Gaslight has reason to be against Akimbo, because Akimbo has been out for him. There is always the possibility Gas is a bigger man ,etc. etc. but there are other things that make him suspect.

I may go back onto Malkor... Gaslight's presence unfortunately didn't help.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »

I like to pet my narrative and call it Judy.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I believe all of the votes for me have been based on "that guy seems shady" or otherwise throw-away votes.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Egos wrote: »
    hmm Gaslight for the time being. For reasons mentioned yesterday and I think this is a bit weird. Well weird in the sense that I think Akimbo is acting pretty suspicious(mainly the aggressive/defensive switch), the only thing that makes me not vote for him are the people who are on him (which includes the more unusual behaving Rysk). And the fact that the shady as fuck Malkor was sorta contending against him, and it seemed like the wave of votes were making us forget his existence.

I'd have to digest this a bit more to reach a good conclusion.. I should note about the Gaslight thinking Akimbo is innocent, I'm being really biased here and thinking it might be one of those cases of "nice mafia" where they know someone is innocent and they don't like adding fuel to the fire because it makes them feel bad. I've been at the point before. And I only say this because Gaslight has reason to be against Akimbo, because Akimbo has been out for him. There is always the possibility Gas is a bigger man ,etc. etc. but there are other things that make him suspect.

I may go back onto Malkor... Gaslight's presence unfortunately didn't help.

OK, trying to follow this...

Akimbo argues for you as a vote candidate, as does Malkor.

Akimbo also argues for me.

You think both Akimbo and Malkor are very suspicious.

I agree that Malkor is suspicious and vote for him, but disagree that Akimbo is and don't vote for him because he hasn't really done anything that's attracted my ire/attention except vote for me (and tit-for-tat spite voting isn't going to get us anywhere).

Based on this, out of everybody, rather than either of the two people you said your find very suspicious...you choose to vote for me.

???

Gaslight on