As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 71 - In doldari's 3rd Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Empire: 1d6h4 1
    Kill one of the many acolytes, for no apparent reason.

• Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Bretonnia: 2 hits, rat ogre
    http://orokos.com/roll/66739

Tilea: 2 hits, 2 s/he cultistis please
    http://orokos.com/roll/66740

The Badlands: 3 hits, 1 rat please
    http://orokos.com/roll/66741

So you were right darian....when it rains, it pours....4 dacs all told...should give me a double i think...

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Bretonnia: Whiff

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Bretonnia: nope.

• Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    Round 3-4. Battle Phases

game71state35.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Morrslieb Eclipsed : Khorne cannot play Chaos cards.
    The Warrens Erupt! : In the end phase, players who collected only one dial advancement counter do not advance their dial.

- Upgrade Effects
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region

- Chaos Card Effects
    Kislev : Glean (This region is considered adjacent to all other regions)
    Bretonnia : Transmogrify (During the battle phase, roll one battle die for each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region) and Creeping Death (If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region)
    Estalia : Warp Shock (Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value)
    Tilea : Quicken Decay (When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point) and Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point)
    The Badlands : Strength in Numbers (The defense value of your figures is increased by one)

Battle Dice.
    Troll Country : 4 Dice, 3 Dice
    Kislev : 2 Dice, 2 Dice
    The Empire : 3 Dice, 1 Dice
    Bretonnia : 2 Dice, 1 Dice, 1 Dice
    Tilea : 2 Dice, 2 Dice
    The Badlands : 2 Dice

• Options
    Tilea: 2d6h4 0
    Whiff

• Options
    Round 3-5. Corruption Phases

game71state35.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Morrslieb Eclipsed : Khorne cannot play Chaos cards.
    The Warrens Erupt! : In the end phase, players who collected only one dial advancement counter do not advance their dial.

- Upgrade Effects
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region

- Chaos Card Effects
    Kislev : Glean (This region is considered adjacent to all other regions)
    Bretonnia : Transmogrify (During the battle phase, roll one battle die for each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region) and Creeping Death (If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region)
    Estalia : Warp Shock (Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value)
    Tilea : Quicken Decay (When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point) and Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point)
    The Badlands : Strength in Numbers (The defense value of your figures is increased by one)

Domination Step
    Norsca : +1VP DAC
    Troll Country : +1VP
    Kislev : +4VP
    Estalia : +4VP
    Tilea : +3VP
    The Border Princes : +1VP
    The Badlands : +1VP DAC

Corruption Step
    Norsca : +1
    Kislev : +1, +1, +1
    Estalia : +1, +2 DAC
    Tilea : +1

Check for Ruination
    None.

Updated VP
    7 + 2 = 9VP
    15VP
    18 + 4 = 22VP
    12 + 7 = 19VP
    8 + 2 = 10VP

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 3-6. End Phases

game71state36.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved. - None

3. Resolve Old World cards. - Tzeentch don't advance Threat Dial.

4. Score Ruined Regions. - None

5. Advance Threat Dials. - Khorne ticks twice, Horned Rat ticks once.
    12 - Upgrade
    14 - Draw 2 Chaos Cards
    16 - Upgrade

Updated VP
    9VP
    15VP
    22VP
    19VP
    10VP

6. Check for Game end. - The game does not end.

Things that need to happen:
    1. texasheat to choose an upgrade and draw 2 Chaos Cards.
    2. jakobagger to choose an upgrade.

doldari on
  • Options
    Vengence please, cards drawn

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The Under Empire.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    couldn't make up your mind huh? Thought that said council of thirteen earlier....lol Both good choices, tough to make here that's for sure...

• Options
    Yeah, changed my mind. We'll see whether this is an example of my usual habit of changing my plan at the last minute to something much stupider.

• Options
    Yea, under empire is powerful here. Total adjectcy....

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 4-1. Old World Phases

Call to Arms!
    Place one Hero token in the Empire, and one in each region with five or more total corruption. - During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.

Place hero token in Tilea.

game71state38.png

doldari on
  • Options
    That's amusing. Made it into a total of one region.

• Options
    Round 4-2. Draw Phases

Tzeentch may choose to discard one card before drawing.

