Options

[Cards Against Humanity] With your host, Guy Smiley! Round 5!

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Should've saved Panda Sex for this round, would've killed.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    MY POINTLESS FRIENDS, RALLY AROUND ME! FOR TOO LONG ALL OF THE POINTS HAVE BEEN CONCENTRATED IN THE HANDS OF A FEW! WE ARE THE POINTLESS! WE ARE THE 99%!

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Should've saved Panda Sex for this round, would've killed.

It should have killed last time. Luckily, I have a really good one again for this round.

• Options
    Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    Me no point? Noooooooo

• Options
    towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    Auschwitz. Because grandmas find genocide arousing.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    The answers are in. Let's get to it!

boardtop-1.png

What am I giving up for Lent? Me time
    What am I giving up for Lent? Golden showers
    What am I giving up for Lent? Lumberjack fantasies
    What am I giving up for Lent? Waking up half naked in a Denny's parking lot
    What am I giving up for Lent? My sex life
    What am I giving up for Lent? Not reciprocating oral sex
    What am I giving up for Lent? The South
    What am I giving up for Lent? American Gladiators
    What am I giving up for Lent? Vehicular Manslaughter
    What am I giving up for Lent? Firing a rifle into the air while balls deep in a squealing hog
    What am I giving up for Lent? Famine
    What am I giving up for Lent? Poor life choices
    What am I giving up for Lent? Self-loathing
    What am I giving up for Lent? Five-dollar footlongs
    What am I giving up for Lent? Being a dick to children
    What am I giving up for Lent? Being fabulous

boardbot.png

Rius, what say you?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure nobody ever PLANS on waking up half naked at Denny's.
    Also the squealing hog one gave me a mighty chuckle.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Alright, let's break it down.

I'm not a religious person but I'm pretty sure, for Lent, you're supposed to give up something you do often and/or something you enjoy. And I don't think you can give up a negative, so shame on you "Not reciprocating oral sex" and "Famine". I'm going to lump "self-loathing" in here, because if you're a self-loather you should give it up for longer than 40 days.

We can knock off a couple of boring answers and/or answers which resemble plots of terrible movies. Ergo, "Me time", "My sex life", "Poor life choices", "Lumberjack fantasies" and "Being fabulous". "Five-dollar footlongs" gets booted because the competition is just too good. "Vehicular manslaughter", while a funny concept, is probably not something one gets to do often. And "being a dick to children" is just mean. Plus, who'd give that up, if they found solace in it?

That brings us down to five entries. "The South" is an amusing yet excessively nebulous concept (unless you're the President), "waking up..." is funny but not funny enough, "golden showers" is too easy and "American Gladiators" is something one should never give up.

That means "Firing a rifle into the air while balls deep in a squealing hog" is this round's winner! I never thought I'd say those words, but the mental image of a redneck hick deciding to give up his favorite daily ritual is just too funny. Imagine the sadness on his face. Imagine the dejection of the rejected pig.

Time to see if TheRoadVirus is shilling for his own answer!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I really should, but mine was the oral sex one.
    I just go for the ones that I believe are best. And this time, like many before it, I didn't think it was mine.

• Options
    I'm surprised at how far my American Gladiators went. I thought it was a trash card.

• Options
    I would've lumped The South in as giving up a negative. I'm still giving it up for Lent, though.

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I would've lumped The South in as giving up a negative. I'm still giving it up for Lent, though.

Good sir, I find your comment inflammatory, and hereby challenge you to a duel. Nerf swords at dawn!

• Options

Good sir, I find your comment inflammatory, and hereby challenge you to a duel. Nerf swords at dawn!

NOPE
    DemopanFad.png

• Options
    Alright Figgy, time to change your sig!

• Options

NOPE
    DemopanFad.png

I cannot see your picture, but will assume it is something that will put me in my place, and have been appropriately humbled.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Hrmph, thought for sure Lumberjack Fantasies would take it.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options

NOPE
    DemopanFad.png

I cannot see your picture, but will assume it is something that will put me in my place, and have been appropriately humbled.

Well it's supposed to be a Demopan
    That fad loadout thing in TF2

• Options
    Thank you, Rius! It looks like, once again, Shiny New Toys takes a point. The board is looking much more populated as of late. If you're not on the board yet, why not?

board07-1.png

Let's see, towndrunk34? You doing okay over there? I need you to pick the best answer to the following:

What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard?

What'll it be? My cell phone? A lighter? My DVD collection of the stand-up comedy of Paul Reiser? The possibilities are endless!

• Options
    Wondering if there is a boomstick card

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Mine are all terrible for this one.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I figured someone would've got the self-loathing Catholic joke in that. Nope.

Mine is perfect, but obvious. I'm sure I won't win.

• Options
    I have... really nothing good for this one at all =/

• Options
    Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    I have concluded that our card czars (including myself) have terrible taste.
    I hope the next czar will be better. By better I mean pick mine.

• Options

Just tell me which card is yours, I swear I'll pick it
    to be ignored entirely

• Options
    Haha, I'm now the host's sig.

Because I'm awesome.

• Options

Just tell me which card is yours, I swear I'll pick it
    to be ignored entirely

It's the one about the butt!
    Exclude the one about the butt!

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular

I don't know, I rather liked the decision of the last two :P

• Options
    Gentlemen, I simply demand but TWO things.
    ONE, that I be given many cards for my amusement and judging.
    TWO, that these cards be utterly devoid of taste, sense, and decency.
    That is all.

• Options
    Gentlemen, I simply demand but TWO things.
    ONE, that I be given many cards for my amusement and judging.
    TWO, that these cards be utterly devoid of taste, sense, and decency.
    That is all.

• Options
    I also demand that accidental double posting ceases.

• Options
    Soooo...

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Annnnnd, the answers!

boardtop-1.png

What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? A brain tumor
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? Bill Nye the Science Guy
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? Lunchables
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? New Age music
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? BATMAN!!!
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? A homoerotic volleyball montage
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? Laying an egg
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? A micropenis
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? The Care Bear Stare
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? A Bop It™
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? Cybernetic enhancements
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? The Hustle
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? Fancy Feast
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? The Force
    What will I bring back in time to convince people that I am a powerful wizard? Dominoes™ Oreo™ Dessert Pizza

boardbot.png

@towndrunk34, pick the most bestiest answer in the whole wide world!

Smiley is getting ansy too, folks, so I've sent out your new cards early. You can open this one tonight, but the rest have to wait until Christmas morning.

Figgy on
  • Options
    Is it bad that homoerotic volleyball makes me think of Top Gun?

• Options
    Ooops forgot a couple. Slipped em in there, all gentle-like.

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    No that's exactly what everyone thinks of when you say homoerotic volleyball - fact

I like the Oreo answer - mm food

• Options
    top_gun_1.jpg

• Options
    Oh man. The card I just got better win me something.

• Options
    TALK TO ME, GOOSE!

• Options
    Hard choices.
    I'd say The Hustle. You NEED magic to make something that catchy.

• Options
    Wow. I don't agree with the decisions in this game EVER. :P