Draw 2, 10 in hand, 13 left in deck, 1 discard
    Draw 2, 3 in hand, 15 left in deck, 6 discard
    Draw 4 or 5, 5 in hand, 9 or 10 left in deck, 9 or 10 discard
    Draw 2, 7 in hand, 15 left in deck, 2 discard
    Draw 2, 5 in hand, 15 left in deck, 4 discard

Once Tzeentch has decided whether or not to discard, Khorne will be active to begin the first summoning phase.

• Options
    10 cards for korne....one bloodletter left....hmmm i wonder what i'll be doing alot of this round....

• Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    Sorry for the delay!

Discarding Bolt of Change.

• Options
    But... it kills bloodletters. :(

• Options
    What the hell darian...it's not like i took the bloodletter upgrade.....you did the right thing jebu. I don't know what's in your hand and neither does darian...lol...but i'm sure you have perfectly good reason for it.

Lets see, where to start the madness...Lets just have a bloodbath in Tilea

http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/202/acts/11990

• Options
    You know, you said Vengeance, and Ven was put on the map, but in my mind I was still looking for ways to deal with the bloodletter upgrade.

Still, though, it's a free card that kills bloodletters, and you haven't been playing around it by keeping most of your cultists on the board. I'm surprised he considers everything else in his hand better. (Though it could just be that he was holding two copies of it, in which case the discard makes perfect sense.)

• Options
    My mindset was, if he goes Bloodletter upgrade, keep it, otherwise discard it, since the odds of a dial victory are pretty low at this point. We'll see if I was wrong or not pretty soon.

• Options
    The Rat still has a decent chance of a dial victory, I'd say.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 4-3. Summon Phases

game71state39.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Call to Arms! : During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.

- Upgrade Effects
    Vengeance - In any region where you are rolling at least one battle die, you may roll one additional battle die
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region

- Chaos Card Effects
    Tilea : Bloodbath (Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region)

@Aegis active.

doldari on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Sorry, Easter dinner and missed Khorne's play.

Plaguebearer to Estalia.

5/6 PP

Characters
  • Options
    I'm not going for victory. I'm going to try to support the old world.......everyone will lose....

• Options
    Warp Shock to Tilea.

5/6 PP

• Options
    Daemonic Subtlety in Kislev
    6/6 PP

(M) Daemonic Subtlety - 0 - Your Warriors and Greater Daemons in this region each place one corruption during the corruption phase.

• Options
    (M) Screaming Bell - 3

In Kislev

5/6 PP

Reduce the cost of this card by one for each Skaven token already in this region. If there is not a Skaven token in this region, place one.

• Options
    Hmmm...lets see, lets try a skulltaker in the badlands:

http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/202/acts/11996

6/7PP

• Options
    Plaguebearer to Estalia.

4/6 PP

Characters
  • Options
    I'm gonna ask, just cause i always found it confusing. Can Tzeentch overwrite screaming bell for only the point used to play it initally? Ex, normally it costs 3, and he would have to play a 3 pp card to mystically disregard it. But since it only costs 1 due to the 2 tokens, does that mean a 1 pp card may be played over it?

• Options
    Card values never change, only how much they cost to initially play it. So Screaming Bell always counts for 3 points for domination and for the purposes of overwriting.

And since expansion Tzeentch has no card value greater than 2, 3+ cards can't be overwritten.

Characters
  • Options
    The Blue Scribes to Estalia, moving two Tzeentch corruption to Tilea.

4/6 PP

• Options
    Seductress to Kislev
    5/6 PP

• Options
    Jebu wrote: »
    The Blue Scribes to Estalia, moving two Tzeentch corruption to Tilea.

4/6 PP

DAC

• Options
    Clan Rat to Kislev

4/6 PP

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 4-3. Summon Phases

game71state40.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Call to Arms! : During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.

- Upgrade Effects
    Vengeance - In any region where you are rolling at least one battle die, you may roll one additional battle die
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region

- Chaos Card Effects
    Kislev : Daemonic Subtlety (Your Warriors and Greater Daemons in this region each place one corruption during the corruption phase)
    Tilea : Bloodbath (Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region) and Warp Shock (Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value)
    The Badlands : Skulltaker (All enemy figures that are killed in this region count toward your domination value)

@texasheat active.

doldari on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Rampage! in the badlands: 0 hits
    http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/202/acts/12033
    http://orokos.com/roll/67049

sad face......
    5/7 PP

texasheat on
  • Options